Meanwhile at Dolphins camp...

Am I reading this correctly that Josh "most-pro-ready" Rosen has NEVER HAD TO ID THE MLB before?  Are you kidding me?  Isn't that part of Quarterbacking 101?

Good god, I become happier with each passing day the Bills didn't draft that Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Am I reading this correctly that Josh "most-pro-ready" Rosen has NEVER HAD TO ID THE MLB before?  Are you kidding me?  Isn't that part of Quarterbacking 101?

Good god, I become happier with each passing day the Bills didn't draft that Josh.

Wish I could give you a 1000 thumbs up!

25 minutes ago, eball said:

The problem is, that for those of us who were 100% anti-rosen from the get-go, if he does bust horribly now, it will forever be because of the bad teams and the trade, and not have anything to do with him just being a bad QB to begin with... 

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't forget, kids. It's still too early to write off Josh Rosen.

Er, what's your Point?  It's axiomatic that when you run a "training camp battle" between a rookie or very young QB and a veteran, the veteran is gonna win it.  He sees more, he knows more about how to diagnose the D, he's gonna hit the "bunnies" (the gimme passes).

4 hours ago, eball said:

I read that too and I was like "Wait, WTF?"

4 hours ago, syhuang said:

ID middle LB quickly? Honest question, is it considered difficult in pro football due to different defensive formation, disguise, etc?

"43's the Mike! 43's the Mike!"

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's debatable because Fitz is almost never mediocre.  So if you happen to hit "bad Fitz" he's clearly worse.  If you happen to hit "good Fitz" he's clearly better.

I mean, yeah?  Career wise, Tanny's stats are a bit better than Fitz,  62.8 vs 60.1% completions, 1.6 vs 1.3 TD/INT, 24 more YPG

Then you get into arguing what personnel each of them had when blah blah -

Tannehill is consistently not quite bad enough to move on from, and not quite good enough to get you there

Fitz is Fool's Gold - he's bright and shiny and brilliant until he collapses and sucks.

Which is better?  I guess it's a matter of taste.

The way I look at it Fitz is a player you want on your team that you do not want to use too often. 

He is a gunslinger and he can get you out of trouble. It is better not to be in trouble in first place but if current QB cannot win game insert Fitz in and see if he can pull it off.

You need a strong QB coach who will keep him focused when chances are not warranted.

7 hours ago, teef said:

do you think there are posters on other boards that get bent out of shape when people make fun of the bills?   this may be tbd specific.  

I do not think so.  I think it is a symptom of Battered Bills Syndrome where the posters are afraid to admit they are no longer Bills fans rather than "just betting against Bills in fantasy pools or gambling to make money".

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I was wrong about rosen

That should be in your poster title (unless you believed before he was going to be a bust and now you believe he will be All Pro)

• Like (+1) 1

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/31/explaining-dolphins-qb-josh-rosens-modest-start-to-training-camp/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

If Rosen was our QB this article would be depressing to read.

Everything suddenly makes so much more sense. The Miami Dolphins entered training camp with the hope that quarterback Josh Rosen would accelerate his development and push veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick for the team’s starting quarterback job. And while that hasn’t materialized, we can at least start to make some sense of why.

Rosen’s first week of training camp in Miami could be described with modest progress, a gifted arm but slow decision making. Meanwhile, Fitzpatrick is playing like a man possessed — letting it rip and making quick decisions with the football.

The difference between the two? The speed of the decisions. And Josh Rosen helped us all to understand why when he was asked what he thought he’s done well thus far in camp.

“I think I’ve picked up on this ID’ing the middle linebacker,” said Rosen. “I’ve never had to make MIKE (LB) calls before. I think I’m starting to turn that a little bit into second nature, especially in the protection world. So I’m starting to be able to think a little less and play a little more.”

This is a huge revelation — because there is a ton of information at Rosen’s disposal as far as added responsibility before the snap in calling protections. With Rosen never having done this before, this considerably changes the expectations we as fans need to carry with Rosen. No wonder Rosen has been slow to make decisions — he’s figuring out a new offense and a foreign concept at the same time.

Consider this — Rosen had three offensive coordinators in three years at UCLA and two offensive coordinators last year with the Arizona Cardinals. And yet this is the first time anyone has ever given him any control of protection calls? That’s a pretty surprising fact about the quarterback many billed as the most “pro-ready” of the 2018 NFL Draft.

But it isn’t just protections. It’s everything. The Dolphins offense is sophisticated and requires a lot of checks, changes, identification of defenses and adjustments in the post-snap. It has been baptism by fire by Miami — they aren’t giving Rosen spoonfuls of information.

“It was kind of like drinking water from a firehose through OTAs,” said Rosen, who is still optimistic that he can find the control of this offense before things are all said and done. But, credit to Rosen, he knows that he’s not there yet.

“I think Coach’s offense is exciting because of how much power it gives in the quarterback’s hands. I haven’t been able to — I would say — to take complete advantage of it because I’m still kind of fighting against myself in certain moments, but to see (Fitzpatrick) and his ability to walk up to the line of scrimmage and damn near know exactly where everyone is and have the power in the offense to be able to change things, I’m looking forward to getting to that level and being able to have that control.”

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

How do you embed a tweet like that?

LOL

Once again .......  

on a PC look for and click on  More v

Copy Lint to Tweet 

Enter 

Enter 

(or  Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead)

From my iPhone - look at the bottom of the tweet click on  ^ 

Copy Lint to Tweet 

Enter 

Enter