Trent Williams

If healthy, shouldn't we be big time on this?  

This is a border hall of fame LT.  I don't see how the cap should be an issue either.  Similar situation with AB but maybe a better likelihood he still does report.  But if not they'll have to accept the best lowest offer.  The Jets will likely be in and maybe Cleveland.

Oline:

Trent--Dawkins--Morse--Spain--Ford

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why trade a young good player on a rookie deal for an older expensive player who is closer to retirement?

We shouldn't have to trade a good young player.

However I'd only go as high as a 3rd rounder.  If the Jets offer a 2nd whatever.  Not sure I'd do that.  

With all his injuries he’s an old 30 something now. Hate to trade for an older tackle who is super expensive and injured a ton. I don’t follow the redskins much and am too lazy to google but I know the last couple years Trent is always hurt missing games or playing half games or still playing hurt 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

With all his injuries he’s an old 30 something now. Hate to trade for an older tackle who is super expensive and injured a ton. I don’t follow the redskins much and am too lazy to google but I know the last couple years Trent is always hurt missing games or playing half games or still playing hurt 

We signed the guy who actually played left tackle for them, and he's currently not starting.

• Thank you (+1) 3

I wouldn't hate adding Trent, but honestly, my preference is to stay the course.

1. Dawkins had a good rookie year playing on a more talented OL before struggling with scrubs around him in year 2.  All signs thus far point to him having a strong camp and looking like he is going to anchor that tackle spot down.
  2. Ty Nsheke is still here and I think he is better than some realize and only didnt start in Washington because of a guy like Trent ahead of him.  He is very good insurance if Dawkins starts to slip.  
  3. Our OL group is deep and talented.  

No denying the quality player Trent has been, but at this point, I think our OL is in really good shape and I would rather give our young promising tackle Dawkins the chance to show last year was a fluke due to lack of talent on the line overall and that he can be our guy moving forward.  And worst case, he could slide inside or to a backup role and put in Ty if Dawkins doesnt rise to the occasion.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t see it. I think Beane and McDermott feel they did the upgrades to the oline in FA and draft. I tend to agree with them barring a string of injuries. Beane seems to take a methodical approach to a position group. Addressing areas with a player and a backup player with potential as well. Tackle looks pretty solid. 

I would love to add Trent to the offensive line but I don’t think McBeane see a spot for Williams. 

It’s early in training camp, but seems to me that they believe in Dawkins and Ford as our offensive tackles.  It would be very easy to slide Ford to guard and insert Nsehke at right tackle, but they haven’t even tinkered with the idea yet and this speaks to me. 

I like the idea idea and would do it myself, but bottom line it seems that Ford and Dawkins are the offensive tackles this year and they may be all but set on that. 

If McBeane believe in Ford and Dawkins then there’s no reason to waste a future third or fourth round pick on Williams.  We’ve got a new regime and new scouts now, those later picks have more value to us than they used too. 

He would be the best player on the team when healthy.

He plays at a premium position, one that we have a question about based on last season.

He has a problem with the team that many players have had issue with (medical), and plenty of former Skins can vouch for this team's facilities.

I would trade Dawkins to them and pay Trent, if I had a say.  You don't find guys like him available...I would at least be on the phone with Bruce Allen and Doug Williams to see where it's at.  They will become desperate to get someone at some point if this continues, Dawkins would be great for them compared to a Trent Williams that won't play there.

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

It's weird to finally be in the position, after 20 years, to look at "i've heard of him" type free agents and to be able to say nah

Yea.  That's what an elite front office has brought here. This is a DEEP team up and down , especially OL . 

And i love how these positional groups have a nice mix of vets and young guys. We're legit contenders imo. I doubt Beane and Co have any interest in Trent 

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wouldn't hate adding Trent, but honestly, my preference is to stay the course.

1. Dawkins had a good rookie year playing on a more talented OL before struggling with scrubs around him in year 2.  All signs thus far point to him having a strong camp and looking like he is going to anchor that tackle spot down.
  2. Ty Nsheke is still here and I think he is better than some realize and only didnt start in Washington because of a guy like Trent ahead of him.  He is very good insurance if Dawkins starts to slip.  
  3. Our OL group is deep and talented.  

No denying the quality player Trent has been, but at this point, I think our OL is in really good shape and I would rather give our young promising tackle Dawkins the chance to show last year was a fluke due to lack of talent on the line overall and that he can be our guy moving forward.  And worst case, he could slide inside or to a backup role and put in Ty if Dawkins doesnt rise to the occasion.  

I am with this. Love Trent so wouldn't hate it but I think the Bills need to find out this year if Dion is the long term answer at LT

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Aireskoi said:

He would be the best player on the team when healthy.

He plays at a premium position, one that we have a question about based on last season.

He has a problem with the team that many players have had issue with (medical), and plenty of former Skins can vouch for this team's facilities.

I would trade Dawkins to them and pay Trent, if I had a say.  You don't find guys like him available...I would at least be on the phone with Bruce Allen and Doug Williams to see where it's at.  They will become desperate to get someone at some point if this continues, Dawkins would be great for them compared to a Trent Williams that won't play there.

No way would I trade dawkins for him...holy bananas batman. 

He may be better than Dawkins, but add on the new contract, injury history and now 30...I'd hope Dawkins can bounce back or play Ty who filled for williams...

Edited by jeremy2020