My WR ranking through Week 1 of Camp.

6 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You must listen to Sal Capaccio because his order was identical.  I don’t think that they keep 7 WR’s.  I am thinking 6, and spot #6 is going to be a dog fight.

One thing to keep in mind on Stills?  They featured him on their web series and showed how the team gave him a full-court press and the maximum UFA contract to sign.  As long as he doesn’t have a terrible preseason, I think there’s a good chance he gets the nod over McKenzie or Williams.  

No haven’t listened to WGR 

I do agree with you on Sills and Williams (if it is close) I think Sills makes the team and Duke is cut (hoping to slide him to PS). 

Based on Embedded there was a Market for Sills. Unless he pukes all over himself I don’t think he makes it to the PS. 

I dont agree with McKenzie this as they are different Skill sets. That’s why I said It will come down to McCloud or McKenzie in my opinion. 

Depending On the injury situation come cut time and based on looking at the Offense when I was there I could very well see them take 7 WRs into the season. Just that 7th WR has to offer ST capability as well. Because Andre Roberts IMO is going to contribute in the WR rotation at this point. Because he Looks like he did early in his career at AZ.  Has run good crisp routes. 

Really the unknown becomes as camp progresses if a desperate team comes knocking for Zay. Though he has improved from last year I think the offense doesn’t get hurt if he is Moved for say a nice pick or even maybe a TE?  

Same with what I saw on the OL we are going to have players I think we can move for picks or player for player before actually having to cut them. 

From what I saw Position groups that have the ability to grab picks from or player help from later in camp are OL, WR (feels weird typing those two Position groups in this context) and DBs. 

Granted all that that said it has been one week with two padded practices to date. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do not get the Ray Ray love.  He wasn’t even that good in college; is small and kinda slow; and thinks he is way better than he actually is.  This dude could be found on waivers at any point during the year.  

What I saw is he looked a lot better getting off the line and gaining separation at the top of the routes. Though McKenzie drops showing up have helped McCloud as much as McCloud has helped himself. 

More I think about it I probably should have put Duke Williams up a Tier because as of right now if the Bills had to make all the cuts I think (and probably still will) with that last WR spot do they want Size or the shifty slot guy. 

Size - Duke gets in (much higher than Sills at this point IMO)

Shifty guy and I am going with McCloud at this point. 

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But so far by all accounts Sills has looked totally lost in camp. The Cover 1 guys were pretty brutal the other day. They had him ranked last of the receivers. 

Gunner, could you point me at this?  Linky? 

I thought I listened to an entire piece where they were discussing receivers but I missed this.  Maybe I left before the end

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Gunner, could you point me at this?  Linky? 

I thought I listened to an entire piece where they were discussing receivers but I missed this.  Maybe I left before the end

Think it was Saturday... but all the days roll into one. I'll try and dig the link out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to keep 7 as well, and drop a FB or RB.  I think can go with McCoy, Gore and The Rook and that is it in the backfield.  and go with 7 WRs

I was intrigued by the Yeldon signing, but I agree, I would rather cut him than the 7th receiver. Shady, Gore, and Singletary should be more than adequate in the backfield and I'd like to keep one of Perry or DiMarco for special teams play. 

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you basing this on attending all the Training Camp practices and watching yourself or reading tweets and Training Camp reports?

He has answered this twice.... he has been himself to one day and had friends at all the other days so it is a combination of his eyes and the eyes of those he trusts. 

11 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

One thing to keep in mind on Stills?  They featured him on their web series and showed how the team gave him a full-court press and the maximum UFA contract to sign.  As long as he doesn’t have a terrible preseason, I think there’s a good chance he gets the nod over McKenzie or Williams.  

Just because it makes for entertaining TV/web serires doesn't mean that's what the coaches or GM are thinking, at all. A show producer is looking for interesting stories that can generate views not who the Bills prefer at WR.  Lots of guys were probably a priority but they wanted to show you the viewer how the UDFA process works which then makes you think he's a bigger part of their plans than he really is. There have been plenty of those same kind of stories shown on Hard Knocks and those guys have ended up out of the league.

Also, you don't know what kind of "full-court press" they put into getting any of the other WRs that are on the bubble, you are just going on what you've been allowed to see.

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m thinking Ray Ray, Duke, and Sills are the ones competing for the last two spots, one of them will end up on the PS, jmo. Yeah, i’m Thinking 7 in that room, (not like I haven’t been wrong before though) we shall see.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

I’m thinking Ray Ray, Duke, and Sills are the ones competing for the last two spots, one of them will end up on the PS, jmo. Yeah, i’m Thinking 7 in that room, (not like I haven’t been wrong before though) we shall see.

Go Bills!!!

I think Sills has a long, long way to go, Duke too. I think it is Ray-Ray, then McKenzie, then Cam Phllips based on reported snaps with the 1s. 

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Sills has a long, long way to go, Duke too. I think it is Ray-Ray, then McKenzie, then Cam Phllips based on reported snaps with the 1s. 

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You are probably right, still a lot of TC to go yet.

Go Bills!!!

On 7/29/2019 at 12:05 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been consistently reported that the order of snaps in RB practice is McCoy, Gore, Singletary.  He's done well, but he's a long way from beating out McCoy.

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard much from Yeldon. He caught 55 passes last year. The Bills are stacked at RB, although two of them are pretty old. 

9 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Just because it makes for entertaining TV/web serires doesn't mean that's what the coaches or GM are thinking, at all. A show producer is looking for interesting stories that can generate views not who the Bills prefer at WR.  Lots of guys were probably a priority but they wanted to show you the viewer how the UDFA process works which then makes you think he's a bigger part of their plans than he really is. There have been plenty of those same kind of stories shown on Hard Knocks and those guys have ended up out of the league.

Also, you don't know what kind of "full-court press" they put into getting any of the other WRs that are on the bubble, you are just going on what you've been allowed to see.

The difference is that The Bills organization ...not HBO is putting out Embedded.  PSE approves everything that we see and hear and might even work with the team to focus on certain ideas.  

That’s why there were cameras in the war room, and we didn’t see times when a players they wanted to draft was removed from the board.  The Embedded edit made it look like the Bills got every player they wanted - it probably didn’t happen that way.  

Do you really think that Terry Pegula calls every undrafted free agent (on camera) ?  Do you think Brandon Beane offers the highest salary to a rookie RFA’s agent (on camera)?  Do you think that starting QB’s recruit every UFA?  Probably not, but not only did this happen with Stills but it made the final cut.  

Also if this was more random, why would the Bills elect to share this footage?  It would eliminate any chance of sneaking him on the practice squad.  There’s a reason why they elected to go with this story. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:58 AM, CommonCents said:

Still can’t accept Hakeem Butler not being on this roster.  The Bills won’t be the only team regretting that one. 

Your list looks accurate though. 

And per NFL network today, Butler and Isabella are losing reps to a 6th rd pick

6) KeeSean Johnson, wide receiver, Arizona Cardinals: There have been some whispers in Arizona as to whether rookies Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler are truly ready to make an early impact. That's why the positive buzz around this sixth-round pick is notable. Johnson, not Isabella or Butler, is the only rookie already seeing some first-team reps for a squad that wants to play four wideouts consistently.