DirecTv Sunday Ticket- Potential big issues

Beast

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

We lost NBC. When the British open was on last week I still could watch it on 702. So they can get around it if they want to.  Also the sports mix 205 has been showing NBC but its just a small box

since when are "small boxes" an issue for you?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Shirley, you jest!!!

Not unless he has a Syracuse Zip Code. 

I forgot to mention......    Do you have a "newer" TV?       Purchase a DIGITAL antenna for watching Local TV stations 

the digital transmissions in the Buffalo area do not have the range that the old analog signals did.  In the Buffalo area, the transmission towers are Buffalo and south, but I live in Niagara county (north)   I tried all the fancy antenna's, and they don't really work very well in Niagara County.  But, that problem is on the FCC, not the Directv types.  I have directv, and have intermittantly had Sunday ticket.   The loss of the CBS stations will cause us to go back to cable, or, maybe do the HULU hookup.  Might have to find a friend/fan game days......and, ultimately, since I have cable in the home for the internet, maybe just drop the satellite service.  Anyhow, lots of options...and, although I am a long time dt subscriber, I can drop them...as I am on zero contracts.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

What I don't understand is this happens once in awhile with cable, but seems like it's becoming a regular thing and for longer periods of time with DTV.

DTV has become a corporate behemoth, like Comcast, and is now living in the cable world where channel/provider feuds are commonplace.  I first got DTV in 2000 and there never seemed to be an issue like what some are experiencing with their local networks.  Fortunately, here in the DC area, so far, we've been sparred the re-transmission issue.

I'm throwing in the towel with DTV when my $60/month credit ends next month.  Barring a miracle, I'll be cancelling, but as many have reported, AT&T don't care.  They would rather have a collection of subscribers paying full boat, than a patchwork quilt of customers getting promotions, discounts, etc.  So, if that's their wish, so be it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Since I moved to a place for work I can’t get Direct TV, so the installer of my TV’s told me about a Canadian website that is legit costs $25 a month and you can get all the games.  I know not the best to watch on an I Pad, but it’s that or go to a freakin bar which I don’t want to do.

use the DirectTV website.   I can't get Direct TV where I live due to a house in front of me blocking the Sat reception (unless the satellite was put in our yard).  I've been able to get it online since I cannot get it otherwise.  

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, obviously they don’t give a *****. I went on their FB page and read comments that their customer service people are actually telling people to drop DirecTv if they are unhappy.

Since AT&T took over, that company has changed in a bad way.

This is spot on. I called to get my bill down, which I did, but their rep kept saying drop us if you want to. I’m not in a contract with them -in fact, I said I would try their cheaper bill for one month and then probably call to cancel. I’ve been a 21 year customer of direct tv and can’t believe how far they’ve sunk 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Shirley, you jest!!!

Not unless he has a Syracuse Zip Code. 

I forgot to mention......    Do you have a "newer" TV?       Purchase a DIGITAL antenna for watching Local TV stations 

I get that. 

I just don’t feel like switching between that and DirecTv.  I mean, who in hell wants to do that? 

The convenience of one remote is nice on Sunday’s.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GG said:

Only CBS-owned stations are blacked out on DrecTV and Uverse.   Sunday Ticket doesn’t show games that are on your local CBS feed, so the current blackout of CBS-owned stations shouldn’t affect Sunday Ticket games.  You won’t be able to watch the games on local CBS station on DTV, though.

They’ll resolve it soon anyway.

FOX has been blacked out since February.  I don't see how you think it will be resolved soon.

The problem if CBS goes out here is most Bills games are carried on the local CBS station here. 

Switching carriers doesn't necessarily solve anything because you can switch and that company can have a negotiation issue next.

You can get Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV.  All you have to do is show that you cant have satellite...this is SUPER easy if you rent as all you need to do is say that your landlord wont let you put the satellite up.  If you own, you can try and make a case that you dont have clean line of sight in the direction it needs to point in your area. Not sure how much they are checking into these things now a days, but it wasn't really hard to do before.  

Other option is, find a friend who does get the Sunday Ticket and then throw in the money to upgrade to the max+ version (or whatever its called) for like another $99 or whatever its priced so you can use the streaming version.  Then just use the Sunday Ticket app on like an AppleTV or something and watch from there.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can get Sunday Ticket without having DirecTV.  All you have to do is show that you cant have satellite...this is SUPER easy if you rent as all you need to do is say that your landlord wont let you put the satellite up.  If you own, you can try and make a case that you dont have clean line of sight in the direction it needs to point in your area. Not sure how much they are checking into these things now a days, but it wasn't really hard to do before.  

Other option is, find a friend who does get the Sunday Ticket and then throw in the money to upgrade to the max+ version (or whatever its called) for like another $99 or whatever its priced so you can use the streaming version.  Then just use the Sunday Ticket app on like an AppleTV or something and watch from there.  

A possible option is to say it's not permitted by your HOA

Edited by CBD

57 minutes ago, sabres431 said:

FOX has been blacked out since February.  I don't see how you think it will be resolved soon.

In which markets?  I'm not aware of any blackouts from February.  AT&T currently blocks CBS-owned and Nexstar local stations.

BTW, these transmission agreements are the biggest reason your cable bills are so high.

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Well, currently certain markets have lost FOX and CBS on DIRECTV. It has been on going for weeks now with no end in sight.

Are they negotiating?  I have never seen one of these fail to have a positive outcome.  This is standard with DTV....happens in all markets and usually in the summer.   Use it to your advantage and get a $60 discount per month for 12 months.