Bills v.s. Jets at the meadowlands?

Been to a lot of away games including multiple at NYJ.  If you behave yourself the chances of there being an issue are very small. 

If youre really concerned pony up for nicer seats. The more expensive the seat the less likely you are to have an issue. But I would not be worried myself. 

Edited by FluffHead

11 minutes ago, FluffHead said:

Been to a lot of away games including multiple at NYJ.  If you behave yourself the chances of there being an issue are very small. 

If youre really concerned pony up for nicer seats. The more expensive the seat the less likely you are to have an issue. But I would not be worried myself. 

Exactly. The better the seat, the less trouble. I have been to the last 4 or 5 Bills at Jets games. Many night affairs. We have always sat around the 30 yard line and basically no issues. No matter where you go, you will get a wise guy once in a while. 

Before the game in the parking lot, it has always been cordial wherever I have seen an away game - Jets included. After the game, leave and don't look to mingle.  

To put it in perspective - Would you recommend someone go to a Bills home game wearing the other team colors and sit in the end zone? 

I will never go to another Jets game at the Meadowlands. Ahole Jets fans bothering mellow Bills fans.

Maybe Giants fans are better so can’t say for sure whether I would attend another Bills game at the Meadowlands.

16 hours ago, Bills365 said:

How rowdy does it get at the meadowlands?They have a bus tour right now for the Bill's vs jets opening day. I have been to many Bill's games in the past but I have never been to an opposing stadium.

The reason I ask is I would love to buy a good friend a ticket and go together as he has just successfully completed a year after bone marrow for leukemia. I just dont want to do it if he is going to be uncomfortable. 

The two Bill's vs jets games I've been to in buffalo were pretty wild and alot of fights which wouldnt bother me normally. but I'd hate to subject him to that with his circumstances.

I know I guy who got kicked up of a Bills/Jets game.  He stole the hat off the head of a young Jets fan and was verbally abusing him.  Rather than eject him from the game the dude was moved to a better seat, hence kicked up not kicked out.

I agree with the poster who said Bills fans are rowdier.  My experience has been that Jets fans are tamer and not a problem.  They're New York City obnoxious, like Yankee fans, but that's just NYC.  

17 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I was going to go, but I decided to go to the Giants game the next week instead, on the advice of several Jets and Giants fans. 

Same here, I've been to 5-6 Jets games down here, the fans remind me of immature spoiled brats, who once they start drinking, the wheels come off and they become total loudmouth cretins. It doesnt matter if the Jets are getting their tails whipped, they have an excuse. If thier team is winning, they are convinced that it is the begining  of their Super Bowl run,. They are generally asshats.  Giants fans seem a bit more seasoned, they have been through great years and not so great years, they understand the building process and how a team is built, it takes patience. 

22 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I was going to go, but I decided to go to the Giants game the next week instead, on the advice of several Jets and Giants fans. 

I'm going to both games.  1st game is a bus trip mixed with Jets & Bills fans.  2nd one I'm driving down because the guy I'm going to the game with lives about 50 miles from the stadium & he's not coming up here to take a bus trip.  

Years ago we had a guy at work who had Jets season tickets 1 row from the top of the stadium.  I'd buy 2 seats from him & go with a friend to the Bills games.  The 1st time I got to the seats I noticed there was an empty space behind us that was where the Jets placed a security guard.  It was the safest place in the stadium to be a fan of the Jets opponent.