Morse's Code: Bills new center takes calming approach to job - by JOHN WAWROW

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/morses-code-bills-center-takes-calming-approach-job-224404226--nfl.html

Mitch Morse is so level-headed the new starting center for the Buffalo Bills recounted how he was usually the one lineman asked to address the media after losses during his previous four seasons in Kansas City.

It's not exactly a point of pride for Morse, because he hates losing. And it's not to suggest he was attempting to seek out the spotlight.

Morse instead brought up his past role after being complimented on his ability to put people at ease.

''It's part of the gig, man. Losses are tough in this league. You're so emotionally driven that it's easy to lose your composure. And you guys have a job to do, right?'' he said, referring to the media. ''I've always been able to keep kind of a level head. ... It's just something I've been able to do.''

It's a leadership quality the Bills took into account in making Morse the centerpiece of their offseason plans to overhaul what had been a patchwork offensive line........

(I don't think this is a duplicate) 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/morses-code-bills-center-takes-calming-approach-job-224404226--nfl.html

Mitch Morse is so level-headed the new starting center for the Buffalo Bills recounted how he was usually the one lineman asked to address the media after losses during his previous four seasons in Kansas City.

It's not exactly a point of pride for Morse, because he hates losing. And it's not to suggest he was attempting to seek out the spotlight.

Morse instead brought up his past role after being complimented on his ability to put people at ease.

''It's part of the gig, man. Losses are tough in this league. You're so emotionally driven that it's easy to lose your composure. And you guys have a job to do, right?'' he said, referring to the media. ''I've always been able to keep kind of a level head. ... It's just something I've been able to do.''

It's a leadership quality the Bills took into account in making Morse the centerpiece of their offseason plans to overhaul what had been a patchwork offensive line........

(I don't think this is a duplicate) 

He’s one of the more thoughtful interviews I’ve heard in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, scribo said:

He is the absolute perfect pairing with Allen.

He really is, because Josh gets pretty fired up and it will be great to have that balance in the huddle and on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

I have no doubt that a lot of his maturity on and off the field stem from his home life growing up with a special needs brother after that horrific accident covered in a separate thread about Morse's background, and being able to put the daily grind of life in perspective as a result. Wish him all the best going forward, and that the Bills benefit tangibly from having him as our line anchor! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

the concussion happened on the First day in pads. 

This came after (I believe)  

Well then, maybe the writing of the article is what did the jinxing lol.  If so, some top quality Voodoo that Wawrow guy has!

Edited by AllensBigBalls
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nice story John. 

I really like Mitch Morse so far. I knew before he signed here that I liked his play on the field, but I had no idea what type of person he is off the field. 

Loved this quote - 

''I have a few rules in life, and one's don't take yourself too seriously. It's always easier to be nice to someone than to be mean. And the classic one is the Golden Rule,'' he said. ''If you follow those three religiously, it works itself out. You're a person people want to be around.''

My grandmother was very big on rules #2 and 3. It’s something she (and my parents) drilled into my head at a young age. My dad had that “golden rule”  taped to our refrigerator for much of my childhood. lol. They took great pride in living by those 2 rules and now that I am older it’s something I really take pride in myself.