McCoy pays Philly off-duty officer 55k from 2016 bar fight

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, I saw that this morning also.  Do we think there is any concern about a suspension given the fact Shady was found to have "contributed" to the incident?

I think the NFL concluded its investigation into the incident last year with no suspension considered apporpriate. I believe they can re-open if new evidence comes to light so I suppose it depends if anything comes out of this that the NFL didn't have at hand when it originally investigated. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the NFL concluded its investigation into the incident last year with no suspension considered apporpriate. I believe they can re-open if new evidence comes to light so I suppose it depends if anything comes out of this that the NFL didn't have at hand when it originally investigated. 

Oh well, at least this year the Bills have some insurance at the position if anything comes of it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, I saw that this morning also.  Do we think there is any concern about a suspension given the fact Shady was found to have "contributed" to the incident?

I doubt it.  The NFL has already "closed" this case. 

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

People making money off the rich.

Well.  It is kind of hard getting rich off of the poor 

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

People making money off the rich.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Starts a fight, loses the fight, sues. The American way 

"The ruling stated that the actions of McCoy and Porter “served as [an] unreasonable response to the initial encounter” with Butler and fellow officer Darnell Jessie. Butler ended up on the ground after a dispute over a bottle of champagne and he was kicked and punched multiple times, resulting in a broken nose, lacerations, broken ribs, a broken thumb and contusions."

"Shady" got off easy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well.  It is kind of hard getting rich off of the poor 

Unless you're a drug cartel, or the tobacco industry, or Wal-Mart, or Amazon ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The ruling stated that the actions of McCoy and Porter “served as [an] unreasonable response to the initial encounter” with Butler and fellow officer Darnell Jessie. Butler ended up on the ground after a dispute over a bottle of champagne and he was kicked and punched multiple times, resulting in a broken nose, lacerations, broken ribs, a broken thumb and contusions."

"Shady" got off easy.

Indeed. 

Guy's on the ground, fight's over.  Dust yourselves off and go your way if you can't shake hands.

• Like (+1) 1