Just now, Xwnyer said:

I am in Raleigh and it’s saying blacked out 

Found a nice HD feed

I did too

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I told you it would be blacked out.

why is the channel even there then?

Just now, Bills2ref said:

It isn’t blacked out out of market. In market it is subject to NFL broadcast black outs. The next game, at 10PM, should not be blacked out. 

NFL no longer blacks out games...I guess preseason is different but I'm closer to NY than Buffalo and I get the Jets-Giants

Channel 212-1 reminds me of the thread where someone was confused if the Ravens carried over the team history of the Browns and probably 10 times in that chain someone would explain NO it doesn’t as part of the settlement the team history legally stays with the Browns franchise and for practical record keeping purpose the Browns suspended operations for 4 years and the Ravens were considered an expansion team in 1996. That was too confusing though apparently. There was glove doesn’t fit evidence of “well Jim Brown was in the locker room at super bowl 35 so riddle me this!” 

Sorry for the rant, the Labbats and whiskies are flowing tonight. While I am on the subject of message board investigations did we ever conclusively determine if the Toronto series would be blacked out in WNY if it didn’t sell out? That whole fiasco of a series lived and died without there ever being a conclusive answer. I think that crazy guy from the History Channel’s Ancient Aliens is probably still investigating it.

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I called and cancelled and switched to Spectrum.  212-1 didnt work like they said it did.  Then they sold me the ticket because they said it was on there.  Ticket doesnt start until September.  I am not spending my time hooking up a sorry ass antenna because they are greedy.  

Ticket has never worked for preseason 

I assumed that channel wouldn’t work because it j wasn’t in a local market 

so I went with the preseason game pass trial 

that channnel 212-1 is new so idk if they are testing it and likely the people you spoke to didn’t know the rules around NFL broadcast and they probably thought if you see it on the guide you likely get it. 

This is the 4th season I’ve had ticket with no preseason but the NFL use to give an option for 20 dollars for the preseason games now it’s 100 with gamepass that’s why I did a 7 day trial and I’ll just cancel after the game 

9 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Ticket has never worked for preseason 

I assumed that channel wouldn’t work because it j wasn’t in a local market 

so I went with the preseason game pass trial 

that channnel 212-1 is new so idk if they are testing it and likely the people you spoke to didn’t know the rules around NFL broadcast and they probably thought if you see it on the guide you likely get it. 

This is the 4th season I’ve had ticket with no preseason but the NFL use to give an option for 20 dollars for the preseason games now it’s 100 with gamepass that’s why I did a 7 day trial and I’ll just cancel after the game 

My point is this.  I am not paying 112 dollars a month to try and "figure it out" I want point and click.  I also want the people who represent the service to know more about it than I do, new or not.   Directtv was always amazing at that.  Now theyve went 180 it appears.  One of the customer service people even said a lot has changed since at and t took over.  So I am out.  Not dealing with the bs.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

My point is this.  I am not paying 112 dollars a month to try and "figure it out" I want point and click.  I also want the people who represent the service to know more about it than I do, new or not.   Directtv was always amazing at that.  Now theyve went 180 it appears.  One of the customer service people even said a lot has changed since at and t took over.  So I am out.  Not dealing with the bs.  

I get the consumer aspect of it I am just saying if you have had Sunday ticket before they have never broadcast out of market preseason games - unless the nfl schedule states national broadcast like week 3 

it was a weird with that extra NFL channel but being someone who has gone through it before I knew the rules and figured it won’t work so went with a different option

But I get what your saying 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 11:21 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Looking for anyone’s insight concerning this issue....if anyone has heard any information.

Subscribers to DirecTv know that many have lost, or will lose, local channels, which carry NFL games. Here in the Binghamton area, we have lost FOX, NBC, ABC and the rumor is we are about to lose CBS.

With starting that, how in hell will DirecTv be able to air any games at all? The only station left that carries games will be ESPN, and that has nothing to do with the Sunday Ticket.

It seems like the NFL should be able to pull the rights away from DirecTv.

I am getting rid of this come the beginning of September if the local channels aren’t back on the air and I highly doubt they will be with the way this company does business since AT&T took over.

Because the actual game brosdcast belongs to the NFL and the channels that SundayTicket operates on belong to DTV.

I think eventually the NFL will step on both their heads.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 8/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, thenorthremembers said:

I called and cancelled and switched to Spectrum.  212-1 didnt work like they said it did.  Then they sold me the ticket because they said it was on there.  Ticket doesnt start until September.  I am not spending my time hooking up a sorry ass antenna because they are greedy.  

I get the antenna for ***** and giggles. Hooked it up and get all local channels perfectly fine now, plus about 20 more of their off shoot channels.

• Like (+1) 1

You should look into IPTV. I just signed up for Prime Tyme TV and it has hundreds of channels, and looks like I can get NFL games on Sunday.

There are many IPTV providers, but some are bad because they over-subscribe (beyond their available bandwidth). Some have free trials, so you can try them out.

It is really not too hard to set up - you can probably get some answers from other TSW posters.

On August 8, 2019 at 8:37 PM, frostbitmic said:

As a DirecTV customer I no longer have CBS or ABC.

Off air antenna will fix that problem 

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Nexstar settled all stations are back. That happened 9 hours ago

F'ing A!! Thanks. Didn't know this. You'd think DirecTv would shoot out an email telling its subscribers this just like they'd email you about your payment being due

• Haha (+1) 1