Astronotes from 7/31

40 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

What an absolutely wonderful recap!

GREAT job!!!

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Indeed. Very insightful and much better than any ‘journalist’ ever puts out.

“MCDermott is off to the side of the OL drill, just watching.” -and trembling...

When I read Astro's notes/summaries, it reminds me of how I feel when I listen to baseball on the radio.  The good ones (the Mets have good ones) paint the picture so clearly, it's as if you were there.  From the colors of the uniforms, to how high a player has his pant legs pulled up, to the color of the sky ... I love it.  LOVE IT.  And Astro is able to pull it off in the written word.

I'll never get sick of reading these.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When I read Astro's notes/summaries, it reminds me of how I feel when I listen to baseball on the radio.  The good ones (the Mets have good ones) paint the picture so clearly, it's as if you were there.  From the colors of the uniforms, to how high a player has his pant legs pulled up, to the color of the sky ... I love it.  LOVE IT.  And Astro is able to pull it off in the written word.

Agreed. Astro IS training camp!

• Like (+1) 4

"Josh Allen continues to look like a Real NFL Quarterback. He threw the ball away twice, took off once, and changed the play at the line to a more favorable play. That’s what a Real NFL Quarterback would do. You’ve heard some of the stories about Josh doing Josh things (yesterday’s Miami Dolphins jersey one is great). That’s what a Real NFL Quarterback does.

And he’s ours."

matthew mcconaughey ok GIF

• Like (+1) 6

41 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Dick Jauron, is that you??

I'm just saying we didn't have good punting last year and so far this training camp the only things I've seen on it have been negative until today where it seemed Carter pulled ahead some from Bojorquez.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I wonder when someone is going to give an update on Morse. It seems like he's not ready for contact yet. If I'm not mistaken, he has been held out since full contact started.

He participated in the 1st practice with pads on Sat. He had a vet rest day on Sunday. They were off Monday. He was diagnosed with a concussion yesterday and placed in the protocol. He’s currently on stage 3 of 5 in the protocol. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Daboll appears to have lost 5 pounds this camp

C'mon Daboll! We all need a role model. You go girl.

I want to lose 20 pounds before the Bills make their 2019 playoff appearance. Lead us to the promised land!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Thanks for posting.

Astro clearly loves Oliver (as do I).

When McDermott came out (last week, I think) and said that Oliver has a long way to go, was that just some sort of motivational tool?  Just didn't seem like regular coach-speak.

The talent gap between college and the NFL 1st string players is quite huge.  All rookies are humbled by this competition.  The ones that get it go on to become great ones themselves.

1 hour ago, boater said:

C'mon Daboll! We all need a role model. You go girl.

I want to lose 20 pounds before the Bills make their 2019 playoff appearance. Lead us to the promised land!

5 lbs...that's it?  I'll bet he skipped his morning pastries.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

Its to bad they cant win with the good pitchers they have.  They need to go ahead and send deGrom across town this offseason so that his talent isnt wasted.?

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 2