McCoy pays Philly off-duty officer 55k from 2016 bar fight

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the NFL concluded its investigation into the incident last year with no suspension considered apporpriate. I believe they can re-open if new evidence comes to light so I suppose it depends if anything comes out of this that the NFL didn't have at hand when it originally investigated. 

Considering that in 2016, the officers filed a civil lawsuit against McCoy alleging "Our investigation has confirmed that [officers] Darnell Jessie and Roland Butler were viciously attacked and beaten by LeSean McCoy and the additional defendants. As a result of the violent assault, both men have suffered serious and permanent injuries," said Fortunato N. Perri Jr., the attorney for the police officers involved in the fight."

....agreeing to arbitration, and then the arbitrator awarding a relatively minor sum which is probably close to medical expenses and some lost wages - is about as close as you can come to saying "nothing new to see here, Move Along"

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Considering that in 2016, the officers filed a civil lawsuit against McCoy alleging "Our investigation has confirmed that [officers] Darnell Jessie and Roland Butler were viciously attacked and beaten by LeSean McCoy and the additional defendants. As a result of the violent assault, both men have suffered serious and permanent injuries," said Fortunato N. Perri Jr., the attorney for the police officers involved in the fight."

....agreeing to arbitration, and then the arbitrator awarding a relatively minor sum which is probably close to medical expenses and some lost wages - is about as close as you can come to saying "nothing new to see here, Move Along"

Yup.  Hope the arbitrator enjoys the bottle service tonight...

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Get off his beat!

Wouldn't wanna get billy-clubbed and thrown in the paddywagon.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don’t think he’s actually on patrol. I think he’s lounging by the pool, enjoying a strawberry pina colada and all but emailing it in. 

With a box of donuts? or without?

6 hours ago, Steve O said:

Not only that, still can't figure out how a police officer can afford, what was it, $300 or $400 a bottle champagne...

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s called overtime. You’d be surprised. 

It's called being a dirty cop. You'd be surprised.