What do you think of Millennials?

Another Fan

14 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

No. I don’t expect you to understand me. Have a great day ??

if you want a job here you better show you can do an honest days work, kiddo

Rolling your eyes and mumbling like a mental patient won’t cut it with people outside friends or bloodlines 

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

if you want a job here you better show you can do an honest days work, kiddo

it's not about work. it's all in the ways you connect with universe.

maybe i should tan my taint...

Edited by Foxx

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

it's not about work. it's all in the ways you connect with universe.

maybe i should tan my taint...

well, one  can find a job building things with the hands, or interpreting data or dealing with people

that’s about it in life, I recommend one go with math as far as they can to get the data job

the others are fulfilling as well, but if you have a brain then get into interpreting symbols for people 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Or maybe you can be the next Keith Richards, but without honing a skill, in huge demand, through thousands and thousands of hours in his own way of incredible self-discipline, ironically

mental mastur8ation?

damn nanny filter...

Edited by Foxx

52 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Your mom still does your laundry, doesn't she?

My wife started making our boys doing their own laundry when they got into high school. Not so she wouldn’t have to do it, but it was one less thing to get used to when they got to college. I appreciate that move much more now than I did at the time. 

3 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

With the gender identity, can't use 'him or manpower' ideas that are floating around, that next generation will take that to the next level and thensome. I consider myself a moderate person and I am all for progression but when it comes to that, and I am glad ill be in the ground by the time those concepts and many others become the new reality.

This is a very small minority of people in the millenial generation who think this way. The media just likes to magnify it and act like it's a majority of millenails are like this. They're a small, granted very vocal, minority though.

11 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

In my line of work we work with Boomers and Millennials all the time. The Millennials are a LOT easier to work with.

Me: Here's our standard procedure checklist - follow it and everything will be fine.

Millennial: Thanks!

Boomer: You don't need to do all that.

As a Boomer, I represent that statement!  I resemble that remark!

Whenever they came out with a new procedure, my first reaction was to figure out how little of it I actually had to do in order to get my job done and not incur the wrath of management. It was getting harder and harder to walk that line. 

18 hours ago, Augie said:

Like most things, gross generalizations are generally a terrible mistake. Every generation has a broad mix, even if they may have their own “identity”. 

still the same formula for those finishing at the top of undergrad and post-grad schools

and probably still the same % are doing it as it was 20, 50, 100 years ago

study, kids!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Where I work, the lunch break rule is 30 minutes. The Millenials have decided that 30 minutes is not enough for them, so they take 60-90 minutes!

the economy is good and places can afford to keep them around

and then one day....

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the economy is good and places can afford to keep them around

and then one day....

Guess what...two individuals were let go Monday. They didn't act surprised, but they were mad that they had to drive to work to find out!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

Where I work, the lunch break rule is 30 minutes. The Millenials have decided that 30 minutes is not enough for them, so they take 60-90 minutes!

In retail, the coupon says it expires on the 10th of the month. The Boomers have decided that the 10th isn't late enough for them, so they try to redeem it on the 25th, or the 10th of the next month!

• Haha (+1) 1