Frazier confirms Levi Wallace as “unquestioned starter” across from Tre White

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

kind of wild how he declared that this early in camp but i'm sure frazier has his reasons.  if gaines can stay healthy he's so good against the run and we need that.

All he said is he was the starter last year and will hold that spot until dethroned. It’s an endorsement but not an insane one. It’s in a lot of ways commentary on their philosophy as much as the player 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

All he said is he was the starter last year and will hold that spot until dethroned. It’s an endorsement but not an insane one. It’s in a lot of ways commentary on their philosophy as much as the player 

It's his job to lose. If he plays poorly I'm sure they'll make the switch, but if he doesn't he'll stay. That's about as strong an endorsement as you can get in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

It usually gets ugly fast when you loose a CB or two.  This year, we could loose two, and still have three starter level players left.  I wonder if Taron Johnson even makes the squad....but, he was pretty good also, but is practice squad elgible at least.   Bottom line, a headache at cut down time.  Bills will keep 6 cb's anyhow.  And, salary will put both Johnson and Gaines at risk to a small degree.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I criticize SM a good amount.  But he knows his d backs.  Crazy that a guy from Alabama can go undrafted like that.

He was a walk on at Alabama to start with and worked his way into a scholarship and a starting position. He grinds away and learns. He should be even better this year and for a rookie who started the year on the PS he wasn't bad at all last year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I have wanted this guy in Blue and Red since before last years draft. I was pumped when we picked him up, and I'm glad to see it paying off. You don't walk on and start at the best school in the country unless you're one hard working, tough mother---. Hopefully he makes the leap and is a stud across form Tre.

Like the comment. Mayfield to, was a walk on i heard.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t say I’ve been looking for updates on him but I don’t remember seeing much. Sometimes for a CB that’s a good thing because he’s not getting burned  but at least he’s still healthy.

He looks like he could be Frazier’s son

He was on wgr today and said the guys call him Frazier.

Not to be a stickler, but I don't think Frazier ever said that Levi Wallace is the "unquestioned" starter. He said that Wallace earned the starting job last season, and is currently the INCUMBENT starter. "Unquestioned" and "incumbent" are quite different. Frazier certainly didn't say "Wallace will be our starter this year for sure" or imply that in any way. He simply stated that as of this moment right now, Wallace is the starter. I think people are reading too much finality into Frazier's statement.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

It usually gets ugly fast when you loose a CB or two.  This year, we could loose two, and still have three starter level players left.  I wonder if Taron Johnson even makes the squad....but, he was pretty good also, but is practice squad elgible at least.   Bottom line, a headache at cut down time.  Bills will keep 6 cb's anyhow.  And, salary will put both Johnson and Gaines at risk to a small degree.

Taron is your starting nickel. I don’t think there’s even competition w him right now. EJ and KJ will cross train there but neither has had experience in the slot. 

5 hours ago, NoSaint said:

well stated, and i concur 

2 hours ago, Sunshower said:

That's a hell of a statement. I doubt it.

why doubt it ? the kid balls out. give him a minute wouldja : )

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I also belive there is something about this d scheme that allows them to find guys that might not be stars in other schemes but they are really good to great in this one. 

I belive this is all Sean 

yeppers.

and that's the magic of his defense and his ability to find the fitments

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Frazier confirms Levi Wallace as “unquestioned starter” across from Tre White

“Well, he’s the incumbent starter and somebody’s got to come take it away from him. It’s always about competition and they’re competing everyday for a starting job, you know, all the guys are. So, he’s the starter, whether a guy’s gaining on him or not, it doesn’t matter. Levi’s the starter, and we’ll see how things go.”

Nothing Frazier said there implies unquestioned. Incumbent? Yes. Current? Yes. Favorite? Yeah, maybe.

Unquestioned? How can you say that when he says "it's always about competition and yadda yadda yadda," or "we'll see how things go."

Did Frazier say more, and you accidentally left it out? If not, he's the starter for now, subject to how things go.

Edited by Thurman#1