The Bills playoff game no one remembers

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This games pales in least remembered Bills playoff games to our 1st playoff game, December 28, 1963 in WMS. Bills won on the last week of the Regular Season to force the 1st ever AFL playoff game vs. Boston. Babe Parilli scorched us and won going away 26-8. But we’d come back the next year and play in 3 straight Championship Games, winning 2.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/196312280buf.htm

And if they had won the third, the Bills would've played in Super Bowl I. 

Moulds was a freakish physical presence at WR and Flutie was on top of the league. That team had won 10 of 13 going into the wildcard game and would have mauled Miami if the game had been in Buffalo.

I was a teenager when that game was played and my buddy and I had tickets to see Syracuse basketball at the Carrier Dome, not knowing there would be a conflict. We got to the Dome before tipoff and found the game on in a luxury box. We stood outside the box looking up through the glass window at the TV, losing our minds at the drama in the final minutes. When Flutie fumbled we turned around and there were about 200 people behind us. The SU game was about to tip but everyone had their backs to the court.

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

January 2, 1999. Pro Player Stadium, Miami. The last remnants of the Super Bowl Bills. (Bruce, Reed, Thurman) Robbed of a home playoff game by the Patriots "Just give it to em" game weeks before. Hosed by several bad calls, Reed thrown out of the game for bumping an official, likely costing the Bills the tying touchdown. Recovering an onside kick only to fumble with 10 seconds to go, only a few yards from that tying score.

Yet when taking about Buffalo's misfortunes, this game is never brought up. Homerun Forward Lateral, No Goal, Wide Right, all live in infamy. This game? No one remembers. The Bills have lost at least 4 playoff games in the final seconds.

Promo, I also believe that if you factor in the Jets "phantom" TD in a game where what's his face never crossed the goal line that the Bills might have been able to win the Division:

Final Standings:

Jets   12-4

Phins 10-6

Bills    10-6

Should have been:

Bills     11-5  (8-4 in the AFC)

Jets     11-5

Phins   10-6

EDIT:  I take that back.  We would have finished second I believe due to the Jets sweeping the Bills, even if the Jets had that additional loss.

THis game was same weekend of SU-UF orange bowl game and my brother and I were listening to it on the Miami broadcast-so certainly not Buffalo homers-and when Reed was given the running into the official call the miami announcers were stating it was bogus call and that basically the official ran into Reed. NFL officials somoetimes think they the fans are there to see them and this was just such a call. 

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

January 2, 1999. Pro Player Stadium, Miami. The last remnants of the Super Bowl Bills. (Bruce, Reed, Thurman) Robbed of a home playoff game by the Patriots "Just give it to em" game weeks before. Hosed by several bad calls, Reed thrown out of the game for bumping an official, likely costing the Bills the tying touchdown. Recovering an onside kick only to fumble with 10 seconds to go, only a few yards from that tying score.

Yet when taking about Buffalo's misfortunes, this game is never brought up. Homerun Forward Lateral, No Goal, Wide Right, all live in infamy. This game? No one remembers. The Bills have lost at least 4 playoff games in the final seconds.

It was Eric Moulds who fumbled I believe.  Why did you have to remind me.???

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It was Eric Moulds who fumbled I believe.  Why did you have to remind me.???

Flutie also fumbled at the end of the game. And Reed got tossed for bumping a ref (barely) after saying he was down short of the goal line. What did Ralph WIlson do to piss off the league in 1998?