Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

16 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Time for "Next Man UP".  Hopefully this is the last concussion for Morse and he plays the entire season. But if I'm McDermott I'm telling Beane to keep a keen eye out for a starting calibre center.

I don’t think there’s even 32 starting caliber Centers in the League...

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Well first of all, Dawkins is NOT taking reps at guard. He has taken 100% of his reps at LT.

Second of all, trading for a left tackle does not do anything to help the problem of an injured center.

The Cowboys did alright when their C went down last year.

Because the rest of the line was good.

Anyone worried about chemistry or too many changes.....the whole dam line is new. 

Can't bolster center but you can improve the rest.

Some of you can say there is zero need to panic concern sure no panic.

Sorry another concussion for this guy already is absolutely reason to panic especially considering he was our most important UFA signing to a position that was hot garbage last year.  I'll chose to panic.  I'd much rather it be a shoulder or knee where you know---hey, 2-4 weeks he'll be good.  With these you just dont know.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I would say his 4th concussion is a recurring issue

Agreed. 

He looked good doing non contact drills yesterday so hopefully it isn't severe and doesn't linger but def a concern. We need him in those pre season gms getting those reps with Allen

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Sorry another concussion for this guy already is absolutely reason to panic especially considering he was our most important UFA signing to a position that was hot garbage last year.  I'll chose to panic.  

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t think there’s even 32 starting caliber Centers in the League...

Bodine is case and point of this... he was a starter with Cincy and they let him walk, he came here and didn't win the job outright ... we made him the starter then replaced him the next year.

I think with Morse's history with concussions, this means Bodine gets to keep his spot on the roster.  I know he doesn't have the ability to swing to OG like Feliciano or Long, but he's a better center than both of those guys, and you need to be prepared for the eventuality that Morse misses time, whether it be snaps or games, I think it's obvious this dude isn't going to be in every snap...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

The Cowboys did alright when their C went down last year.

Because the rest of the line was good.

Anyone worried about chemistry or too many changes.....the whole dam line is new. 

Can't bolster center but you can improve the rest.

Some of you can say there is zero need to panic concern sure no panic.

Sorry another concussion for this guy already is absolutely reason to panic especially considering he was our most important UFA signing to a position that was hot garbage last year.  I'll chose to panic.  I'd much rather it be a shoulder or knee where you know---hey, 2-4 weeks he'll be good.  With these you just dont know.  

Maybe I’ve missed it, but we don’t even yet know what happened and whether or not this is just the coaching staff’s way of treating him with kid gloves to be more safe than sorry over a big nothing burger? I’d be much more inclined to be in the same mindset as you if this happened during the reg season and we saw him take a crazy bad shot—not saying you’re wrong, just saying maybe we need to pump the brakes a bit until we know more?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Well first of all, Dawkins is NOT taking reps at guard. He has taken 100% of his reps at LT.

Second of all, trading for a left tackle does not do anything to help the problem of an injured center.

Facts are not welcome here!

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Maybe I’ve missed it, but we don’t even yet know what happened and whether or not this is just the coaching staff’s way of treating him with kid gloves to be more safe than sorry over a big nothing burger? I’d be much more inclined to be in the same mindset as you if this happened during the reg season and we saw him take a crazy bad shot—not saying you’re wrong, just saying maybe we need to pump the brakes a bit until we know more?

The fact he's doing conditioning is a good sign.  Tells me its minor perhaps even precautionary.  

But still, already getting one to some degree.....not good.

• Like (+1) 3

Sorry of already posted 

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills center Mitch Morse is in the concussion protocol, head coach Sean McDermott announced Wednesday.

Morse will miss Wednesday's practice.

Morse's concussion was diagnosed Tuesday but occurred during Saturday's practice -- the Bills' first in full pads. Although it occurred Saturday, Morse's symptoms were not immediately discernible.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27294492/bills-high-priced-c-morse-concussion-protocol

Marcel Louis-JacquesESPN

for the twitter peeps 

Makes me appreciate the Spencer Long signing.  I know Feliciano was at C too but I think Long is a great backup.  His bad play at C last year was largely due to a hand injury . 

12 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Bodine is case and point of this... he was a starter with Cincy and they let him walk, he came here and didn't win the job outright ... we made him the starter then replaced him the next year.

I think with Morse's history with concussions, this means Bodine gets to keep his spot on the roster.  I know he doesn't have the ability to swing to OG like Feliciano or Long, but he's a better center than both of those guys, and you need to be prepared for the eventuality that Morse misses time, whether it be snaps or games, I think it's obvious this dude isn't going to be in every snap...

No way Bodine>Long at C