RIP - Hall of Fame LB Nick Buoniconti dead at 78

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27295060/hall-fame-lb-nick-buoniconti-dead-78

Pro Football Hall of Fame middle linebacker Nick Buoniconti, an undersized overachiever who helped lead the Miami Dolphins to the NFL's only perfect season, has died at the age of 78.

"Today, with a heavy heart and profound sorrow, my family and the entire Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and Buoniconti Fund community mourn the loss of a man who was truly larger than life, my father, NFL Hall of Famer Nick Buoniconti," Marc Buoniconti, his son, said in a statement. "My dad has been my hero and represents what I have always aspired to be: a leader, a mentor and a champion

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27295060/hall-fame-lb-nick-buoniconti-dead-78

Pro Football Hall of Fame middle linebacker Nick Buoniconti, an undersized overachiever who helped lead the Miami Dolphins to the NFL's only perfect season, has died at the age of 78.

"Today, with a heavy heart and profound sorrow, my family and the entire Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and Buoniconti Fund community mourn the loss of a man who was truly larger than life, my father, NFL Hall of Famer Nick Buoniconti," Marc Buoniconti, his son, said in a statement. "My dad has been my hero and represents what I have always aspired to be: a leader, a mentor and a champion

...very sad.....always liked him......and his son Marc has persevered after 1985 football injury left him a quadriplegic.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

I dislike look at me stuff, but I sat to him on a Miami to DC flight a number of years ago, and talked about the absolute domination the Dolphins had on us during those years, and OJ's expressed view that he was the best linebacker he faced.

Nice guy, very small. 

Stature wise,  nothing like what you see from LB's now.

Just a really smart player who knew where to be.

57 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

RIP Nick

JMO, but if I make it to 78 I will be happy.  I don’t think I want to get much older than that.

You may rethink that when you turn 77! ?

Buoniconti was a class act - RIP Nick.

• Like (+1) 1

I never liked the guy as a player on the hated Dolphins or on HBO’s Inside The NFL.

With saying that, my dislike was only football related and football wouldn’t be as fun if not for the villains we root against.

RIP, Mr. Buoniconti. Part of my childhood memories of why I love this sport are because of you. God speed.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I never liked the guy as a player on the hated Dolphins or on HBO’s Inside The NFL.

With saying that, my dislike was only football related and football wouldn’t be as fun if not for the villains we root against.

RIP, Mr. Buoniconti. Part of my childhood memories of why I love this sport are because of you. God speed.

Well put! could not agree more!