Carl Paladino: Put new stadium in Cobblestone district

I wonder if this has anything to do with it:

Paladino, whose Ellicott Development Co. already owns a significant portion of land in the neighborhood, 

Poloncarz sounded like he was completely against a stadium in downtown.  While a politician may not be able to stop a private entity from this, he can make it very difficult on the Pegulas.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I left town when I was 17, and never really knew downtown at that age. I will say, as long as the Bills are in WNY, I am happy! If it’s downtown, as I suspect it will be, that’s fine with me. Change is hard for many people, and that includes “more expensive”, but I’ll live with it. It beats Toronto! 

• Like (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I left town when I was 17, and never really knew downtown at that age. I will say, as long as the Bills are in WNY, I am happy! If it’s downtown, as I suspect it will be, that’s fine with me. Change is hard for many people, and that includes “more expensive”, but I’ll live with it. It beats Toronto! 

Downtown Buffalo has changed a ton in the last decade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Downtown Buffalo has changed a ton in the last decade.

I see that, as I get back every year or two now.  I can attend games without ever going downtown as I did last year.  (Born in Hamburg, but mostly grew up in Williamsville.). I just never got down there in my youth, and don’t know the difference between all the specific areas that are discussed. 

5 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Isn’t that the racist a-hole guy? Why should anyone care what that loser thinks?

Met him a while back when he was still on the school board.  He's an arrogant jerk in person too.

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I see that, as I get back every year or two now.  I can attend games without ever going downtown as I did last year.  (Born in Hamburg, but mostly grew up in Williamsville.). I just never got down there in my youth, and don’t know the difference between all the specific areas that are discussed. 

Did you ever go to the old War Memorial Stadium? I did as a very young kid. I'm thinking that was in city limits, but not really downtown? I do remember it was in a rough neighborhood.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jabu said:

Did you ever go to the old War Memorial Stadium? I did as a very young kid. I'm thinking that was in city limits, but not really downtown? I do remember it was in a rough neighborhood.

Check out my avatar. I was a regular there as a kid. All that’s left standing are the gates I remember. I started young! 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Check out my avatar. I was a regular there as a kid. All that’s left standing are the gates I remember. I started young! 

Nice, should have recognized your avatar. I only saw 2 or 3 games there. Great memories though!

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

“The Bills should build a stadium on land that I own.”

-Paladino 

Sure and then state can take land by eminent domain taking what they think it is worth not what a speculator thinks it is worth.

2 hours ago, mrags said:

So is Brian Moorman. But everyone here loves him for some reason. 

He must be nicest guy if mrags dislikes him.

I had an interesting conversation with a guy from Cleveland yesterday who said the stadium. In Buffalo sucks.  He was not being a dick just honest in hos opinion.  I told him that while I agreed that the concessions and amenities were lacking compared to other NFL stadiums it was a great place to watch the game.  He agreed with this adding that the bowl concept really works well.  

So for me, I would love the idea of a major overhaul of the current stadium. Keep the bowl and build better access, concession areas and restrooms.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Last summer I stayed at the Marriott Canal Side. I had not been to downtown Buffalo in decades. It is significantly better. I know there are a lot of people that would like the Bills to stay in Orchard Park. If my memory serves me, I believe they Bills ended up in Orchard Park by default. I think downtown still has a way to go. Just my opinion, but I think a stadium downtown is the right location. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, mrags said:

So is Brian Moorman. But everyone here loves him for some reason. 

I've had numerous interactions with Moorman and found him to be nothing but positive, kind, and supportive of local causes.  He donated both money and memrobilia to different groups I was part of without asking for anything in return, he was quick to reply, gave me his personal cell number for questions, and was wonderful to work with.

Not sure where this comes from, but MR8 stands for my user name MoormanRules8 on the old defunct BBMB... the dude was a great ambassador for Buffalo as a player, and has never been anything but a good kind person in all the personal and public interaction I've had with him... 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1