Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The 5 last season were concussion related. Prior to that, he didn’t experience any since 2015.

I looked again; he did miss one game in 2015, his rookie season.  Looks like that was concussion related.  This isn't good.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I looked again; he did miss one game in 2015, his rookie season.  Looks like that was concussion related.  This isn't good.

Yes, his injury history has been properly detailed. He had concussions in 2015 and 2018, 3 total. 

6 minutes ago, WideNine said:

The concussions were my primary concern with Morse, and I wondered with his injury history if there were any performance clauses structured into the deal (X number of games played, etc.). 

Concussions come easier and easier each time, till a love tap sends a player into protocol. I really like Mitch as a player, and he plays the game the way you want a player on your team to play the game and I am sure he is the kind of guy that will lay it on the line for his team, but it would be prudent for the Bills to be thinking about grooming their center of the future.

If Mitch can stay healthy for a few years then you have a bit of runway to get the next guy ready to go, and Biadasz was considered a generational talent at center and would have gone Rd 1 or 2 this year, but decided to play out his last year for the Badgers. I wish the best for Morse, but if Allen is our QB of the future, then ensuring we have him behind a solid center and o-line needs to remain a priority.

The Blue Jays have a prospect dalton Pompey who plays for the Bisons. He has had some concussion issues and in spring training this year about half way through he hit his head on some bats stored on a shelf above a locker and just recently finished a rehab stint to get him back to playing. 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Blue Jays have a prospect dalton Pompey who plays for the Bisons. He has had some concussion issues and in spring training this year about half way through he hit his head on some bats stored on a shelf above a locker and just recently finished a rehab stint to get him back to playing. 

Yep - it is just like that. Not wishing any ill on Mitch and hoping he has a long and successful stint with the Bills, BUT it would not be a bad idea to start thinking about the team's plan B and I don't think that Bodine is the long term solution - Spencer long has potential at Center, but he had that nagging finger/hand injury that impacts his snapping ability in the past, so question marks there.

I just think there is room around our depth at Center to start thinking about some fresh blood next season and hoping for Allen's sake it all holds together for this season because I think this season has the potential to be a very good growth year for Allen and this team. I have a lot more confidence in our O-Line coach getting the most out of our players so that is a positive.

11 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They continue to play injury arbitrage and continue to get burned by it.

0-9 in UFA last year.

Kroft and Morse serious concerns about their ability to perform already.

I think Beane is learning that it's very easy to be critical of the talent accumulated by a previous regime............efficiently putting your own roster together is another matter entirely. 

When you are the NFL's all-time single season money murderer you'd kinda' hope you are getting value in YOUR free agent decisions.

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

0-9 in UFA last year.

I think Beane is learning that it's very easy to be critical of the talent accumulated by a previous regime............efficiently putting your own roster together is another matter entirely. 

When you are the NFL's all-time single season money murderer you'd kinda' hope you are getting value in YOUR free agent decisions.

It’s silly to quickly count out kroft and Morse or chalk them up as losses already and then on top of that leave out how good Brown and Beasley have looked to try and prove a point against the GM... geez man

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s silly to already count out kroft and Morse or chalk them up as losses already and then on top of that leave out how good Brown and Beasley have looked to try and prove a point.... geez man

It’s how he rolls......

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

It’s silly to already count out kroft and Morse or chalk them up as losses already and then on top of that leave out how good Brown and Beasley have looked to try and prove a point.... geez man

These are the same injuries that have stalled their careers in the past.............whether you like it or not there are now serious concerns about their ability to perform.

I mean these dudes didn't make it to AUGUST without re-injury.........let alone any kind of game action.?

Beane isn't having much luck with giving contracts to centers..........prematurely extends Eric Wood then he retires........signs Bodine and he stinks.......signs Morse and he is in concussion protocol before the pads are even on.    Witchcraft I tell ya'!?

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

These are the same injuries that have stalled their careers in the past.............whether you like it or not there are now serious concerns about their ability to perform.

I mean these dudes didn't make it to AUGUST without re-injury.........let alone any kind of game action.?

Beane isn't having much luck with giving contracts to centers..........prematurely extends Eric Wood then he retires........signs Bodine and he stinks.......signs Morse and he is in concussion protocol before the pads are even on.    Witchcraft I tell ya'!?

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude is a WIZARD 

And if it’s a non-issue come regular season and they both play the brunt of the season? Which could very well be the case..... 

It’d be swell of you both to reopen this thread and let everyone know you both look silly. Thanks. Good night. 

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

0-9 in UFA last year.

If you had your way, the Bills would be paying Sammy $16M/year to get less than 600 yards a season, which would be the biggest bust of all, Gilmore $13M/year to do little more than White is doing, and Dareus $17M/year to be a run stopper and be a bad influence on the younger players.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And if it’s a non-issue come regular season and they both play the brunt of the season? Which could very well be the case..... 

It’d be swell of you both to reopen this thread and let everyone know you both look silly. Thanks. Good night. 

I hope that xanax kicks in quick you seem distressed.:thumbsup:

I got news for you though........even if they play in some games there will still be inordinate concern about them being able to stay healthy because they have already been sidelined by the same injuries that have cost them a lot of games in the past.

If you don't want to consider the reality then by all means ignore it........it's a choice........it's all entertainment.   

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you had your way, the Bills would be paying Sammy $16M/year to get less than 600 yards a season, which would be the biggest bust of all, Gilmore $13M/year to do little more than White is doing, and Dareus $17M/year to be a run stopper and be a bad influence on the younger players.  :lol:

I’d be curious the math on this:

sammys 4th and 5th year, and 2 years of Dareus vs 2 years of Benjamin, Starr AND the dareus dead space.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Don't forget the MASSIVE mistake of letting Mike Gillislee and his 5.7 yards per carry get away!

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sammy?   If I had my way I pick up his 5th year option for 2018 and then make that decision this past winter.

Gilmore has been one of the top 2-3 CB's in football since 2017.........Tre White is coming off a down year.

I had White as the top CB in that draft class..........but I would have taken Mahomes with the pick instead of trading it and taking White......... and that would have transformed the franchise and the picks and players I saved not chasing a 2018 draft class QB would have helped me improve the roster.

Dareus' base salary the past two years was around $9M........not $17M......he was never going to see those big base salary numbers at the very end of his deal...........$17M is more like the cost of eating Dareus dead money PLUS paying Star Lotulelei to be a traffic cone.:lol: