Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

So we're looking at POTENTIALLY for parts of this season having Bodine--Felicano-a rookie on the right side.  

Yup.  I'm trading for Trent Williams today.  Get on the phone with the worst run franchise in sports today.  

I understand Trent has missed games to.  Not to concussions.  And he plays on the worst field in the NFL.  

Trent--Dawkins--Center Roulette--Spain--Ford

That looks much more palatable to me. 

So because you're worried about the health of our center....you want to trade for an offensive tackle, and then move our already-good starting left tackle to guard? 

I...um...huh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Time for "Next Man UP".  Hopefully this is the last concussion for Morse and he plays the entire season. But if I'm McDermott I'm telling Beane to keep a keen eye out for a starting calibre center.

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Speaking of which ...  I had seen this 

17 seasons of ailments: Tom Brady's entire reported injury history and ZERO concussions.

Tom Brady: my concussion history isn't anybody's business

Just don't as Gisele 

During an interview with CBS This Morning in May, Brady's wife, Gisele Bundchen, not only claimed that Brady suffered a concussion last season, but that he has suffered multiple concussions during his career. 

How did Brady suffer a concussion last year?  By slipping on a bath mat?  You're not allowed to hit him while he's playing QB, so couldn't be from that.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

So because you're worried about the health of our center....you want to trade for an offensive tackle, and then move our already-good starting left tackle to guard? 

I...um...huh.

Correct.  Stop acting like Dawkins is an all pro. 

He's taking reps at Guard already.  Because he's not clearly showing he's a franchise LT.  Not that he's not good or can't be.   

You win in this league with good olines and QB play.  I'd do all I can to prepare for more problems with Morse and Centers just can't be replaced so shore up the line as best you can.  

IF Williams is 100%.  

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

dammit.

Careful with these types of repeat posts. They can screw with other posters connections in here. At least I heard that from a mod once. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a major concern.  I remember his concussion history being brought up when this board was discussing Paradis vs. Morse as a FA signing.  

I know the Bills were pretty desperate to sign a C this year in FA, but that desperation may have created a huge blindspot.  That is not only a lucrative deal, but its a long contract they gave Morse.  If he starts missing games, or worse yet suffers another concussion in season, the Bills will be open to a lot of blame.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Spencer Long and Feliciano can both play center.

Think Beane invested 11M per and hedged that bet with two guys on effectively 1 year deals? 

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So we're looking at POTENTIALLY for parts of this season having Bodine--Felicano-a rookie on the right side.  

Yup.  I'm trading for Trent Williams today.  Get on the phone with the worst run franchise in sports today.  

I understand Trent has missed games to.  Not to concussions.  His injuries might have more to do with playing on the worst field in the NFL.  

Trent--Dawkins--Center Roulette--Spain--Ford

That looks much more palatable to me. 

The Trent Williams train derailed before you posted that thread the other day.  It has nothing to do with their situation at center. 

They're not adding that salary for a veteran player with an injury history on a team that's invested high picks in Dawkins, Ford, and UFA dollars for Nsekhe. 

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct.  Stop acting like Dawkins is an all pro. 

He's taking reps at Guard already.  Because he's not clearly showing he's a franchise LT.  Not that he's not good or can't be.   

You win in this league with good olines and QB play.  I'd do all I can to prepare for more problems with Morse and Centers just can't be replaced so shore up the line as best you can.  

IF Williams is 100%.  

Well first of all, Dawkins is NOT taking reps at guard. He has taken 100% of his reps at LT.

Second of all, trading for a left tackle does not do anything to help the problem of an injured center.

• Like (+1) 1