Trent Williams

Nah. Wouldn’t not give up the picks and a contract the size he wants. 

Ty started for them when he got hurt and was fine. 

But guess this this is just another way for those that want Dawkins at OG to try and get him there. 

Guess they are ignoring how how he looks so far at LT this year next to legit OGs. 

To be honest the same people that likely want Dawkins at OG are the same ones that wanted Glenn there 

So many reasons not to trade for Williams.  First, is you invested a 2nd round pick in Dawkins to be, apparently, your LT.  Pushing your drafted players down the (edit: depth) chart on team-friendly contracts in favor of a 10th year veteran getting paid big dollars is not a solid idea.

And then there's compensation.  People throw 3rd round picks around here like they're nothing.  All for a guy who has a lot of mileage on him. 

Sometimes I think fans here think NFL teams are built like their fantasy roster.  With random and out of left-field strategy.

Edited by BillsVet

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

So many reasons not to trade for Williams.  First, is you invested a 2nd round pick in Dawkins to be, apparently, your LT.  Pushing your drafted players down the (edit: depth) chart on team-friendly contracts in favor of a 10th year veteran getting paid big dollars is not a solid idea.

And then there's compensation.  People throw 3rd round picks around here like they're nothing.  All for a guy who has a lot of mileage on him. 

Sometimes I think fans here think NFL teams are built like their fantasy roster.  With random and out of left-field strategy.

He's taking a few reps at Guard I see.  

Morse doesn't seem 100 percent and needs another "maintenance" day.

I'm all in go get him and you kick Dawkins to Guard.  Dawkins hasn't done anything yet to say I'm your franchise LT.  I'm hopeful sure.

But I'm also insane enough to think this team can be playing a home playoff game in January so I'll do whatever it takes to upgrade without giving to much.  William's is still a pro bowl LT.  

When the Jets get him they'll be a lot of fans ticked we missed out.  

On 7/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Redskins would be dumb to trade him. I know he hates them but money talks. They just need to pay him, gotta protect the Dwayne train.

He's a tremendous player but his durability has been going down. His knees have been worked on so much that they are at a bone on bone level. According to him and his reps his disgruntlement is centered around how the medical staff has mishandled him, and he also has issues with Allen, the GM.  

Is money really the center of his holdout? I'm not sure. But the reality of this harsh business is that he knows that he is on the backside of his career and that he wants to maximize his earnings before he departs the game. Again, he is one of the best in the business and a respected leader on his team. For where the Bills are at in their development he wouldn't be a smart acquisition for us. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to WEEI today talking about trading for TW. Right now they are strapped because Brady won't agree to an extension.

If anything a Brady extension would free up cap space.

I think both sides are ok with a year to year contract at this point.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

If anything a Brady extension would free up cap space.

I think both sides are ok with a year to year contract at this point.

That's the point. Pats need some cap relief. A Brady extension would help that out. But Brady is resisting, apparently happy with year to year deals.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Rc2catch said:

With all his injuries he’s an old 30 something now. Hate to trade for an older tackle who is super expensive and injured a ton. I don’t follow the redskins much and am too lazy to google but I know the last couple years Trent is always hurt missing games or playing half games or still playing hurt 

Doesnt strike me as a team guy, but Im sure there are things we dont know.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 7/29/2019 at 3:16 PM, elijah said:

I would love to add Trent to the offensive line but I don’t think McBeane see a spot for Williams. 

It’s early in training camp, but seems to me that they believe in Dawkins and Ford as our offensive tackles.  It would be very easy to slide Ford to guard and insert Nsehke at right tackle, but they haven’t even tinkered with the idea yet and this speaks to me. 

I like the idea idea and would do it myself, but bottom line it seems that Ford and Dawkins are the offensive tackles this year and they may be all but set on that. 

If McBeane believe in Ford and Dawkins then there’s no reason to waste a future third or fourth round pick on Williams.  We’ve got a new regime and new scouts now, those later picks have more value to us than they used too. 

Unfortunately in the past I think the later picks worked out better than the early ones.?

Dawkins is one of the only players to at least play at a mid/high level with Castillo as his coach. I am expecting Dawkin to have a break out season this year and be one of the most improved players. 

Trent Williams is a great player but I think his age/contract/durability are huge hurdles for any team to get a deal done.

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to WEEI today talking about trading for TW. Right now they are strapped because Brady won't agree to an extension.

If I'm Brady I want to keep being paid under the table and also be the highest paid QB in the NFL, which he should be.

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I'm Brady I want to keep being paid under the table and also be the highest paid QB in the NFL, which he should be.

• 3 weeks later...