Gruden hearts Peterman

1 minute ago, eball said:

I'm not a fan of "good guys who can't play" taking roster spots away from guys who might be able to play.

Peterman has been historically bad in games that matter.  It's irrelevant that he's a "cool person."

I don’t think you understood me.  I’m saying that I am pulling for him to GET BETTER because he’s regarded as a great person.  

I’m not saying his character warrants a roster spot.

A fan hoping for an underdog to overcome adversity....that never happens in sports, does it?

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Seems that Monkey's Paw Peterman made a wish with to be a record setting QB isn't quite done with him, he'll find his way back out on the field in the regular season once more.

I hope he does and that makes the best of the opportunity 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m gonna grab my popcorn and watch the worst QB controversy to ever exist unfold before our eyes lmao.  

Inject this scenario straight into my veins.

• Haha (+1) 1

If he earns the right to play based on outperforming the competition in camp, well, then the fates have conspired to let him try his luck again in a real game. If he learns not to throw the out pass, and sticks with quick slants near the LOS, Gruden may just walk away with an even bigger ego for having 'solved' the NP Rubik's Cube. If nothing else, this will be compelling TV to watch unfold, imho.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Late round picks should not be starting at QB. Not with a terrible offensive line and no receivers or running game. He really never had a chance.

Also, it sounds like Allen benefited a bunch from Anderson and Barkley, and if you look at the room when Peterman was here, there wasn't anyone really that could provide that mentorship.

None of that takes away from his awful stats, but it does offer an opportunity for improvement.

• Like (+1) 7

25 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

WTH does a genuinely good guy have to do with cheering for a historically bad football player? Check the record book. The book on his complete passing Arsenal is in every teams book. 

Don't get me wrong, I’m rooting for Chuckie to be snowed too.

Peterman is never going to be a starter. His limitations are obvious mostly because of his arm strength. That doesn't mean that he can't play in this league as a useful backup. Kirby and Gunner go crazy when I say it but it wouldn't be surprising to me that he has financially enriching career as a backup. I hope he survives and prove the mocking critics wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm not a fan of "good guys who can't play" taking roster spots away from guys who might be able to play.

Peterman has been historically bad in games that matter.  It's irrelevant that he's a "cool person."

This x 1,000. Nate has stolen enough money from NFL teams that other people were more deserving of. I wish him the best in life but he does not deserve an NFL paycheck. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Late round picks should not be starting at QB. Not with a terrible offensive line and no receivers or running game. He really never had a chance.

Also, it sounds like Allen benefited a bunch from Anderson and Barkley, and if you look at the room when Peterman was here, there wasn't anyone really that could provide that mentorship.

None of that takes away from his awful stats, but it does offer an opportunity for improvement.

That's going to be an unpopular take around here. However, it is thoughtful and well-reasoned nonetheless. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

Peterman is never going to be a starter. His limitations are obvious mostly because of his arm strength. That doesn't mean that he can't play in this league as a useful backup. Kirby and Gunner go crazy when I say it but it wouldn't be surprising to me that he has financially enriching career as a backup. I hope he survives and prove the mocking critics wrong. 

He’s historically the worst ever. By definition, it would literally be LESS SURPRISING if any other QB in history had success as a backup over him. It would be beyond shocking. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s historically the worst ever. By definition, it would literally be LESS SURPRISING if any other QB in history had success as a backup over him. It would be beyond shocking. 

History doesn't not always determine the present and the future. I was not impressed with Tyrod as a starter. However, as a backup he is carving out an extended and lucrative career. I'm hoping that you and Gunner will be wrong about his survival chances in the league. We shall see. :)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, I think Ryan Leaf would love to quibble with you in terms of single game disasters 

Rk Date G# Age Tm   Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A
3 1998-09-20 3 22.128 SDG @ KAN L 7-23 1 15 6.67 4 0 2 0.0 2 23 0.27
  • Haha (+1) 1