DirecTv Sunday Ticket- Potential big issues

Beast

YouTube TV has every sports channel you'd ever want PLUS all local channels and basically everything else youd ever need and all you need is the internet and an AppleTV/Roku thing.  I split $50/month with my brother because each account gives you 6 screens. It is perfect 720p picture, never lags or buffers and it completely live with unlimited DVR.

I HIGHLY recommend YoutubeTv, it has been awesome.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GG said:

In which markets?  I'm not aware of any blackouts from February.  AT&T currently blocks CBS-owned and Nexstar local stations.

BTW, these transmission agreements are the biggest reason your cable bills are so high.

Binghamton hasn’t had FOX since February.

34 minutes ago, GG said:

In which markets?  I'm not aware of any blackouts from February.  AT&T currently blocks CBS-owned and Nexstar local stations.

BTW, these transmission agreements are the biggest reason your cable bills are so high.

FOX 40 in Binghamton has been off since February 22.  Just because it isn't out in your area doesn't mean it isn't off elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

IPTV rules all.

Had DTV for 20 years with Premium Channels/NFL Ticket/Center Ice for most of them.

They refuse to give me a decent break on cost this past winter so I "cut the cord".

Streaming and a good OTA Antenna has been great. 

With NHL streaming for Sabre games a no brainer the ONLY thing left is the NFL.

Since DTV/NFL is not giving the option to just buy a streaming package just for football I just went IPTV.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Had DTV for 20 years with Premium Channels/NFL Ticket/Center Ice for most of them.

They refuse to give me a decent break on cost this past winter so I "cut the cord".

Since DTV/NFL is not giving the option to just buy a streaming package just for football I just went IPTV.

What is IPTV?  Does that get you Bills games?

45 minutes ago, GG said:

Especially ESPN and the RSNs.  I pay almost $9/month for our RSNs (MASN for O's and Nats; Comcast Sportsnet Washington for Caps, Wiz) and hardly ever watch.  I'll turn MASN on a couple of times a week, max, to catch an inning or two of a ballgame, but that's about it.

2 minutes ago, nemhoff said:

What is IPTV?  Does that get you Bills games?

IPTV is streaming TV over the internet.

There are many legal and many debatable "illegal" providers.

We can only talk about the legal ones on this board.

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

DTV has become a corporate behemoth, like Comcast, and is now living in the cable world where channel/provider feuds are commonplace.  I first got DTV in 2000 and there never seemed to be an issue like what some are experiencing with their local networks.  Fortunately, here in the DC area, so far, we've been sparred the re-transmission issue.

I'm throwing in the towel with DTV when my $60/month credit ends next month.  Barring a miracle, I'll be cancelling, but as many have reported, AT&T don't care.  They would rather have a collection of subscribers paying full boat, than a patchwork quilt of customers getting promotions, discounts, etc.  So, if that's their wish, so be it.

That was one thing I did notice since ATT bought DTV, the discounts have become fewer and farther between, wth the discounts the prices weren't too bad.  That was what finally made me dump them, my discounts expired and basically wouldn't give me anything new.  So left, two weeks later they made me an offer to come back, much better than I was even asking for.  But by then had purchased a TIVO so wasn't going back.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

Maybe, maybe not. We pay a $7.00 per month local broadcast fee as a part of our Uverse bill, out of a monthly charge in excess of $130.00. And the local broadcast charge stays despite them taking away two of our local stations (Fox and NBC). 

ATT is losing subscribers at rate of about 1 million per quarter for DTV and Uverse. When I went to the ATT support boards, it is repleat with comments of how happy people had been with DTV until they were bought by ATT.  Uverse has been declining for years.  Its basically filled with informercials and multiple listings for one station. Give it a year or two and all you'll get is HBO and 24 hour Bugs Bunny stations.

The local transmission fees are what ATT are telling everyone is the problem, but I really don't believe them. They've become a monster and not a good one at that.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Guessing the NFL is looking in to streaming. Looked like they were cutting off DirectV this season. YouTube and Amazon  should be on this

Wow, I have DTV and I didn't even notice I lost the local channels lol...  I only watch a few "TV" shows that I DVR so I can blow past commercials. I mostly stream stuff on Amazon Prime these days. I've kind of been considering going without any TV at all, maybe now is the time.

Interesting that customers  directv are with out channels.  Here in southwest Florida it seems that we have all channels showing.  I called Directv yesterday to see what kind of deal I could get on Sunday Ticket..Because I have had Directv since 2002 I was giving a $30/month reduction in price for the year.  Sunday ticket I'm paying $18/month for 6 months.  Thats $108 for the ticket.  I thought that was a good deal. It took them about 45 minutes to get me that deal so I guess there was some negotiations going on.

41 minutes ago, nucci said:

Guessing the NFL is looking in to streaming. Looked like they were cutting off DirectV this season. YouTube and Amazon  should be on this

Yep.  The NFL can get out of the exclusive NFL streaming contract with DTV after this season.

The NEED to do that.  If I could buy it like the NHL stream package I would in a heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Called DTV and got money off the bill and a free antenna. The antenna sucks and isn't a solution for me. I'll probably make the switch back to Spectrum.

They gave us a $30 discount for August..one time deal.I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to wait ..odds are the cable company will get backed up the week before the opener..the antenna box might be a option..but that requires more remotes and another set of boxes...my wife hates all of that crap.

I didn't read all the reply, but to the op, if it comes time for pre season/regular season games and we (I don't have these channels either) still don't have CBS or fox, YouTube TV has local channels. It's 50 bux a month, but I'll spend it if I have to, to watch the bills and the games on fox. Just an option 

I tossed the Directv this Summer due to AT&T being awful to deal with and rates skyrocketing.

I have Hulu Live, Netflix, and Prime and have all I want.  Ill see what happens during NFL season, but I have the local network channels with Hulu Live  

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

They gave us a $30 discount for August..one time deal.I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to wait ..odds are the cable company will get backed up the week before the opener..the antenna box might be a option..but that requires more remotes and another set of boxes...my wife hates all of that crap.

Directv needs to get the it shiz figured out. Been a loyal customer for 9 years and if u call and ask them about these blackouts, it's a lot of "were working as hard as we can" 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

Directv needs to get the it shiz figured out. Been a loyal customer for 9 years and if u call and ask them about these blackouts, it's a lot of "were working as hard as we can" 

I gave up calling them every year for my $30 discounts, it was such a pain.  I hate giving them $120/month, most of what's on TV is garbage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can get Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV.  All you have to do is show that you cant have satellite...this is SUPER easy if you rent as all you need to do is say that your landlord wont let you put the satellite up.  If you own, you can try and make a case that you dont have clean line of sight in the direction it needs to point in your area. Not sure how much they are checking into these things now a days, but it wasn't really hard to do before.  

You don't even have to "show it", you just put in your address and say you can't get it.

FWIW, I got the "auto-renewal" email for the ST Online and it was at a "great rate since I'm such a special customer" (that great rate was an increase of 10% over last year, WTF?).  So I called to cancel yesterday and got bounced between DTV proper and the DTST.TV number, for a while no one could figure it out.  One guy didn't even try.  Finally after getting the right person, the woman let me know I'm not scheduled for auto-renew.  Okaaaaaaay...

I did the math and it's like $17 a game, but when you factor in - two games against the Pats on local TV (blacked out on ST), I'll be AT the opener, I'll be on vacation for two weeks, I'll be back in the Buffalo area for the final game - I'm missing half the PPV season.  

It's been a while since I've NOT had ST Online, so we'll see how it goes.  Between the bars and that Red "It", I think I'll be ok.  And if not, I'll jump in mid-season and pay less (price goes down after every quarter)...

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1