What do you think of Millennials?

Another Fan

2 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

If you observe the generation that is younger then the millenials, you will treasure them more. If you think its crazy now folks, just wait till you see what is on the way

Most older folks have been caught up in the culturescape and don’t understand us young folk at all who are connected with the universe and explore it in ways they can’t wrap their melons around. 

The future is bright!

• Haha (+1) 1

I had not seen this thread and I find it to be amazing. Every woman I have ever talked to about computer dating tells me what a horror show it is for them, and I have been hearing story after story for many years. Having said that, all of them are over 40 years old, and some are older than 50. My male friends tell me that it is just so simple for men on these various dating sites.

Think about it.....50% of the men out there are married.

Probably 5% are gay, perhaps more.

15% are alcoholics.

10% drug abusers? Does that sound OK?

At least 5% are various kinds of perverts.

5% are scammers, and I am being kind.

5% Compulsive gamblers?

Now, who is in and out of jail? Who is violent? Who would prefer the daughter of the woman? Who is on heavy medication? Who is still in love with his ex? Who doesn't want to work? And of course, some of the above suffer from 2, 3, 4, 5,  or more these issues.

My point is that there are very few normal men out there. If I was not in a serious relationship there is an unlimited supply of women out there, and NOT because I am so great. But if you look OK, have some cash, can hold a conversation, have a sense of humor, and are a decent guy, you are in a HUGE minority. Believe me, when the day comes that I am such a bargain, it is a sorry state of affairs LOL!!!

Guys, just have confidence. You will do better in your 50's and even 60's than you did at 30. You won't be getting the 10s any more but you will have a very good selection.

There is no competition.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My wife just hired the 30 year old daughter of some very close friends of ours to be her assistant. My wife works with a lot of very highly credentialed people. Her last boss was Duke, then Harvard and her current boss was commencement speaker at UVA law school, but they knew they had to work their way up. The wife’s a bit sensitive she “only” has a math degree from a small/medium size school you may never have heard of.

Her new assistant has 4 undergrad degrees and two masters from Georgetown. They flew to NYC Sunday for several days of meetings. The flight back is 6am Thursday, meaning they leave the hotel before 4am. The 30 year old made a funny face when mentioning what time she would have to get up.  ?  It had to be done that way to make it back here for the next appointment. This is going to be a lesson in how to get ahead in “the real world” for her! Classes only happen during “polite hours”. Work gets done when the work needs to get done. 

Edited by Augie

11 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Most older folks have been caught up in the culturescape and don’t understand us young folk at all who are connected with the universe and explore it in ways they can’t wrap their melons around. 

The future is bright!

With the gender identity, can't use 'him or manpower' ideas that are floating around, that next generation will take that to the next level and thensome. I consider myself a moderate person and I am all for progression but when it comes to that, and I am glad ill be in the ground by the time those concepts and many others become the new reality.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Gray Beard said:

There are guys who are 4s who want women who are 8s, and it ain’t happening.  There also girls who are 4s who want guys who are 8s, and that may happen for a one night stand, but not for long term.

Female 2s have it in their minds that I’m going to marry them just by looking at me....

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife just hired the 30 year old daughter of some very close friends of ours to be her assistant. My wife works with a lot of very highly credentialed people. Her last boss was Duke, then Harvard. Her current boss was commencement speaker at UVA law school. She’s a bit sensitive she “only” has a math degree from a small/medium size school you may never have heard of.

Her new assistant has 4 undergrad degrees and two masters from Georgetown. They flew to NYC yesterday for several days of meetings. The flight back is 6am Thursday, meaning they leave the hotel before 4am. The 30 year old made a funny face when mentioning what time she would have to get up.  ?  It had to be done that way to make it back here for the next appointment. This is going to be a lesson in how to get ahead in “the real world” for her! Classes only happen during “polite hours”. Work gets done when the work needs to get done. 

At my job there was a company policy that travel only had to occur between the hours of 7 am to 7 pm, or something like that. If you needed to travel the day before and/or the day after your meeting, so be it. It was very unusual for people to go by that rule.  People took the first flight out in the morning and the last flight home at night quite often.  Nobody wanted to be away from the office any longer than possible. I hated traveling for work. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

The future is bright!

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

At my job there was a company policy that travel only had to occur between the hours of 7 am to 7 pm, or something like that. If you needed to travel the day before and/or the day after your meeting, so be it. It was very unusual for people to go by that rule.  People took the first flight out in the morning and the last flight home at night quite often.  Nobody wanted to be away from the office any longer than possible. I hated traveling for work. 

My wife enjoys her job so much she doesn’t mind the constant travel and working from the Delta Sky Club. She goes up Sunday nights so she’s not late for anything on Monday. Being a family friend, the new assistant was well aware of  (or thought she was) what she was getting into. There may be a policy, but you do what you need to do if that’s what works best for you. It beats moving full time to NYC, which is what her boss wanted.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

The future is bright!

lotsa luck kid, don’t envy you even 1 percent.....

51 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I had not seen this thread and I find it to be amazing. Every woman I have ever talked to about computer dating tells me what a horror show it is for them, and I have been hearing story after story for many years. Having said that, all of them are over 40 years old, and some are older than 50. My male friends tell me that it is just so simple for men on these various dating sites.

Think about it.....50% of the men out there are married.

Probably 5% are gay, perhaps more.

15% are alcoholics.

10% drug abusers? Does that sound OK?

At least 5% are various kinds of perverts.

5% are scammers, and I am being kind.

5% Compulsive gamblers?

Now, who is in and out of jail? Who is violent? Who would prefer the daughter of the woman? Who is on heavy medication? Who is still in love with his ex? Who doesn't want to work? And of course, some of the above suffer from 2, 3, 4, 5,  or more these issues.

My point is that there are very few normal men out there. If I was not in a serious relationship there is an unlimited supply of women out there, and NOT because I am so great. But if you look OK, have some cash, can hold a conversation, have a sense of humor, and are a decent guy, you are in a HUGE minority. Believe me, when the day comes that I am such a bargain, it is a sorry state of affairs LOL!!!

Guys, just have confidence. You will do better in your 50's and even 60's than you did at 30. You won't be getting the 10s any more but you will have a very good selection.

There is no competition.

So you're saying I have a chance, awesome!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

The future is bright!

Your mom still does your laundry, doesn't she?