Bills Training Camp Day 6 - 7/31

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We all zoomed in on the wristband ?

QB wrist white, as madden would say

Can only make out (3rd and 10+) at the top.   Need the forensics team for the rest of it.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like Oliver was the MVP of the day and is quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with. I can't wait to see him in a real game.

Agree. Something tells me this kid isn't going to go through the motions in the preseason games. Chad Kelly better watch those ACL's.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Hughes and Hauschka have vet days today. Other guys are dinged up. 

I don't see anything special. Shouldn't that be what an O-Line coach does? I didn't see completely new energy or intensity . I saw a coach coaching his players. 

• Like (+1) 1

Injuries take center stage

To this point, Buffalo had been relatively lucky with injuries.

Only Tyler Kroft was considered a long-term problem that could lead into the season and his fellow tight ends Jason Croom and Dawson Knox were dealing with short-term hamstring problems.

Then during his press conference before practice, Sean McDermott announced high priority free agent Mitch Morse was diagnosed with a concussion.

When we got out to practice, lineman Spencer Long was riding a stationary bike and kicker Stephen Hauschka had a wrap on his ankle. Depth DT Robert Thomas was also out with an injury.

To compound matters, several players had to step out for a play or two to see a trainer. Pro Bowlsafety Micah Hyde did not return to practice after speaking with a trainer. That’s four (or more) starters who didn’t finish practice today purely due to injury.

Buffalo was also missing Jerry Hughes (rest) and LeSean McCoy (personal reasons) from practice.

Quick hits

• It was the longest practice of camp so far, clocking in at more than two hours.
  • Nick Easley was en fuego today, and drew the most responses from media members after breaking ankles (figuratively) in the passing game. He’s likely making a push as a practice squad candidate, or he’d have to jump Ray-Ray McCloud and Isaiah McKenzie as the backup slot guy.
  • McDermott had to call together the team at one point to lay into them for sloppy play.
  • Tyree Jackson ended practice with a bomb, his first good play of camp.
  • Kevin Johnson was first-team reps today ahead of Levi Wallace.
  • Some presumably nice young lady asked Josh Allen to the prom

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It's probably more the fact that Oliver should know better and let up if the O-lineman he is bull rushing is about to roll up the QB.  Probably an awareness issue that McD was mad at.

This is it.  Your QB is off limits period and that's why McD was pissed at Oliver.  Not sure who Oliver beat but he probably got an earful too.  Might have been more discreet.  Sounds like Oliver was fired up today in general and raising chaos. He sounds like a guy who you hate to practice against but love on game day.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Agree. Something tells me this kid isn't going to go through the motions in the preseason games. Chad Kelly better watch those ACL's.

Chad rolls with an AK in the trunk so he'll be fine.

Sooooooo glad we don't have to endure that choad....

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Like I said the other day.  Allen's great days are being overblown.  He needs to be quicker with progressions.

You do realize that the whistle blows for a sack in practice well before the issue is decided, right?  Apparently Prescott Rossi, whoever the heck he is, does not.

2 hours ago, billspro said:

Exactly, he is like Big Ben. He can hang in there and make the throw even though it looks like a sack.

But just because he can do it, doesnt mean he should make a habit of it. If the D is getting there on every play then its likely on the O-line but as the QB, in a real game, he will need to adjust and get the ball out quicker.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Watched the interview with John Brown on OBL.  What a nice guy and humble . They asked how did he get the nickname  smokey. He said his grandfather gave him that name when he was born  because he was dark,   now that is humble .  I'll be rooting for him big time.

Yep , Oliver does not like holding 

Welcome to the NFL, rook!

2 hours ago, nucci said:

I don't see anything special. Shouldn't that be what an O-Line coach does? I didn't see completely new energy or intensity . I saw a coach coaching his players. 

Juan Castillo is scoffing at this post somewhere... 

• Haha (+1) 1

Worth commenting on the RT situation. Cody had a rough day before the day off and then a rough day yesterday according to media accounts and today Ty Nsekhe is in. I repeat they want Cordy to win this job but if it has to be Ty for a stretch until he is ready then the Bills will roll with that. 

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Worth commenting on the RT situation. Cody had a rough day before the day off and then a rough day yesterday according to media accounts and today Ty Nsekhe is in. I repeat they want Cordy to win this job but if it has to be Ty for a stretch until he is ready then the Bills will roll with that. 

Good thing they brought in 8520 linemen this offseason

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

You do realize that the whistle blows for a sack in practice well before the issue is decided, right?  Apparently Prescott Rossi, whoever the heck he is, does not.

Pretty sure they had refs there today who were blowing them dead.