Frazier confirms Levi Wallace as “unquestioned starter” across from Tre White

When asked about the gap between Wallace and the other cornerbacks fighting for roles on the defense, Frazier doubled down, telling the media that Levi is the unquestioned starter.

“Well, he’s the incumbent starter and somebody’s got to come take it away from him. It’s always about competition and they’re competing everyday for a starting job, you know, all the guys are. So, he’s the starter, whether a guy’s gaining on him or not, it doesn’t matter. Levi’s the starter, and we’ll see how things go.”

EJ Gaines has had a really good camp

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Any insight as to how Kevin Johnson is doing?  If he lives to his potential, he could be an excellent candidate to start across from Tre.

I can’t say I’ve been looking for updates on him but I don’t remember seeing much. Sometimes for a CB that’s a good thing because he’s not getting burned  but at least he’s still healthy.

He looks like he could be Frazier’s son

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Love the CB depth. Hopefully the S depth gets there as well. 

CB depth is incredible this year. Kevin Johnson  and EJ can start on a lot of teams and theyre backups for us. Taron was incredble before his injury.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, jletha said:

CB depth is incredible this year. Kevin Johnson  and EJ can start on a lot of teams and theyre backups for us. Taron was incredble before his injury.

Interestingly Taron Johnson hurt his shoulder in week 1 last year. He played all season with a torn labrum and finally had the surgery once the team was out of the playoff picture. 

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:
EJ Gaines has had a really good camp

In the practice that I saw, He looked really physical. He popped Bolden so hard in one of the drills that Bolden just said ***** it i cant even run the route now and went back to the line rotation.. lol

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Any insight as to how Kevin Johnson is doing?  If he lives to his potential, he could be an excellent candidate to start across from Tre.

No idea how Johnson is looking, but I’ve been saying that if it’s close between him, Gaines and Wallace, you give a start to Wallace because he’s with the bills for several more years while the other guys have just one year deals. Looks like it’s not close, though.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

No idea how Johnson is looking, but I’ve been saying that if it’s close between him, Gaines and Wallace, you give a start to Wallace because he’s with the bills for several more years while the other guys have just one year deals. Looks like it’s not close, though.

I dunno - contract shouldnt have anything to do with it IMO.  Best guy plays - period.

35 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

kind of wild how he declared that this early in camp but i'm sure frazier has his reasons.  if gaines can stay healthy he's so good against the run and we need that.

does gaines have nickel experienc too?  I know they're moving Neal around all over the place at the moment too.  

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

I dunno - contract shouldnt have anything to do with it IMO.  Best guy plays - period.

That's why I said close.  Those other 2 also don't seem to be able to handle a full season.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t say I’ve been looking for updates on him but I don’t remember seeing much. Sometimes for a CB that’s a good thing because he’s not getting burned  but at least he’s still healthy.

He looks like he could be Frazier’s son

He is a tall and skinny dude.

I have wanted this guy in Blue and Red since before last years draft. I was pumped when we picked him up, and I'm glad to see it paying off. You don't walk on and start at the best school in the country unless you're one hard working, tough mother---. Hopefully he makes the leap and is a stud across form Tre.

• Like (+1) 4