Gruden hearts Peterman

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

He has every right to compete for a job just like everyone else. You may not believe it but he will be judged on his performance. If it is good enough he will make the roster. If it is not good enough he will not make the roster. Stop haranguing him. 

Ej has every right to compete too. You and I have a right to compete too. Someone has to give us an opportunity though. If he makes the team, great, I’m glad that he will be in the AFC. I just don’t want to hear “poor Nate” when he inevitably fails. 

I hope to one day work in a place where I can get paid $500K a year to be worse at my job than anyone that has ever done it.

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're just jerking our chain, right?

I had a crush on Betty Rubble. (Cartoon, not Rosie O'Donnell)

I said "not probable".  Not likely but not impossible to be better (which is not a high standard).  Do you think someone who calls him P5t5rman is a supporter?  And the coaching staff should have taken part of the blame not just the OC who wanted QB replaced because he did not play as he schemed it out but coach McD for listening to him.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ej has every right to compete too. You and I have a right to compete too. Someone has to give us an opportunity though. If he makes the team, great, I’m glad that he will be in the AFC. I just don’t want to hear “poor Nate” when he inevitably fails. 

I hope to one day work in a place where I can get paid $500K a year  be worse at my job than anyone that has ever done it.

I haven't heard the "poor Nate" talk coming from anywhere. I don't know where that notion is coming from or what it is based on. He is going to compete for a roster spot. The coaches are going to judge him on his performance and then make a judgment. You act as if there is a conspiracy to keep him in the league. That's a ludicrous position to maintain. The Raider roster will be worked out as it will be for every team in the league. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I haven't heard the "poor Nate" talk coming from anywhere. I don't know where that notion is coming from or what it is based on. He is going to compete for a roster spot. The coaches are going to judge him on his performance and then make a judgment. You act as if there is a conspiracy to keep him in the league. That's a ludicrous position to maintain. The Raider roster will be worked out as it will be for every team in the league. 

Not coming from you but that has been a popular sentiment around here. “I hope Nate gets one more shot to prove ‘em all wrong.” I really don’t care (at all) what happens with the guy as long as he isn’t in a Bills uniform. I guess that if I had one wish, it would be that he signed with New England :). If he makes the team, fine. If he gets cut, fine. It really doesn’t matter. He stinks either way. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not coming from you but that has been a popular sentiment around here. “I hope Nate gets one more shot to prove ‘em all wrong.” I really don’t care (at all) what happens with the guy as long as he isn’t in a Bills uniform. I guess that if I had one wish, it would be that he signed with New England :). If he makes the team, fine. If he gets cut, fine. It really doesn’t matter. He stinks either way. 

Kirby, Just let it go. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah Gruden looks bad saying this but how many of you were predicting playoffs before last season knowing Peterman was the starter?

There have only been 7 Bills games since Beane and McDermott allowed Nathan Peterman to start (again) for this team by the way.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You're dead on about every single thing you've said about Peterman.  I hope at some point you laugh at the stupidity of human stubbornness in the face of reality rather than getting annoyed by it.

5 hours ago, Chemical said:

Yeah Gruden looks bad saying this but how many of you were predicting playoffs before last season knowing Peterman was the starter?

There have only been 7 Bills games since Beane and McDermott allowed Nathan Peterman to start (again) for this team by the way.

Do you have a point or are you just rambling?

8 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I didn't go through the whole thread, so apologies if this was already covered, but, this is just Gruden's usual head games.  It was even predicted by this year's why your team sucks last week.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-oakland-raiders-1836667319

These aren't Grudens "Usual head games" he is just a head case.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you say that I was right about Peterman and have been right the entire time I’ll drop it. 

A determination can't be made until the story is finished. He's still in the league vying for a role on a team. I have no interest in proving myself right or wrong. What I have been saying is let this saga play out and the outcome will speak for itself. 

You don't need to hyperventilate on this particular player. There are plenty of other mediocre talents in this league to draw your scrutiny. Just let this particular object of your haranguing go! :)

He had a couple of catastrophe games, but it's such a small sample size, for such an inexperienced QB, in such a dreadful offense. I really don't think it's fair to conclude that he sucks forever. People love to hate.