Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Bills sign TE Kyle Carter

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

But most UDFAs with the off field thing would have been gone.

 

Only after the Bills investigation shows something is there. Still could be or could not be legit. He is a better player what is hurting keeping him at camp while it all plays out?

 

at end of day more likely than not of getting cut anyway in a couple weeks 

Edited by MAJBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MAJBobby said:

 

Only after the Bills investigation shows something is there. Still could be or could not be legit. He is a better player what is hurting keeping him at camp while it all plays out?

 

Exactly but you only do that if he is worth it. I said it the day after the draft and still say it (legal issue pending) Dodson is the UDFA with the best chance of cracking this roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Related image
Image result for Welcome back kotter gif
Edited by HOUSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foggie will end up signing with the Patriots and become a pro bowl TE, LB or RB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

you need to practice your sarcasm then.

he was practicing. duh.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McBean said:

Knox injury must not be good.

 

Bummer.


There's just no way to know this.

It could be that CROOM is going to be out for a while. Only Lee Smith and Tommy Sweeney remained at TE, and that's not enough to run practices.

It could also be that Knox is going to be out another week or two, so they signed Carter because they just need a camp body, and they know Knox won't be out long term.

One would think that if they felt Knox or Croom was going to be out for an extended period of time, they'd have signed someone more legitimate than Kyle Carter. Someone who would have a better chance at actually contributing to the offense in the regular season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carter is a move TE.  Mildly athletic with a decent frame.  With how they want to use the TE they need bodies to practice the formations.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

And 3 of their TE's are injured...

Arguably their top 3 TEs.  Nothing against Nate Decker, but why couldn't he have been one of those pulling a hammy?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

That's a picture of Foggie not Carter....

8 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This team has had TE problems for so damn long, getting old...

The Bills have never had a TE make a single ProBowl in the history of the franchise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That's a picture of Foggie not Carter....

The Bills have never had a TE make a single ProBowl in the history of the franchise.  

 

You are cherry picking as usual, to make snide, Bills bashing comments. The Bills are celebrating their 60th Anniversary this year. The current AFC-NFC Pro Bowl began in 1970 with the merger. Prior to that, the AFL had the annual All-Star Game. Ernie Warlick made the ASG for Bills 4X, from ‘62-‘65. Stop trolling or stop posting. Consider yourself warned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

 

You are cherry picking as usual, to make snide, Bills bashing comments. The Bills are celebrating their 60th Anniversary this year. The current AFC-NFC Pro Bowl began in 1970 with the merger. Prior to that, the AFL had the annual All-Star Game. Ernie Warlick made the ASG for Bills 4X, from ‘62-‘65. Stop trolling or stop posting. Consider yourself warned.

 

Meh. To me that is just you showing your age Chandler. 😀

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good player. Smart. Uses his intelligence a lot. Good hands. Good range. Gets after the ball and wins contested catches. Drives a Mustang and rates Airwolf re runs as a guilty pleasure. 

 

I have no idea who this man is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling TE is going to prove to be the roster spot that went terribly wrong in 2019. Daboll must be scrambling to rewrite those pages in the playbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many TEs have been on the roster for at least a day so far this off season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, McBean said:

Knox injury must not be good.

 

Bummer.

 

Funny thing.  My wife ran into some of Knox’s family this weekend while we were on vacation.  Buffalo came up and they asked what to do here since they were planning to come up.  When she asked why they said their son just got signed by the Bills and they wanted to see him play.  Also said that he had been in Cincy and is a TE.  Has to be Knox.  They seemed to think that the Bills are a big upgrade over the Bengals.  Nothing notable other than that except that she said they seemed nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

 

Funny thing.  My wife ran into some of Knox’s family this weekend while we were on vacation.  Buffalo came up and they asked what to do here since they were planning to come up.  When she asked why they said their son just got signed by the Bills and they wanted to see him play.  Also said that he had been in Cincy and is a TE.  Has to be Knox.  They seemed to think that the Bills are a big upgrade over the Bengals.  Nothing notable other than that except that she said they seemed nice. 

 

No, that is Tyler Kroft. The FA. Knox is Dawson Knox the draft pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

No, that is Tyler Kroft. The FA. Knox is Dawson Knox the draft pick. 

 

Crap. You’re right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HOUSE said:
Related image
Image result for Welcome back kotter gif

 

not to be a bummer ...

 

Half of the main cast has passed 

Gabe Kaplan  Mr Kotter - age 74 
Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs  Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington - age 65
John Travolta  Vinnie Barbarino  - age 65


Robert Hegyes (1951–2012) Juan Epstein
Ron Palillo (1971–2012) Arnold Horshack 
Marcia Strassman (1948–2014)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have a feeling TE is going to prove to be the roster spot that went terribly wrong in 2019. Daboll must be scrambling to rewrite those pages in the playbook.

The Bills have a thing with TE's.

 I would not cal l it a curse just yet.
But for some years Bills just had no need for one more than blocking. Then they got Clay who could get open in the seam and catch the ball.

till he could no longer run a cut route. That was year one as a Bill.

When they got rid of Smith i thought that was a mistake. when they got rid of Arnold Palmer, i thought that too was a mistake.
Thanks goodness they got Lee Smith back.

 But really it has been decades of not getting a TE to work out well for the Bills. for multiple reasons , and it is starting to freak me out. With Knox being a potential super solid guy. Kroft a #1 they paid well enough. Croom was serviceable and improving per coaches.

God Bless Sweeney. please !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...