Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Guy just signed the richest Center deal in the league with a history of concussions and got one the first practice with pads on.... I'd say that's a big concern. I know, I know. I'm just

being negative and Beanes a wizard.?

Needless to say, the concern here is that he has become so sensitive to concussions based on his past history, that he now is susceptible to getting them very easily.

Either a concussion this quickly for him is some weird aberration and he still has a high tolerance to concussions, or his career is finished b/c he gets them too easily now.

Time will tell us the answer.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

His wife is going to tell him to retire..just like Eric's wife did.

Kids need their dad's.

Kids need their dad's...what?

The suspense is killing me!

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Anyone ever feel bad when a player has a serious injury and all we talk about is how it hurts the team?

If you go to a concert, do you worry if the lead singer has a really bad headache that night and that's why the show isn't that great?

29 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And I don't understand the people who have come to conclusions like he's done, or won't play in many games based on almost no information...

Much like everything with the Bills, we'll know more, when we know more! :beer:

True.  But I can also understand why many Bills fans are very worried.

Mitch Morse was our #1 target in Free Agency, and a HUGE piece of our rebuilding effort.  He's not really a player we can afford to lose.

If he went down with a leg injury and it appeared to be an ACL, everyone in Buffalo would be justifiably freaking out. 

There are people trying to downplay this, because it's "only" a concussion.  But this is 2019.  Not 1999.  Concussions have become the #1 long-term concern for professional football players, and are no longer taken as a joke.

The fact that suffered another one (5th recorded since entering the league) without even making it to padded practice... it really has to make you wonder about how long her can play this sport.

Edited by mjt328
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If you go to a concert, do you worry if the lead singer has a really bad headache that night and that's why the show isn't that great?

A headache won' turn you into old-age Muhammad Ali in 30 years, or worse

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

I’m with you regarding concern for the players welfare, but it is their decision. I care about the person, but he signed up to play the game, and I’m concerned about my team as well. We all know it’s dangerous and you may be trading your future health and lifestyle for money today. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

But it might affect the rest of the band and the performance itself.  You wouldn't be concerned if that was the case though, no?  Even if his bad headache was a hangover form the drugs and booze that might turn him into an old age David Crosby in 30 years, or worse?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

No he won't.  WEO was caught with Robert Krass but thanks for the effort.

No single post has ever captured the complete essence of a particular poster's level of intellect and sophistication as this one right here.

Perfection!

40 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Mitch Morse was our #1 target in Free Agency, and a HUGE piece of our rebuilding effort.  He's not really a player we can afford to lose.

If he went down with a leg injury and it appeared to be an ACL, everyone in Buffalo would be justifiably freaking out. 

There are people trying to downplay this, because it's "only" a concussion.  But this is 2019.  Not 1999.  Concussions have become the #1 long-term concern for professional football players, and are no longer taken as a joke.

The fact that suffered another one (5th recorded since entering the league) without even making it to padded practice... it really has to make you wonder about how long her can play this sport.

Totally with this take. 

All I'm saying is don't overreact either way (He's done! He's fine!), because we just don't know right now.  The good news is, eventually it's all going to play out before our eyes...:beer:

Also, GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But it might affect the rest of the band and the performance itself.  You wouldn't be concerned if that was the case though, no?  Even if his bad headache was a hangover form the drugs and booze that might turn him into an old age David Crosby in 30 years, or worse?

I would be concerned if that Band's drum solo for their biggest hit required the drummer to repeatedly smash himself in the face with a foldable chair.

The drugs and booze may have inspired the songs, but they aren't a requisite of the performance itself. I want the Bills to win. Bad. But on some level, we understand these guys are risking their mental health for our entertainment. The thing that is hurting them is the very same thing that we cheer them on to do. I think this is where your analogy falls short

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Totally with this take. 

All I'm saying is don't overreact either way (He's done! He's fine!), because we just don't know right now.  The good news is, eventually it's all going to play out before our eyes...:beer:

Also, GO BILLS!!

Well said.  If Mitch can't be taking snaps for the 1st preseason game next Thursday then I'll start to worry.

Get better soon Mitch!

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously I wish this would not have happened....and until its actually a problem for us its not a problem.

I do however dont want this to turn into the situation with Cog and Wood......that turned out as a disaster for us last year.

The thing is....I dont think that is happening....to me at worst Morse misses some games due to concussion......and we literally have 3 different guys brought in that can play center for this team.....and it can come from a reserve guard.

Im not worried about this yet.....we are obviously not as strong if a top NFL center misses time....but as long as he doesnt miss the season we should be ok because we biult veteran depth at the position.

9 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Wow!  I know he is good, but based on that history, he warranted to be the highest paid center in the NFL?

That was the head scratcher for me with his history of concussions as well as many others on here I am sure. Top paid money for a guy that has missed a good bit of time and not only that but could be 1-2  concussions away from done definitely hope this is extra caution being used!

Edited by billrooter

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well said.  If Mitch can't be taking snaps for the 1st preseason game next Thursday then I'll start to worry.

Get better soon Mitch!

I could not care less about a preseason game, although they need to build chemistry. It’s not THIS concussion that worries me as much as when the future concussions come. Ugh....

7 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I actually know a therapist that "cures", well, solves concussions, quickly and pretty much permanently. He has worked with many NHL players... and me! Because of legalities, therapists and order in-fighting, he sadly can't be too public, even though he was featured a few years ago in NHL.com, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia newspapers, as well as some Quebec major TV networks. I sure wished the Bills would give him a try! But their own team therapists might see him as a threat, which is dumb, since he does NOT want to be exclusive to a pro team.

Since this was covered by the media, would you happen to have a link to a story.   I am not sure what "solves concussions" means.   I am guessing that does not mean all affects are gone or he isn't subject to problems based on multiple concussions. 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

No link is not good.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/7/31/20748475/mitch-morse-in-leagues-concussion-protocol-at-buffalo-bills-training-camp

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1