Do you like joint practices in TC?

Joint TC practice week with Panthers   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like when Bills have joint practices in TC?

Bills will travel to Spartanburg, SC for a week of practice vs the Carolina Panthers - the week of 8/10. Its been a few years since the Bills held joint practices. I believe the last one was the Browns at SJF in 2015. They also went to Latrobe in 2014 to practice against the Steelers. It’s pretty common around the league, but I’m not a huge fan of it.

im sure the players are eager to practice against guys who aren’t their teammates.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For whatever reason I’m more on edge about injuries when they are scrimmaging other teams 

This is sort of how I feel. It just is chippier. In the offseason the main concern is getting to the season healthy. Those practices scare me because the other team doesn’t necessarily have the health of the guy across from them as a top priority. They are trying to compete. When it is your team you are always careful about how hard you hit someone or you might pull up. It’s just a slightly different mentality.

18 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

I dont enjoy it but mostly for selfish reasons when they are away for it.

Given the fact that I live in the Spartanburg area I support it 100%.?

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

For whatever reason I’m more on edge about injuries when they are scrimmaging other teams 

Our practice was pretty chippy today.

I agree about the injuries, but I like they can really go live and get a feel for who’s going to be there on September 8th.  For example is Ed ready day 1. And it’s always good to beat up some other guys. Coach McDermott and Ron Rivera have a good relationship where both organizations will get some beneficial experience from the scrimmages!!!

I don't, really. At least with your own team you know guys don't want to injure each other. There's more restraint I'm sure. But against another team they don't have that restraint.

That's partly why it's valuable, because it increases intensity and competition. But the higher the intensity and competition, the more risk for injury. So if we increase that risk I'd rather it count for something.

But coaches know that and they still think it's valuable. And they get paid the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes and No 

i think its good for them to practice vs a different person and see maybe weaknesses they have that someone else could expose

but worried about injuries 

This is about where I am.  I think joint practices are better preparation for the season (and could take the place of one or two preseason games) but I'm worried about injuries because of more intense activity.

• Like (+1) 1

If the scrimmage becomes the norm for a team the players would be warned to get in shape before TC. It's still safer then a preseason game. The coaches on both teams can better control a scrimmage. 

• Like (+1) 1

Absolutely. During camp when your QB makes a great play, the negative side of me goes, "our defense is terrible!" and likewise, if the defense makes a nice interception, the narrative is, "Our QB just throws interceptions!"... It'll be nice to see them against another team, for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Me too.  You have a lot of guys going all out fighting for a job, possibly doing so against your teams' starters, potentially doing stupid stuff like cut blocks etc.