Democrat Debates

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It'll be on in the writer's room/break room anyway today... might as well multitask. 

But you ain't wrong :lol: 

You live in LA.  Get out.  Enjoy yourself.  Kick a bum in the nuts!  I'd join you but we don't have any bums here in beautiful Laguna Niguel.  Sorry @IDBillzFan  It's ***** worth every damn penny here.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It'll be on in the writer's room/break room anyway today... might as well multitask. 

But you ain't wrong :lol: 

Watching the debates in a room full of Hollywood writers?  

You have an extraordinary high tolerance for pain.  I'd slit my wrists.  Or theirs.  Probably theirs.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Watching the debates in a room full of Hollywood writers?  

You have an extraordinary high tolerance for pain.  I'd slit my wrists.  Or theirs.  Probably theirs.

I was hoping this mini-room would be done by today precisely to avoid this... but we're dragging our feet. Probably because we're wasting time watching the ***** debates rather than breaking story :lol: 

I've been arguing all day that it's easier to do our jobs while a baseball game is on than a debate. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I was hoping this mini-room would be done by today precisely to avoid this... but we're dragging our feet. Probably because we're wasting time watching the ***** debates rather than breaking story :lol: 

I've been arguing all day that it's easier to do our jobs while a baseball game is on than a debate. 

You know, the US armed forces broadcast stripped-down radio broadcasts of baseball games in the South Pacific in WWII.  They'd cut all the dead air out, and only play the action.  They'd cut a game down to a 15-20 minute broadcast.  That's how much action there is in a baseball game.

Still seems like more than a Democratic Debate.  Since they all say the same damn thing, I'll bet you could cut that down to five minutes or less.

• Haha (+1) 1

You know, the US armed forces broadcast stripped-down radio broadcasts of baseball games in the South Pacific in WWII.  They'd cut all the dead air out, and only play the action.  They'd cut a game down to a 15-20 minute broadcast.  That's how much action there is in a baseball game.

Still seems like more than a Democratic Debate.  Since they all say the same damn thing, I'll bet you could cut that down to five minutes or less.

...and I'd bet that INCLUDES a four minute intermission............

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's still 3-8 more minutes of action of an NFL game.  

"No Nats tickets for you"

Justice Kavanaugh

Just now, DC Tom said:

Football action.  That awesome officiating action pads it out to a good three hours.  

And beer, dorito and truck commercials.  Neither of which I purchase.  Most boring three hours ever.  Wait I take that back.  I was on a plane recently and I was streaming an NHL game on my phone.  I used to love hockey.  By far my favorite sport ever. As I sat there staring at my phone all I could think of how correct my wife was when she would walk by while I was I was watching a game and sarcastically say "skate, skate, skate"  Yawn........

Just now, Chef Jim said:

And beer, dorito and truck commercials.  Neither of which I purchase. 

"Neither" means "not one of the other of two choices."

So Chef Jim buys one of beer, Doritos, or truck commercials.  Which do we think it is?

I'm betting he buys truck commercials.

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Neither" means "not one of the other of two choices."

So Chef Jim buys one of beer, Doritos, or truck commercials.  Which do we think it is?

I'm betting he buys truck commercials.

Yeah I drive me a big ass truck.  ?

On Tuesday, hours before the fourth Democratic presidential debate, the liberal group Demand Justice released a short list of Supreme Court nominees for the candidates to adopt. Tragically but unsurprisingly, the list is packed with liberal activists, short on sitting judges, and dangerous for due process, free speech, and other constitutional values. Democrats would be wise to avoid this list and most of the names on it, but it seems likely at least one candidate — perhaps Beto O'Rourke? — will adopt it.

"Democrats running for President should tell primary voters who they might appoint to the Supreme Court. And they should be bold enough to pick someone who's worked to defend civil rights, worker's rights or reproductive rights - like those on this list," Brian Fallon, Demand Justice's executive director, tweeted

Liberal activists, liberal journalists, and at least one Harvard professor have voiced their support for the list. Elie Mystal, the influential liberal executive editor at Above the Law, suggested to 2020 Democrats that if they adopt a similar short list, she would support them.

Yet the list includes many liberal radicals.

"These people are radicals," Judicial Crisis Network Chief Counsel Carrie Severino tweeted. "This list is a dream come true for far-left activists who seek to turn the courts into a political super-legislature."

Severino further noted that only 8 of the 32 potential nominees on the list have judicial experience. "Which makes sense — they're looking for activists, not judges. Trump's list - with the sole exception of Sen. Mike Lee - was all judges, bc they were chosen for judicial philosophy, not political views," she wrote in a tweet. "This is an attempt to return the Court to 1960’s style judicial activism - left wing judicial tyranny. They keep losing elections, so now they're trying to pack the courts and get their agenda done with radical activist judges."

Indeed, the left has long advocated for a "living Constitution" that amounts to redefining the Constitution to further liberal demands. Activists demand judges who will "protect the rights" of various liberal interest groups — rights that are not written in the Constitution. This short list only confirms that trend of turning courts into "super legislatures" that effectively make law, rather than uphold the Constitution.

More at the link:

From  STEPHEN GREEN

BZZZZT! Bad premise on the first question from Cooper. The House has NOT officially opened an impeachment inquiry, having never held a vote on the matter. It's a purely Democrat process, not an official House process.

Whenever Trump is the subject, it's like that Twilight Zone episode where the woman is constantly told how ugly and disfigured she is, but in reality all her tormentors were.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1