Bills sign TE Kyle Carter

51 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

FOGGIES RESTAURANT: My late, grandfather, despised by his own family, with his Hitler stache, spent his 7th wife's entire retirement to purchase a Jewish owned, primarily Jewish patronized restaurant called Foggies. Idk actual dollars, but it was a lot to lose...closed down for good in under six months. 

They don't make matzah the way they used to.

46 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Not really, but I am glad you liked it! ... just something I have not thought about in years. LOL, sorry for the off topic LAMP, I guess. True story though. My bride was mortified when then old creep invaded our pre wedding dinner party.

Maybe Seasick Steve could write a song about it. ?

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Not heard any update. 

Of course. But they cut an UDFA linebacker and despite an off field issue Dodson remains. He is just such an obvious McDermott scheme fit..... I think he has a shot. 

Or it could just be Dodson is further ahead than Foggie was and they feel comfortable carrying him on the 90 at this point meaning I am sure they know a lot more about the legal issues than most 

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Or it could just be Dodson is further ahead than Foggie was and they feel comfortable carrying him on the 90 at this point meaning I am sure they know a lot more about the legal issues than most 

Of course if the legal thing goes south he could still be cut at any time. I just think it is interesting that an UDFA is getting so much benefit of the doubt. I think that has to be because they like what they see. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course if the legal thing goes south he could still be cut at any time. I just think it is interesting that an UDFA is getting so much benefit of the doubt. I think that has to be because they like what they see. 

He is better than the Other UDFA that they just cut. It is really that simple. 

With that said probably told Foggie to keep his phone on because IF something with the legal thing happens he would likely come right back. 

Or if the TEs get healthy he also might. 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But most UDFAs with the off field thing would have been gone.

Only after the Bills investigation shows something is there. Still could be or could not be legit. He is a better player what is hurting keeping him at camp while it all plays out?

at end of day more likely than not of getting cut anyway in a couple weeks 

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Only after the Bills investigation shows something is there. Still could be or could not be legit. He is a better player what is hurting keeping him at camp while it all plays out?

Exactly but you only do that if he is worth it. I said it the day after the draft and still say it (legal issue pending) Dodson is the UDFA with the best chance of cracking this roster. 

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Knox injury must not be good.

Bummer.

There's just no way to know this.

It could be that CROOM is going to be out for a while. Only Lee Smith and Tommy Sweeney remained at TE, and that's not enough to run practices.

It could also be that Knox is going to be out another week or two, so they signed Carter because they just need a camp body, and they know Knox won't be out long term.

One would think that if they felt Knox or Croom was going to be out for an extended period of time, they'd have signed someone more legitimate than Kyle Carter. Someone who would have a better chance at actually contributing to the offense in the regular season.

5 hours ago, MacGyver said:

And 3 of their TE's are injured...

Arguably their top 3 TEs.  Nothing against Nate Decker, but why couldn't he have been one of those pulling a hammy?