Democrat Debates

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

LOL.  Reminds me of a Curb episode with Bernie as Larry and Steyer as Super Dave.  "I just want to say hi Bernie." ---

"Yeah good, okay."

The whole thing is very odd as it looks like to me they think they're both telling the truth.

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not to worry Liz. It may have been on national TV but only 12 people were watching. 

7.3 million apparently.  More than double the population of Iowa.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

But how many of those 7.3 Million were in Iowa or in California/New York/Illinois/New England?

7.3 Million.  To put that into context:

134.7 Million people voted in 2016.  7.3 Million, or 5.4% of voters watched the Democrat debate

65.8 Million people voted for Clinton in 2016.  7.3 Million, 11% of Democrat voters watched the Democrat debate

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

But how many of those 7.3 Million were in Iowa or in California/New York/Illinois/New England?

7.3 Million.  To put that into context:

134.7 Million people voted in 2016.  7.3 Million, or 5.4% of voters watched the Democrat debate

65.8 Million people voted for Clinton in 2016.  7.3 Million, 11% of Democrat voters watched the Democrat debate

The Republican primary debates in 2011-2012 averaged around 5 million viewers so I'm assuming only the political junkies are actually interested in these primary debates (unless Trump is involved of course).  It'll skyrocket once the nominee is chosen and the presidential debates happen.  That's why the media spin and the headlines that follow are usually more important than the debate itself.  Most malleable voters start paying attention to the two possible candidates after labor day of the election year.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

I don't really see why that is bad on Sanders.  To me it looks far worse for Warren.  She approached him.  They pretty much called each other liars during the debate,. She can't hold back long enough to have the discussion another time or just let it roll off her back?  Some people might see that as emotional, reckless or impulsive.  I think she was probably planning on an open mike and hoping to get more.

The part that looks bad for Sanders is an inability to process and think on his feet. He should have been able to be polite to Steyer.  And the response to Warren should have been "For Pete's sake Liz you called yourself Native American for 40 years and got caught.  Everyone on the planet already knows you're a liar".

Her little "gotcha" with the 30 years versus 31 years was a setup he fell into because he is a doddering old commie.  It wasn't too classy on her part though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

I don't really see why that is bad on Sanders.  To me it looks far worse for Warren.  She approached him.  They pretty much called each other liars during the debate,. She can't hold back long enough to have the discussion another time or just let it roll off her back?  Some people might see that as emotional, reckless or impulsive.  I think she was probably planning on an open mike and hoping to get more.

The part that looks bad for Sanders is an inability to process and think on his feet. He should have been able to be polite to Steyer.  And the response to Warren should have been "For Pete's sake Liz you called yourself Native American for 40 years and got caught.  Everyone on the planet already knows you're a liar".

Her little "gotcha" with the 30 years versus 31 years was a setup he fell into because he is a doddering old commie.  It wasn't too classy on her part though.

…..FINALLY!!….an utterance of truth from the "FOSSIL Fuelers"...……….

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The whole thing is very odd as it looks like to me they think they're both telling the truth.

Here’s a good indicator. I came here during the debate to get a “blow by blow”. There was nothing and all we talk here is politics. 

8 hours ago, Hedge said:

He should have said “you ARE a liar”. Warren is the phoniest candidate remaining and that’s her anchor. She’s trying desperately to be perfect. That ship sailed. 

The best part of that clip was Steyer trying to shake Bernie’s hand and getting treated like a shitheel. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, snafu said:

He should have said “you ARE a liar”. Warren is the phoniest candidate remaining and that’s her anchor. She’s trying desperately to be perfect. That ship sailed. 

The best part of that clip was Steyer trying to shake Bernie’s hand and getting treated like a shitheel. 

sen-elizabeth-warren-just-called-donald-elizabeth-warren-elizabethforma-sorry-ev

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Wait. So, are you telling me that all of the applauding during the debate was coming from the media?

(of course, it was!)

i figured it was canned. prolly a combination of the two, along with 'applause' signs so the media knew just when to clap.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Well you can't take the risk of having spontaneous audience reactions from actual citizens. 

Not at democrat debates.  They would have crayon eaters like Tibs, aka Kyle Jurek ranting like the lunatics they are.  Have to create a facade of sanity to fool the sheeple.  

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...