DirecTv Sunday Ticket- Potential big issues

Beast

3 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

This is the last season for sunday ticket. Nfl has an opt out clause after this year.

As far a DTV goes Att is losing big time money on it. Dont know how much they are willing to discount it.

I certainly hope not....those of us that are on the other side of the US map really need it to be able to watch the Buffalo games.

I actually just noticed that CBS was not in my Direct TV lineup.......I hope this does not create a problem I just got my Sunday Ticket BACK after having to relocate and not having it last year.

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I certainly hope not....those of us that are on the other side of the US map really need it to be able to watch the Buffalo games.

I actually just noticed that CBS was not in my Direct TV lineup.......I hope this does not create a problem I just got my Sunday Ticket BACK after having to relocate and not having it last year.

Nfl will still have a sunday ticket. It just going to depend on who will carry it. My guess is Google (youtubetv) or Amazon or both.

17 hours ago, Bangarang said:

What's stopping companies like Spectrum from offering a streaming only service for people who don’t want to pay $8 per month for a cable box on each tv?

Nothing is stopping them, they already offer it. You have to call and ask about it. You can stream Spectrum TV app through Roku, Samsung, Fire Stick, Apple TV, XBOX One, etc..No cable boxes required. 

10 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Idk why people keep flipping if you have Sunday ticket you get all out of market games - if the game is a local broadcast and you live in buffalo/Rochester  you just need an antenna if that channel is blocked.

its just like it always has been. I live in Texas so I can’t use the Sunday ticket channels to watch let’s say a cowboys game - I would have to use the local channel instead 

IDK why people like you have reading comprehension issues and don’t understand why some don’t want to change inputs and remote controls to flip from one game to another, as well as having a legit question that is a game carried on a network blocked from DirecTv will even be available on the Sunday Ticket.

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

Nothing is stopping them, they already offer it. You have to call and ask about it. You can stream Spectrum TV app through Roku, Samsung, Fire Stick, Apple TV, XBOX One, etc..No cable boxes required. 

Yeah but that doesn’t include local channels and lacks DVR. It’s not bad for what you get but it could be better. Probably wouldn’t work for me right now.

12 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Idk why people keep flipping if you have Sunday ticket you get all out of market games - if the game is a local broadcast and you live in buffalo/Rochester  you just need an antenna if that channel is blocked.

its just like it always has been. I live in Texas so I can’t use the Sunday ticket channels to watch let’s say a cowboys game - I would have to use the local channel instead 

I hope this is resolved by Thanksgiving, else I will need to add an antenna to my media room TV.  The only Cowboy game I will watch this year......

21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

there are absolutely options to record streaming stuff now. Tivo and Fire both have devices if you want a physical box, and PLayOn is a cloud based DVR.

didn't know TiVo still existed.

17 hours ago, jletha said:

It has unlimited DVR so you can record whatever you want, whenever you want. Since its just an app, you can have it on your phone too and set things to record on your phone or watch your recorded things on your phone as well.

i dont have a smart fone either lol

14 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

IDK why people like you have reading comprehension issues and don’t understand why some don’t want to change inputs and remote controls to flip from one game to another, as well as having a legit question that is a game carried on a network blocked from DirecTv will even be available on the Sunday Ticket.

Complaining to just complain it’s one button and wow your locals are on. 

I have to switch from the Sunday ticket app to my TV input every week to watch the local/ national broadcast game. It’s not hard it’s just people want to complain.

The company that is blocking these channels was offered more money for less ratings and this is what causes prices to rise for consumers.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bad role model to my sons who I enjoy watching the games together.  I know you’re just kidding, but that is my real reason.

That's a great reason.

Some want to be at home for less distractions, their own couch, cheaper beers etc. which is where I fall into.

But a game at a bar thats fun and has a good crowd and camaraderie can absolutely be a good thing as well. 

I'm sure if we've turned a corner and become an entertaining competitive team that's a great thing for the bars. I'll be on my couch for the most part though.

2 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Complaining to just complain it’s one button and wow your locals are on. 

I have to switch from the Sunday ticket app to my TV input every week to watch the local/ national broadcast game. It’s not hard it’s just people want to complain.

The company that is blocking these channels was offered more money for less ratings and this is what causes prices to rise for consumers.

Like I said, reading comprehension issues.

Move along.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:51 PM, Bangarang said:

Yeah but that doesn’t include local channels and lacks DVR. It’s not bad for what you get but it could be better. Probably wouldn’t work for me right now.

It includes all local channels as the base streaming package, Then you pick which additional you want. And yes, there is now an option for cloud DVR using Apple TV. It was just added. Like I said, they don’t advertise it, you have to ask. Believe me, I know. 

6 hours ago, Doc said:

I just signed my son up for NFL Sunday Ticket online streaming for students at $100.  Good deal.

I posted this in the other thread too...

Just renewed this year for the Directv stream. My buddy has a wife in college and I was able to use her college email for the Student rate of $99 for the whole season. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been able to do this. If you have a family member or good friend in college use their info to get qualified. you don’t have to use their info for the account, just to get qualified. Once you are qualified you use your own email and payment info. Each year you must re-qualify. So for $99 I can stream on Apple TV 4K, or an XBOX, my computer, my phone, my iPad, or any other device that can download the app or connect too the website. You can only use one device at a time. This is by far the best way I have watched games aside from being there. Watching in 4K is just outstanding, better than the TV broadcast. 

And I am not a directv or att customer. I work for Spectrum and get free cable and internet. I live in FL so its either a stream or Bar and the bars are too dam expensive now. 

18 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

I posted this in the other thread too...

Just renewed this year for the Directv stream. My buddy has a wife in college and I was able to use her college email for the Student rate of $99 for the whole season. This is the 3rd year in a row that I have been able to do this. If you have a family member or good friend in college use their info to get qualified. you don’t have to use their info for the account, just to get qualified. Once you are qualified you use your own email and payment info. Each year you must re-qualify. So for $99 I can stream on Apple TV 4K, or an XBOX, my computer, my phone, my iPad, or any other device that can download the app or connect too the website. You can only use one device at a time. This is by far the best way I have watched games aside from being there. Watching in 4K is just outstanding, better than the TV broadcast. 

And I am not a directv or att customer. I work for Spectrum and get free cable and internet. I live in FL so its either a stream or Bar and the bars are too dam expensive now. 

I got this for my son.  Since you can only use once device at a time, I'll have to watch using the Sling Box I set up in my/mom's house in Rochester.  It's actually pretty decent.

And I remember the days of having to do to the bar to watch games.  Fun times but the smoke (at the time) killed me.

Live in Syracuse - we don't have Fox or ABC. They sent me a free over the air antenna - thing is complex. Hook it up to your main box and it sends it to all the other boxes in the house. Works PERFECT. Call them and they will send it to you for free. The reception is HD and looks just like every other channel. Just make the call 

Talking about DirecTV. 

On 8/1/2019 at 9:02 PM, thronethinker said:

I was able to get qualified using my sisters info, however it appeared it was forcing her name to also be used for the payment

This morning I went onto the Directv website and they had a prompt offering information about the local channel blackouts. Prompt then offered a $10 credit for the inconvenience. 

Edited by CBD

On 8/1/2019 at 10:57 PM, mackey7899 said:

Live in Syracuse - we don't have Fox or ABC. They sent me a free over the air antenna - thing is complex. Hook it up to your main box and it sends it to all the other boxes in the house. Works PERFECT. Call them and they will send it to you for free. The reception is HD and looks just like every other channel. Just make the call 

Talking about DirecTV. 

Called yesterday and they are sending me one. She said it would appear in the guide just like any other station. Also got $8 a month off HBO for a year.