Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ironic statement.

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

So what you're saying is, when working a player back from injury, it takes time???

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Ironic statement.

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

Agree on reps for injured players.  Hyde was on the field today in a red jersey for some drills.  We was walking thru with no contact.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Where are you possibly going with this?

Once Morse is healthy, we're going to cut Josh - Obviously.

#OfficialyConcerned (tm)

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Gotta have one for Morse  !

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Mark+Kelso's+Helmet&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dTLh99eH78ytjM%3A%2Cm9MuVSK79gZgOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQz8HUlrc19LQLEO3DYQ2FKOPpJQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIy8nZ6fPjAhVJRK0KHQQ_D-IQ9QEwA3oECAkQDw#imgrc=3nehOEg-jta4pM:&vet=1

Why don't more players use these things it definitely made Kelso's career last a lot longer that it would have if he wouldn't have you would think the NFL might make it mandatory after the 3rd concussion or if someone has a history of being concussed especially if they were truly worried about the players health as they say they are !! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/6/2019 at 11:35 PM, High Football IQ said:

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

missed this guy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Has no on brought up the fact that teef has been in concussion protocol since the 1993 AFC Championship game and he is none the worse for wear?

my cte causes me to say wildly inappropriate things to women.  it's a curse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, High Football IQ said:

Not going to lie, this situation with Morse is extremely concerning for a multitude of reasons.

Forget about the ridiculous contract we handed him in making him the centerpiece of a very aggressive offseason, but if we are back to square one with a guy like Bodine or Spencer Long starting at Center for most or all of the 2019 campaign I wouldn't be surprised if JA struggles or gets hurt again.

Either way it's not looking promising for a guy that has had way too many concussions the last few years and couldn't even make it through the first padded camp practice this year.

Just tell me now .... are you telling the truth?

1 hour ago, T master said:

Gotta have one for Morse  !

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+Mark+Kelso's+Helmet&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=dTLh99eH78ytjM%3A%2Cm9MuVSK79gZgOM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRQz8HUlrc19LQLEO3DYQ2FKOPpJQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiIy8nZ6fPjAhVJRK0KHQQ_D-IQ9QEwA3oECAkQDw#imgrc=3nehOEg-jta4pM:&vet=1

Why don't more players use these things it definitely made Kelso's career last a lot longer that it would have if he wouldn't have you would think the NFL might make it mandatory after the 3rd concussion or if someone has a history of being concussed especially if they were truly worried about the players health as they say they are !! 

Little late to the party- this has been analyzed and explained a couple pages back fwiw

On 8/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, Ittakestime said:

You are really calling this a game?

Is it called preseason scrimmage?

I mean in Allen’s last media session after practice, he talked about them working on things they expect the Colts to do...because they were studying them on film.  It’s not anywhere at the level of a regular season but you still need to evaluate players.  

How are you going to get a true evaluation on position battles and depth players if they have zero preparation going into a game?

I honestly hope he's ok as a human being, and retires the moment the doctor tells him it's needed.

I know it's hard to step away from the game, and you just got this fat new contract, but life is more important. Getting another concussion this season should be the final straw... Coaches & trainers should put him on the IR the moment that happens.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I honestly hope he's ok as a human being, and retires the moment the doctor tells him it's needed.

I know it's hard to step away from the game, and you just got this fat new contract, but life is more important. Getting another concussion this season should be the final straw... Coaches & trainers should put him on the IR the moment that happens.

I think we should leave it up to Morse and the Doctors to determine where he needs to be if he gets another concussion.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Morse won't practice next week...pads,full contact play starting on Tuesday against Carolina.

Bodine is not NFL material...my bud is Bengals fan..lives down there..no tears were shed when he shuffled off the Buffalo.

Long is the most important player to watch now...he was limited last night (Barkley first drive)...he held his own.