Mitch Morse in concussion protocol

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

dammit.

Your avatar pretty much sums up Mitch Morse

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Only takes one hit.

It's concerning. We do have OL depth finally though.

Center is the only thing that depth doesn't matter b.c they just have a special job. The backup will never be even close to as good. I don't want this team to lose a Center, Josh has yet to play behind a good Center.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but protocol just means concussion symptoms but it's not confirmed?  So this could be a safety precaution?   

Just now, nucci said:

How well?

I would say better than Bodine.  Feliciano took first team reps at center the other day over Bodine.  Not sure his history though.

Long signed a pretty good extension as a center with the Jets a few years ago.  He had a down year but it could have been on him or the mess the Jets were in last year with Bowles.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Spencer Long and Feliciano can both play center.

And Russell Bodine is still on roster.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Long signed a pretty good extension as a center with the Jets a few years ago.  He had a down year but it could have been on him or the mess the Jets were in last year with Bowles.

Long had injured hand.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

His injury history:

• 2015: concussion Week 12, missed one game
  • 2015: concussion Week 17, missed playoffs
  • 2017: foot sprain Week 2, missed 5 games
  • 2017: re-aggravation foot sprain in Week 13, placed on IR, missed 5 games
  • 2018: concussion Week 6, missed 5 games

Wow!  I know he is good, but based on that history, he warranted to be the highest paid center in the NFL?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Center is the only thing that depth doesn't matter b.c they just have a special job. The backup will never be even close to as good. I don't want this team to lose a Center, Josh has yet to play behind a good Center.

We have multiple players that have started. You're not going to have a pro bowler behind the starter but we at least 3 players that can start 3-4 games. 

Hopefully he'll be OK.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but protocol just means concussion symptoms but it's not confirmed?  So this could be a safety precaution?   

Thats my interpretation, he showed signs of a concussion, and is now in protocol being checked with further tests

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Wow!  I know he is good, but based on that history, he warranted to be the highest paid center in the NFL?

He is highest paid center because he is latest big name free agent center available. 

As one poster states "Why shouldn't he get paid? You want owners to keep all the money? It is not like it is coming out of my pocket."

This was the big risk with Morse, can't stay healthy. I hope the guy can get healthy and contribute but I would seriously consider my life outside of football if I was having a recurring concussion issue, especially after signing his big deal.

• Like (+1) 1