Bills v.s. Jets at the meadowlands?

How rowdy does it get at the meadowlands?They have a bus tour right now for the Bill's vs jets opening day. I have been to many Bill's games in the past but I have never been to an opposing stadium.

The reason I ask is I would love to buy a good friend a ticket and go together as he has just successfully completed a year after bone marrow for leukemia. I just dont want to do it if he is going to be uncomfortable. 

The two Bill's vs jets games I've been to in buffalo were pretty wild and alot of fights which wouldnt bother me normally. but I'd hate to subject him to that with his circumstances.

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I've been three times. Only once did our group have to deal with drunk, underage Jets fan a--holes.

I've been once and it was a miserable experience.

Edit: @GG in the stands, not in the lots ;)

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Sad 1

Jets' fans at home are obnoxious drunk disrespectful morons. And those are their redeeming qualities ?.

Over the years I've been to several games wearing my Bills jersey and have had a few things said but never over the line, but close enough. If the line is crossed, I would have no qualms dealing with them appropriately. That said, not sure it would be a good place to take your friend given his situation unless you go without wearing the colors. Just my 2 cents.

I have gone to a lot of jets games, the only real bad time is a night game when the drunk quotient is real high. Beyind that very few issues.

Now Giants fans are tame compare to Jets fans.

The worst thing about jets games is that constant moronic chant J E T S  Jets Jets

To be brutally honest, Bills fans are 2x-3x more obnoxious than Jets fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

How rowdy does it get at the meadowlands?They have a bus tour right now for the Bill's vs jets opening day. I have been to many Bill's games in the past but I have never been to an opposing stadium.

The reason I ask is I would love to buy a good friend a ticket and go together as he has just successfully completed a year after bone marrow for leukemia. I just dont want to do it if he is going to be uncomfortable. 

The two Bill's vs jets games I've been to in buffalo were pretty wild and alot of fights which wouldnt bother me normally. but I'd hate to subject him to that with his circumstances.

Great news for your friend, that must be a relief. Maybe ask him to ask his oncologist if it's safe to be exposed to that many people at once. Have fun if you go!

Jets fans are pretty obnoxious and drunk.  I moved near MetLife 5 years ago and go to all of the Bills vs Jets games here.  The Bills Backers groups in NYC and north Jersey throw a great tailgate.  Bills fans take over a big part of a parking lot.  If you end up going to the game, make sure you get in touch with some of the local fans to find out where the Bills fans will be tailgating!  

I went last year to the 41-10 route and actually had a great time. Had large groups of Jets fans tailgating all around us but they were all friendly. A few even joined in and played some rounds on my Bills cornhole boards.  I thought the fans in the stands were respectful as well. No one gave us a hard time even with me screaming the shout song after what seemed like every other play. Even took turns buying a round of drinks for my fiance and two older Jets fans who were sitting behind us.

I'm born and raised in North Jersey . Been going to the Meadowlands with my buddies since I'm 18 , 10 years . I guess cause we roll pretty deep and I'm literally the only Bills fan in the group , I've never had issues but have seen other fans get into it. 

The tailgating is nowhere near Orchard Park. Hey fans seem to cause alot of issues in the stands, I've actually approached two groups , with my buddy Jet fans and told them they're with us and they laid off. 

I'll be there week 1 & 2 if anyone has questions, want to meet up or have any Bills tailgating sessions please hmu!

10 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

I was going to go, but I decided to go to the Giants game the next week instead, on the advice of several Jets and Giants fans. 

That's definitely the better choice of the two. Giants fans are much more hospitable.

Friends don’t take friends to New Jersey.  ?

Just kidding (mostly). I don’t have any experience attending a game there, but it certainly is an awesome gesture on your part, even if it never occurs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Considering I almost pummeled a Jets fan into dust at a Bills HOME game for spitting on fans sitting around him (including women and kids), I shudder to think how they act amongst their own, fellow chuds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

If you see a dollar bill lying there on the concourse, do not stop and bend down to pick it up

Lol!! I saw some poor sap get spit on from above a while back. Bunch of AHoles...

I went to a Jets and Giants game there the same year quite a few years back. The two are like night and day. Giants fans are generally older and more refined and don't mind holding a civil, banter filled conversation. Jets fans are just the worst.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I have been to the games at the Meadowlands the last three years including the Thursday night game and I was wearing Bills' colors.

Each time the Jets fans obviously got into a back and forth dialogue but it was all good.  I found them friendly and Jets fans bought my son-in-law and I a round of beer at the night game.

The cool thing is the train lets you off right at the stadium.

Now, perhaps it was my age or the fact that I interacted positively with Jets fans but absolutely no problems unless you can't take good natured rivalry teasing.

Debating doing both the Jets and Giants games this year.

I go to around 3 away games per year.....the Meadowlands for the Jets is one I avoid. I have been to 5 games and I have left there smelling like old beer every time but once - the time I wore a green sweetshirt.

• Sad 1