Gruden hearts Peterman

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

At the risk of using the joke too often, Davis and Gruden are only a half step ahead of Lenny and Squiggy.

This is the absolute best description of the situation of the Raiders regime EVER!!!!

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

McDermott and Gruden both disagreed with your judgment on this particular player that you loathe. I believe that there is a backup role for him in this league. Apparently some coaches in the profession also believe so. Let's wait and see how this plays out. 

So?  I would be impressed if Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll or Frank Reich or Doug Peterman or Sean McVay thought Peterman had enough upside to sign him even as just a camp arm but neither McDermott nor Gruden have demonstrated that he can identify a good QB when he sees one -- or figure out that a QB is a waste of a roster spot before sacrificing  multiple opportunities to win games because of his terrible play.

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

Yeah I do. Don’t worry about it. You’re obviously not smart enough to understand things unless they’re explicit. 

Well, why don't you humor me and spell it out then?  Because to the uninformed reader it looks like you're just trying to belittle other Bills fans.

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

Yeah Gruden looks bad saying this but how many of you were predicting playoffs before last season knowing Peterman was the starter?

There have only been 7 Bills games since Beane and McDermott allowed Nathan Peterman to start (again) for this team by the way.

no one?  all i remember is that people were saying this could be the worst team recent bills memory, and that we'd be lucky to win 4 games.  don't get me wrong...there's always someone that calls for the playoffs, but there wasn't exactly a playoff vibe this time last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, JohnC said:

A determination can't be made until the story is finished. He's still in the league vying for a role on a team. I have no interest in proving myself right or wrong. What I have been saying is let this saga play out and the outcome will speak for itself. 

You don't need to hyperventilate on this particular player. There are plenty of other mediocre talents in this league to draw your scrutiny. Just let this particular object of your haranguing go! :)

Everything I’ve said on the topic has been accurate.  The story has been written. I don’t know why you are so determined to let this thing continue to play out? I don’t care what “the coaches see” they are wrong.

While I feel a bit vindicated that time has proven me right I don’t take joy in the worst QB ever taking opening day reps for my favorite team. I’m beyond thrilled that the Bills gave up on that scrub even if it was well after they should have. They embarrassed him and us, as fans of the team. 

Again, if you want me to drop the subject all that you have to do is admit that I’m right about Peterman and have been the entire time. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everything I’ve said on the topic has been accurate. The story has been written. I don’t know why you are so determined to let this thing continue to play out? I don’t care what “the coaches see” they are wrong.

While I feel a bit vindicated that time has proven me right I don’t take joy in the worst QB ever taking opening day reps for my favorite team. I’m beyond thrilled that the Bills gave up on that scrub even if it was well after they should have. They embarrassed him and us, as fans of the team. 

Again, if you want me to drop the subject all that you have to do is admit that I’m right about Peterman and have been the entire time. 

A fifth round drafted qb struggled when he rather got thrown into the fray. It's not surprising that he struggled. Because of his difficulties I'm not going to forever write him off. If you want to that is fine. While you have closed the book on him and written him off I have not done so, at least not in such an absolutist way. He's still in the league battling for a job as a backup qb. I'm going to allow him the opportunity to show whether he has the ability to earn a roster spot as a backup. If he doesn't make it then so be it.

I just don't understand your (and others) hostile fixation on him and chortling toward him. My position is let the process run its course. The outcome will be the outcome and speak for itself. The issue of being proven right or wrong is not the issue.   

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everything I’ve said on the topic has been accurate.  The story has been written. I don’t know why you are so determined to let this thing continue to play out? I don’t care what “the coaches see” they are wrong.

@Kirby Jackson, you say you already feel vindicated, so what's the point of 'forcing' other members here to tell you first that you are the smartest guy in the room about Peterman, including over the heads of coaches in the NFL, in order to stop with the constant drumbeat? @JohnC would simply like to let it ride until NP's retirement papers have been filed with the league office, such that there is still a chapter left to be written. What's so bad about that? In fact, if you're right, any additional appearances by NP on the field will only solidify your predictive bona fides, no? 

The point is, I've observed your many good/great contributions to this forum, and those should stand on their own merit, no need to jackhammer the past about NP in Buffalo, an additional 6 feet under the 6 it's already buried in, just because JohnC doesn't want to say "uncle." You're better than that.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

Yeah Gruden looks bad saying this but how many of you were predicting playoffs before last season knowing Peterman was the starter?

There have only been 7 Bills games since Beane and McDermott allowed Nathan Peterman to start (again) for this team by the way.

Were there actually people predicting playoffs last year? It didn’t matter who was starting at QB, anyone with eyes could see that offensive line was going to struggle. 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@Kirby Jackson, you say you already feel vindicated, so what's the point of 'forcing' other members here to tell you first that you are the smartest guy in the room about Peterman, including over the heads of coaches in the NFL, in order to stop with the constant drumbeat? @JohnC would simply like to let it ride until NP's retirement papers have been filed with the league office, such that there is still a chapter left to be written. What's so bad about that? In fact, if you're right, any additional appearances by NP on the field will only solidify your predictive bona fides, no? 

The point is, I've observed your many good/great contributions to this forum, and those should stand on their own merit, no need to jackhammer the past about NP in Buffalo, an additional 6 feet under the 6 it's already buried in, just because JohnC doesn't want to say "uncle." You're better than that.   

John and I always have a fun back-and-forth. He’s one of my favorite posters here and a fellow Canisius guy. There are no hard feelings on this end.

I lost $50 to someone on here when NP started week 1 on here last year. It hasn’t left a bad taste in my mouth. The guy couldn’t make it through halftime!! 

Look, I really don’t care what happens to Peterman but I take great exception to those that cheer for him to get another chance. It drives me nuts because no one ever had such strong feelings about other scrubs. There wasn’t a candlelight vigil for Levi Brown when he inevitably faded out.

(GOT Spoiler) I guess that I like to look at myself as  Khaleesi in the final episode. It isn’t enough to overthrow Peterman and his supporters. There is a need to destroy everyone that believe he was an option :) and burn Peterman’s Landing to the ground.giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d41adc24b4f4b556f

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

John and I always have a fun back-and-forth. He’s one of my favorite posters here and a fellow Canisius guy. There are no hard feelings on this end.

I lost $50 to someone on here when NP started week 1 on here last year. It hasn’t left a bad taste in my mouth. The guy couldn’t make it through halftime!! 

Look, I really don’t care what happens to Peterman but I take great exception to those that cheer for him to get another chance. It drives me nuts because no one ever had such strong feelings about other scrubs. There wasn’t a candlelight vigil for Levi Brown when he inevitably faded out.

(GOT Spoiler) I guess that I like to look at myself as  Khaleesi in the final episode. It isn’t enough to overthrow Peterman. There is a need to destroy everyone that believe he was an option :)

Fair enough--and thanks for clarifying! 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

A fifth round drafted qb struggled when he rather got thrown into the fray. It's not surprising that he struggled. Because of his difficulties I'm not going to forever write him off. If you want to that is fine. While you have closed the book on him and written him off I have not done so, at least not in such an absolutist way. He's still in the league battling for a job as a backup qb. I'm going to allow him the opportunity to show whether he has the ability to earn a roster spot as a backup. If he doesn't make it then so be it.

I just don't understand your (and others) hostile fixation on him and chortling toward him. My position is let the process run its course. The outcome will be the outcome and speak for itself. The issue of being proven right or wrong is not the issue.   

Struggled would be Jeff Tuel who,, by the way, threw for over 200 yards in his one and only start. Peterman would have had a higher passer rating if the chargers were the offensive players. He was beyond horrible. It was a joke that he got another chance. If Allen hadnt played so poorly against the Bengals in the preseason last year he would have been the opening day stater 

There is no hostile fixation on Peterman. Good for him if he keeps getting work. But he does not deserve the opportunity. He got 4 starts and he has a 1:4 TD to INT ratio and averages 4.2 yards per attempt. That is horrendously bad. Why should he get a shot? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

(GOT Spoiler) I guess that I like to look at myself as  Khaleesi in the final episode. It isn’t enough to overthrow Peterman and his supporters. There is a need to destroy everyone that believe he was an option :) and burn Peterman’s Landing to the ground.giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d41adc24b4f4b556f

I have never considered our sparring in a hostile way. It's the opposite of that. Although the Orleans gumbo might have turned you into a hardhead that doesn't mean that I should stop trying to penetrate that impermeable wall. From my perspective the Peterman issue will play out and resolve itself, so I am not troubled by it. It seems that Gruden is more enamored with him than most. So the vilified qb should have no complaints about being afforded an extended opportunity.  

side note: If you go to the Gogriffs.com basketball website you will notice that Witherspoon is relying more on JUCO and graduate transfers to make up for the players who are prematurely leaving. When you have a tool box it would be foolish not to use all the tools at your disposal. 

• Like (+1) 2