Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Paradis was signed for less money and had less of a long term injury concern.  Granted he is two years older and was coming off fibula fracture.  Many on here wanted Paradis over Morse.  I was a bit shocked he lasted in FA as long as he did so maybe he is not as well respected league wide. 

Only time will tell if Beane made the right move

Paradis has bad hips.  That's why his market was so weak.

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Thanks, "dude". Hate that term describing people. Seventy six years old and not a "dude".

Actually there is no arguing it.. You are in fact a dude

dude
/do͞od/
informalNorth American
noun
noun: dude; plural noun: dudes
  1. 1.
    a man; a guy.
    "if some dude smacked me, I'd smack him back"
Edited by ddaryl

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Interesting that he is hiking the ball to Barkley.

Not really.

There's zero expectation that he'll play on Thursday, so they're getting Bodine the reps with Allen since he'll very likely be the starting center.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Not really.

There's zero expectation that he'll play on Thursday, so they're getting Bodine the reps with Allen since he'll very likely be the starting center.

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

The amount of Bodine snaps to Allen in his career versus Morse snaps to Allen is like 1,000 times more.  Does Morse not plan on snapping to Allen at all this year?

If you remember when Morse was practicing, there were snap issues between the two.

If Morse can snap, I want it going to the starting QB.  It is unsure how many times Morse will be able to do this before the regular season.  Anytime you can get some snaps in, it should be Morse to Allen.

That's generally not how practice reps go.

In the final practice before a game, the guy that's starting is going to take the starter's reps.

• Like (+1) 1

You are really calling this a game?

You're really going to argue this point?

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You're really going to argue this point?

As far as the coaching staff is concerned, yes, they are preparing as though it's a game.  Hence why they run a practice the way that they do.

Today is the final practice before their first game of the preseason; the guys that will be starting are taking the starter's reps.

Get upset about it if you want to, but that's the case here.

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Then why was Barkley taking snaps from Morse?  Shouldn't he be taking snaps from the backup center?

You're just making stuff up to make your point.  It is still training camp, and no they are not treating this like a Friday practice in regular season.

Ironic statement.

I can't believe that this part needs to be explained, but here we go:

When you work an injured player back into practice, especially when he hasn't been cleared for full activities, then you get him snaps with the backups.

I honestly have no idea what you're even arguing at this point.

McDermott himself, by the way, said (in his interview today) that the goal with injured players is to try to get them some reps in any format that they can, starting with a walk-through.

That would certainly describe what's happening with Morse.

• Like (+1) 3