DirecTv Sunday Ticket- Potential big issues

Beast

BUMP

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/media/2019/08/08/at-t-and-cbs-dispute-ends-channels-return-directv-u-verse/1952852001/

AT&T, CBS end nearly three-week dispute, channels back on DirecTV, U-verse and DirecTV Now

The deal, terms of which were not disclosed, brings back 26 CBS-owned stations that went off AT&T's TV services July 20 in 17 markets including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

On 7/29/2019 at 11:21 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

Looking for anyone’s insight concerning this issue....if anyone has heard any information.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BUMP

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/media/2019/08/08/at-t-and-cbs-dispute-ends-channels-return-directv-u-verse/1952852001/

AT&T, CBS end nearly three-week dispute, channels back on DirecTV, U-verse and DirecTV Now

The deal, terms of which were not disclosed, brings back 26 CBS-owned stations that went off AT&T's TV services July 20 in 17 markets including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Thank you for the update.  I was just about to order the ticket.  I didnt want to mess with the antenna. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:57 PM, mackey7899 said:

Live in Syracuse - we don't have Fox or ABC. They sent me a free over the air antenna - thing is complex. Hook it up to your main box and it sends it to all the other boxes in the house. Works PERFECT. Call them and they will send it to you for free. The reception is HD and looks just like every other channel. Just make the call 

Talking about DirecTV. 

I must live too close to Lake Ontario because I get more Canadian channels than local channels. I’m leaving DTV. Not to mention it absolutely sucks during any kind of heavy rain

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BUMP

This doesn’t include the Nexstar affiliate who provides CBS to the Buffalo region. We are still blacked out unfortunately 

Edited by Bangarang

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I must live too close to Lake Ontario because I get more Canadian channels than local channels. I’m leaving DTV. Not to mention it absolutely sucks during any kind of heavy rain

This doesn’t include the Nexstar affiliate who provides CBS to the Buffalo region. We are still blacked out 

I was coming here to ask this, if CBS was still blacked out in Buffalo. Absolutely ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I was coming here to ask this, if CBS was still blacked out in Buffalo. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Cable and Dish are like going to the store to buy a shirt, and being forced to buy all the shirts.  I dont know how this is still going on in 2019.

Its fairly irritating.   TV though a very small part of my life is something I dont want to work for.   If I want to drink a beer I want to open it and drink.   I dont want to have to add accessories to drink it.   Same thing with TV, I want to point and click and watch what I want.    Too much of my life is work, I'd like the relaxing parts to be easy.

41 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BUMP

I can't help but love the s*** sandwich we are usually forced to eat as opposed to other parts of the country, time after time, because...you know, we are Buffalo.

The above, and arguable some of the highest electric bills in the country while being right next to Niagara Falls, or being (I believe) having the last numbered designated stretch of thruway in New York (190, 290, 390 etc., not the 90 itself) to have tolls on it on the waterfront until someone said, "why the F do we have to pay this" and NY gov't officials shuffled their feet and pretended they had a reasonable answer.

People wonder where that chip on our shoulder came from.

Sorry.  This won't last long.  Reasoned or not I am just "in that place" right now.

EDIT:  Let me chase it with this...how many NFL cities are now left without CBS on directv?

Buffalo, Cincy and Cleveland?   Look at those three.  it figures, if so.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

51 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

BUMP

Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

As of now 1:45 pm Thursday CBS or channel 8 in Rochester was still off on my Directv. Trying to record as I have to work tonight. 

Will it be back in Rochester? 

Not sure...I checked in with my Buffalo family but they haven't replied. I'm in Philly area . Mine is back on. I'll  report when I find out

Edited by nucci

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not sure...I checked in with my Buffalo family but they haven't replied. I'm in Philly area . Mine is back on. I'll  report when I find out

I'm here in WNY...we are still blacked out. WIVB(cbs-4),WNLO (cbs sister station-23)...also cbssn.

18 minutes ago, pop gun said:

As of now 1:45 pm Thursday CBS or channel 8 in Rochester was still off on my Directv. Trying to record as I have to work tonight. 

Will it be back in Rochester? 

A few folks said you can pick up the game on 212-1..but I think they will block it locally.

Edited by Misterbluesky

19 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'm here in WNY...we are still blacked out. WIVB(cbs-4),WNLO (cbs sister station-23)...also cbssn.

A few folks said you can pick up the game on 212-1..but I think they will block it locally.

Aren't Bills home games usually on Ch.7? Preseason games are broadcast locally except for 1-2 National games a week . I don't think CBS has anything to do with tonights game. Ch 212-1 will most likely pick up Bills feed for a half and Colts for other

Edited by nucci

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Aren't Bills home games usually on Ch.7? Preseason games are broadcast locally except for 1-2 National games a week . I don't think CBS has anything to do with tonights game. Ch 212-1 will most likely pick up Bills feed for a half and Colts for other

Its on channel 7 WKBW in Buffalo.  However, if you get Rochester channels which a lot of people in WNY outside of Buffalo do, its on WROC Channel 8.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its on channel 7 WKBW in Buffalo.  However, if you get Rochester channels which a lot of people in WNY outside of Buffalo do, its on WROC Channel 8.

Guessing that's CBS in Rochester?

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

It without question does.   Like I said earlier, I just signed up at my new house Monday.  I had no clue it was a disputed channel until the tech was getting ready to leave.  Already had a dish on my house.

My was out for last 3 weeks until today

• Like (+1) 1