Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

19 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Agreed.  Give him as much time to heal as possible.

Thats exactly what their doing. My guess is that he actually has cleared it but they are just saying he’s still in it to avoid the media and questions why he’s not practicing if he’s cleared protocol. 

He’ll miraculously clear protocol my guess the week of the 3rd preseason game

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Thats exactly what their doing. My guess is that he actually has cleared it but they are just saying he’s still in it to avoid the media and questions why he’s not practicing if he’s cleared protocol. 

He’ll miraculously clear protocol my guess the week of the 3rd preseason game

I hope that's what it is.  It's been 2 weeks now.

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Unfortunately, you are probably correct...one more and he will have to certainly start considering that his future health is more important.

Definitely.  And I do NOT fault Beane for bringing him in.  Everyone has an injury history of some sort.  It's a crap shoot.  I'm sure if Luke Keuchly was available, multiple teams would show interest.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

They are being massively careful with Morse.

That's all it is.

I agree,  that is what is going on, Morse will be playing week one.

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

They are being massively careful with Morse.

That's all it is.

"Massively careful" for a concussion would be IR.

When you get concussion symptoms without a big hit that is very, very concerning.

It's possible that he was having these exact kind of concussion symptoms all thru the Chiefs playoff run last year but you don't get paid in free agency if teams know you are injured.

Fans assume that the medical staff can instantly tell when a player is exhibiting symptoms but I suspect that a lot of the final analysis is "how do you feel?" and that can be lied about to get on the field.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

"Massively careful" for a concussion would be IR.

When you get concussion symptoms without a big hit that is very, very concerning.

It's possible that he was having these exact kind of concussion symptoms all thru the Chiefs playoff run last year but you don't get paid in free agency if teams know you are injured.

Fans assume that the medical staff can instantly tell when a player is exhibiting symptoms but I suspect that a lot of the final analysis is "how do you feel?" and that can be lied about to get on the field.

This. And -yes, I’m going there- he’s alluded to how thankful he and his family are for this huge contract so he can get the proper care for his brother. If y’all think WE’RE concerned about him, how do think they feel? With all of this, playing in completely meaningless games in August makes zero sense.

He’ll introduce himself to the Jets.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1