Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Nevermind. No big deal. 

The guy you just made the highest paid Center in the league with a history of concussions might've just had another without even a regular season game under his belt as a Bill.??

It is very Billsy, no? 

how about we make it a big deal when they say its a big deal..... you'll just look kinda foolish after all this crap if he comes out and plays all year. but then again I wouldn't expect you to care about that from what I've witnessed in my short time here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Anyone ever feel bad when a player has a serious injury and all we talk about is how it hurts the team?

I think as fans our sympathy for the player is implied, but how it impacts the team is more important to us personally as we are invested in the team and the team's success... not that individual players ability to get back on the field.  Especially a guy who hasn't been here very long.

No one wants him to be hurt, and I think everyone wants whats best for his long term health, but if he walked away tomorrow to retire, we still have  season and we still need to worry about that season. 

For me the only time fans really get invested in injuries and the player is cases like Kevin Everett when it's life and death, and no freaking joke... then people pull together about the player.  But for most injuries its like "Ah *****, hope he's okay... so what are the Bills gonna do to replace him?"  Because the next game is where we need to look...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Concerning to say the least.

I just don't understand how this happened so easily.  In his PC he was talking about all the neurology work he did, yet 1 day into padded practices, he has a concussion already?  How the heck is he going to play in this league?

5 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I just don't understand how this happened so easily.  In his PC he was talking about all the neurology work he did, yet 1 day into padded practices, he has a concussion already?  How the heck is he going to play in this league?

Right, 1 concussion in the first practice.. this sounds like a guy who is done.  I don't understand the people downplaying this.  It's his what 5th concussion?  

In an era where everyone is super sensitive and aware of the consequences this is bad.  I'd be surprised if he plays in many games as a Bill.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Right, 1 concussion in the first practice.. this sounds like a guy who is done.  I don't understand the people downplaying this.  It's his what 5th concussion?  

In an era where everyone is super sensitive and aware of the consequences this is bad.  I'd be surprised if he plays in many games as a Bill.

Baffling to me.

I'll tell you what, no way I'm cutting Bodine.  I liked him last year and thought the Oline took a step back when he was out.  He is a decent player in this league.

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This whole thread is hilariously dramatic. 

Certainly some dramatic over reactions to be sure.

However at minimum, the prevalent concussion history coupled with this current situation increases the probability Bills are back to fielding a line with a back up center instead of an accomplished vet. 

Certainly unfortunate news.  If I’m in Beanes shoes,  it’s costing me some sleep. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

So we should all consider "When or if Gugny is caught in a huge emu sex trafficking scandal he will become the first TBDer to be caught in a huge emu trafficking scandal" a fact? Good to know.

No he won't.  WEO was caught with Robert Krass but thanks for the effort.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He just signed a 40 million dollar contact and probably wants to collect

If he retired he will not see the majority

Depend on whether Jim Overdorf was involved in contract and if not whether team attempts to get portion of signing bonus back.

Just now, Limeaid said:

Depend on whether Jim Overdorf was involved in contract and if not whether team attempts to get portion of signing bonus back.

If he retires, they'll get go after and get the unamortized SB back.

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

And I don't understand the people who have come to conclusions like he's done, or won't play in many games based on almost no information...

Much like everything with the Bills, we'll know more, when we know more! :beer:

4 minutes ago, Heitz said:

And I don't understand the people who have come to conclusions like he's done, or won't play in many games based on almost no information...

Why use rational thought and logic when there's so much EMOTION to be vomited forth?

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

He is one of the most important pieces on offense this year and we just signed him to a 4 year deal... His 1 question mark was the injuries, specifically concussions.  And he goes out in practice #1 and gets a concussion...  that is crazy stuff.

He could be fine and play 16 games this year... but I seriously doubt it.

35 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

That’s the $64,000 question...

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Guy just signed the richest Center deal in the league with a history of concussions and got one the first practice with pads on.... I'd say that's a big concern. I know, I know. I'm just

being negative and Beanes a wizard.?

You're being repetitive, too.