Gruden hearts Peterman

5 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Quickly seek some medical/psychiatric attention.  Also Do Not put him in a real game.

I have too many inappropriate comments here to list.

but here is one

Gruden is married right ?

lol

wish chuckles and Pete all the best

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

When I was a kid, I had a really hard time watching Gilligan's Island. My problem was that I was too empathetic. Every time I would see Gilligan start to screw up, I would get an almost physical reaction. I would see him lined up to do something really stupid, or inept, and it would make me squirm. I hated watching that show, but I couldn't tear my eyes away. Nate Peterman.

excellent analogy.
Thanks goodness for   The  Professor and the Movie Star     here on Gilligan's Isle ! ba dum dum

and now i am singing the theme song

nice work Rocky  

: )

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t care if he’s on someone else’s roster. I just know that he stinks and damaged my favorite team. Fortunately, they walked away (well after they should have). I don’t care what happens to him but I do think that it’s BS that he keeps getting chances that more deserving players don’t. It bothers me that people still defend him.

I don’t remember anyone that wanted Brohm, Hamdan, Brown or every other scrub QB to get another chance so badly. It’s such a “Billsy” mentality in a lot of ways. We always love the lovable underdog and resent the blue chippers. It is the oddest insecurity complex and Peterman, in many ways, was the poster boy for it. There were people that LEGITIMATELY wanted that guy to start. Give me stars and wins. It doesn’t matter if a guy was an undrafted FA out of NW Central Idaho State that bagged groceries or if he was the top recruit in the country that started at Alabama. I don’t gravitate towards one vs. the other because one feels more “Buffalo.” Maybe it is just me but the whole “lunch pail” mentality doesn’t matter. The ONLY thing that matters to me in player evaluation is “does this guy improve the Bills chances of winning?” In the case of Nathan Peterman, that answer was unequivocally no.

Lunch pail does not go well with wine and cheese.

And the only way he improves ANY team is by giving their DBs practice and catching interceptions.

I do not support him being on any roster but if he is I assume the coach, however self deluded, believes he has characteristics which are correctable making him worthy of a roster spot. That coach has a job and any coach who is still willing to work is more qualified for evaluation than anyone who watches film from home.

And no it is not "Billsy" - that is a term for those who like kicking the Bills when they are down.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It is possible (not probable) the P5t5rman is better QB than he showed in Buffalo and with better QB coach, better OL and better scheme (all which were not good in Buffalo) he will look better. 

You're just jerking our chain, right?

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So 3/12 were you a Marsha guy, or Ginger.  I was Marsha.

I had a crush on Betty Rubble. (Cartoon, not Rosie O'Donnell)

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t care if he’s on someone else’s roster. I just know that he stinks and damaged my favorite team. Fortunately, they walked away (well after they should have). I don’t care what happens to him but I do think that it’s BS that he keeps getting chances that more deserving players don’t. It bothers me that people still defend him.

I don’t remember anyone that wanted Brohm, Hamdan, Brown or every other scrub QB to get another chance so badly. It’s such a “Billsy” mentality in a lot of ways. We always love the lovable underdog and resent the blue chippers. It is the oddest insecurity complex and Peterman, in many ways, was the poster boy for it. There were people that LEGITIMATELY wanted that guy to start. Give me stars and wins. It doesn’t matter if a guy was an undrafted FA out of NW Central Idaho State that bagged groceries or if he was the top recruit in the country that started at Alabama. I don’t gravitate towards one vs. the other because one feels more “Buffalo.” Maybe it is just me but the whole “lunch pail” mentality doesn’t matter. The ONLY thing that matters to me in player evaluation is “does this guy improve the Bills chances of winning?” In the case of Nathan Peterman, that answer was unequivocally no.

Simple story. He is competing for a job. If he earns a position then he earns a position. If he doesn't earn a position then he doesn't earn a position. I don't understand why that would bother you so much? We don't need to continue going around in circles on this issue. It will play out one way or another. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're just jerking our chain, right?

I had a crush on Betty Rubble. (Cartoon, not Rosie O'Donnell)

Now that’s funny.  When I was in college I was given the nickname Bam Bam, and when I met my wife, turns out her college nickname was Pebbles.  It’s all about the Flinstones.  Great watching when I was a little kid.

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think you mean Mary Ann unless you are talking about Br*dy.

Oh and Mary Ann was definitely better.

Wow, memory is fading, although I did love Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.   Thanks for keeping me straight Limeaid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Lunch pail does not go well with wine and cheese.

And the only way he improves ANY team is by giving their DBs practice and catching interceptions.

I do not support him being on any roster but if he is I assume the coach, however self deluded, believes he has characteristics which are correctable making him worthy of a roster spot. That coach has a job and any coach who is still willing to work is more qualified for evaluation than anyone who watches film from home.

And no it is not "Billsy" - that is a term for those who like kicking the Bills when they are down.

Gruden will be wrong and that’s fine. We have nothing to lose when the guy fails. When McDermott thought playing him was a good idea, I had an issue. It turns out, despite his qualifications, many of us were right and he was wrong. 

Maybe “Billsy” isn’t the perfect term for what I was getting at but we all know that insecure Buffalo mentality. We don’t see it quite as much since the Pegula’s took over but we still see it. This underlying fear that “we aren’t good enough to have what everyone else has so we cling to the next tier to justify our place.” We love a guy like Fred Jackson (and he’s one of my favorites) but let’s not kid ourselves, he’s not Zeke. We love the hard-working overachievers. We put Phil Hansen on the Wall of Fame but not Cornelius Bennett. That’s just craziness to me. The ONLY thing that I care about is “who helps the Bills the most?” 

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Simple story. He is competing for a job. If he earns a position then he earns a position. If he doesn't earn a position then he doesn't earn a position. I don't understand why that would bother you so much? We don't need to continue going around in circles on this issue. It will play out one way or another. 

It doesn’t bother me. It bothers me that people keep a soft spot for him. He’s collecting an NFL paycheck while doing the job worse than anyone ever. If he keeps getting paid good for him. It makes no difference to me. It’s the pity that he gets that rubs me the wrong way. He has made $1,046,169 to play like he has. He will make another $645,000 if he makes the team this year. There is no reason to feel sorry for him. If I could make $500,000 a year, to be worse at my job than any else ever, sign me up. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Gruden will be wrong and that’s fine. We have nothing to lose when the guy fails. When McDermott thought playing him was a good idea, I had an issue. It turns out, despite his qualifications, many of us were right and he was wrong. 

Maybe “Billsy” isn’t the perfect term for what I was getting at but we all know that insecure Buffalo mentality. We don’t see it quite as much since the Pegula’s took over but we still see it. This underlying fear that “we aren’t good enough to have what everyone else has so we cling to the next tier to justify our place.” We love Guyana like Fred Jackson (and he’s one of my favorites) but let’s not kid ourselves, he’s not Zeke. We love the hard-working overachievers. We put Phil Hansen on the Wall of Fame but not Cornelius Bennett. That’s just craziness to me. The ONLY thing that I care about is “who helps the Bills the most?” 

It doesn’t bother me. It bothers me that people keep a soft spot for him. He’s collecting an NFL paycheck while doing the job worse than anyone ever. If he keeps getting paid good for him. It makes no difference to me. It’s the pity that he gets that rubs me the wrong way. He has made $1,046,169 to play like he has. He will make another $645,000 if he makes the team this year. There is no reason to feel sorry for him. If I could make $500,000 a year, to be worse at my job than any else ever, sign me up. 

He has every right to compete for a job just like everyone else. You may not believe it but he will be judged on his performance. If it is good enough he will make the roster. If it is not good enough he will not make the roster. Stop haranguing him. 

56 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think you mean Mary Ann unless you are talking about Br*dy.

Oh and Mary Ann was definitely better.

Mary Anne over Ginger by a mile. Ellie May over Mary Anne; Samantha Stevens over Ellie May (ya know... if she weren't married), and Jeannie, without question, number #1.