Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly hope he's ok as a human being, and retires the moment the doctor tells him it's needed.

I know it's hard to step away from the game, and you just got this fat new contract, but life is more important. Getting another concussion this season should be the final straw... Coaches & trainers should put him on the IR the moment that happens.

Football is war, bound to have some casualties. Suck it up and get back out there! Totally joking, but that was def the mentality when i played little league back in the 90s. Prob why I cant't concentrate for ***** these days. lmao

10 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Morse won't practice next week...pads,full contact play starting on Tuesday against Carolina.

Bodine is not NFL material...my bud is Bengals fan..lives down there..no tears were shed when he shuffled off the Buffalo.

Long is the most important player to watch now...he was limited last night (Barkley first drive)...he held his own.

Where did Long play (RG or C)?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Where did Long play (RG or C)?

I saw him at center when Barkley came in for Josh.

Had a nice block on the Barkley/Foster mishap play on third down.:54 seconds 1st qtr.

Edited by Misterbluesky
I was wrong Feliciano was at center.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess is they unpack Morse from his bubble wrap after they return from Carolina. No reason to submit him to another team’s pounding  before they have to.  

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

Coach has a plan on place.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I said that earlier..and I never heard or saw a report that said Feliciano was getting reps at center this summer.

I think Feliciano and Long both got reps on like 2nd team at some point this summer.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Isn't it great to finally have a coach the we can be confident in? I understand there are those who don't like McDermott. But you cannot deny that he will think everything through and be prepared. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I think I heard he only practiced one day total at C and not the entire practice. One thing he has going for him is new OL coach Johnson had him in Oakland and lobbied hard for the signing. He knew JF could do it. 

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Football is war, bound to have some casualties. Suck it up and get back out there! Totally joking, but that was def the mentality when i played little league back in the 90s. Prob why I cant't concentrate for ***** these days. lmao

Football is a game.. Calling it war is a kick in the nuts to the people who/whom fought a war

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Isn't it great to finally have a coach the we can be confident in? I understand there are those who don't like McDermott. But you cannot deny that he will think everything through and be prepared. 

I don't think I've seen any regular on TSW who wants McDermott fired.

But opinions like you just expressed above are not supported at all by fact...............you don't get blown out as often as McD's teams have or get casually, uncompetitively swept aside in your first 4 matches with your biggest rival like McD has and be totally "prepared" for opponents.     Prepared to do just what is expected to get your ass kicked is not being prepared.

Now defensively McD is tight........but this is a guy who is on his second ST and OC going into his third year..........mistakes have been made.

The strength of McD's game is getting players focused on football...........but how does McD matchup as a game planner and on game day?    He HAS to get better in these areas.   It's not optional.   It hasn't been a pretty ride to 15-17.    

That doesn't mean people who say this assume he is hopeless but the bar needs to be set a lot higher if winning and consistently becoming a SB contender is the goal.  

• Like (+1) 4