My WR ranking through Week 1 of Camp.

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tier 1 - clearly locked at this point. 

Brown - Best WR at camp. Making plays every day. Knew he had speed am pleasantly surprised with how good he is all over the field. 

Beasley - Chemistry starting to build with the Injury pre camp. However is turning into Josh’s go to guy when needs an easy completion or third down. 

Zay Jones - So far clearly stepped his game up this year. And right now slides into the top 3. Looks a lot different on the field right now. 

Tier 2. - likely locked on roster. 

Robert Foster - was called out in practice. Clearly trying to push those buttons to get him to adapt and improve. However does flash just wish he did it consistently and grow from end of last season. To this point I think he has taken a small step back but a lot of time to get back there. 

Andre Roberts - we knew he was making the team as a All Pro returner. However he is looking like he did when he first came into the league. And I think his WR skills impressing people enough to see he isn’t just a returner at this point and unlike our other ST WRs in past looks to contribute on Offense as well. 

Tier 3 - batting for final Spot at this point. (Only going to keep one with either 6 or 7 in my build because similar skill sets) 

Ray Ray McCloud - clearly stepped up to this point in camp and bears McKenzie at this point. Read about how much extra work he is putting in and it is clearly moving over to the field. Clearly at this point night and day from where he was last year. (Beats out McKenzie at this point for 6th IMO at this point). 

Isaiah McKenzie - he has struggled to this point at camp. And in my rankings has fallen behind McCloud. Needs to step up. Right now on outside looking in. 

Tier 4 - outside looking in (everyone else). 

Duke Williams - top of this tier because he has flashed a couple times. Offers good blocking outside (similar to Robert Woods) also has size and play style to help this team. (Makes the team at this point if they keep 7). 

Cam Phillips - looks very explosive. And has flashed a couple times a practice. Clearly on the rise. Still has to be more consistent and keep working because right now he is still on outside (but likely lands on PS if eligible). 

David Sills - UDFA struggling at this point. (To he expected). My worry about him though is if he gets released he never makes it to the PS because of his UDFA market he had post draft.  But is struggling. 

Bolden and Easily - right now not even worth mentioning not close to making the team. 

Good list and analysis.  I agree pretty much with what you said here.  

I would personally add Duke into Tier 3 with Ray Ray and McKenzie, but thats just nit picking.  The main reason is that up to this point, he hasn't been able to play at his strength of his game, and thats the physical part.  I think with pads on and preseason coming he will now have more chances to show his game more.  Shorts and no real contact always helps the speedy guys look better, so while I have liked the positive reports on guys like Ray Ray, I remain reserved on the optimism until I can see them having success in full contact where they can be pressed or chipped at the line.  And guys like Duke aren't going to look as good in drills where speed is the biggest factor because we aren't going full steam on contact.  

But like I said, thats just a minor nit pick there, overall good post and wouldn't really change much else.  

Are we all assuming 6 WRs are ultimately kept? We'll see how it translates to the preseason games, but it sounds like Ray Ray is making a decently strong push to be the backup slot man behind Beasley (unless Daboll views Zay as the backup slot). If we only kept 5 for whatever reason, I'd guess it would be Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Ray-Ray, and one of Zay/Foster.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Astro said in his Day 4 notes - well, here:
Kick Return practice was all The Andre Roberts Show. Like it or not, he’s on the team as the WR#6/KR#1. Some key special teamers out there were Pat DiMarco, Stanford, Sweeney, Isaiah McKenzie, and my man Nick Easley. Players reaching Roberts first were Easley, RayRay, and McKenzie.

So evidently they are being used and reaching the KR in gunner practice, but to be determined what their comfort level may be with that role.

Its hard to be active on gameday as a depth receiver if you don't play teams.  

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Are we all assuming 6 WRs are ultimately kept? We'll see how it translates to the preseason games, but it sounds like Ray Ray is making a decently strong push to be the backup slot man behind Beasley (unless Daboll views Zay as the backup slot). If we only kept 5 for whatever reason, I'd guess it would be Brown, Beasley, Roberts, Ray-Ray, and one of Zay/Foster.

i'm going with brown and foster on the outside together. i think it would be a waste of either to not have the other opposite. that being said....

brown/beasley/ jones/foster/roberts and the duke....sills makes it 7. that would be a very solid group.

Im confused...this was a WR list and theres all this talk about running backs and TE's in the responses to it.  Lol, TSW and its ADHD cant handle a thread staying on one topic haha :nana:

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Kolby Listenbee lite your candle for two off-seasons without ever playing a game. Don’t be so critical. 

Tell me how a just drafted 3rd round player yet to play a down in the NFL is even in the same realm as a late round WR who was on the IR for two years then released

Go ahead....I will wait

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Tell me how a just drafted 3rd round player yet to play a down in the NFL is even in the same realm as a late round WR who was on the IR for two years then released

Go ahead....I will wait

Clearly that comment was directed at your GM comment. Sweeney will win that job. 

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Good list and analysis.  I agree pretty much with what you said here.  

I would personally add Duke into Tier 3 with Ray Ray and McKenzie, but thats just nit picking.  The main reason is that up to this point, he hasn't been able to play at his strength of his game, and thats the physical part.  I think with pads on and preseason coming he will now have more chances to show his game more.  Shorts and no real contact always helps the speedy guys look better, so while I have liked the positive reports on guys like Ray Ray, I remain reserved on the optimism until I can see them having success in full contact where they can be pressed or chipped at the line.  And guys like Duke aren't going to look as good in drills where speed is the biggest factor because we aren't going full steam on contact.  

But like I said, thats just a minor nit pick there, overall good post and wouldn't really change much else.  

I completely understand and TBH he was much lower on the list until the pads came on and then has started to climb. I think he will continue to climb as well the more reps in Pads we have. 

I do do anticipate lots of movement from Tier 2 down. Not really anticipating anyone dropping out of the Tier 1 but someone may get added into it. I am looking at strictly WR aspect and not the others like gunner or return man. But do have to factor that into roster opportunities. I do hear you though on Duke and others 

3 hours ago, AllensBigBalls said:

It's a bit sad to see Foster taking a step back. 

I don't know if it's so much he's taking a step back, as the bar is higher for him now.  They want him to develop into a complete WR, one who knows where to line up on different plays and not just a "go" route guy, is my impression. 

• Like (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if it's so much he's taking a step back, as the bar is higher for him now.  They want him to develop into a complete WR, one who knows where to line up on different plays and not just a "go" route guy, is my impression. 

Great answer, perfectly stated.

• Like (+1) 3

Good spot for Ray Ray.  He's been having a good camp.  Lots of times it's about opportunity.  Ray Ray has been getting lots of opportunity being a draft choice from 2018.  He's making the most of it.  I don't know that Nick Easley has been terrible, or even bad.  I just don't think he's had much opportunity  because the guys ahead of him have not crapped their pants (to use a Bruce Arians euphemism) and the Bills want to give them the reps they need to get better.

Edited by TigerJ

One would think we keep 7 if we intend to play spread and DiMarco could be replaced by an H Back. I’m guessing Lee Smith could be it. He certainly could be used as an I form FB if that won’t be a primary set.

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tier 1 - clearly locked at this point. 

Brown - Best WR at camp. Making plays every day. Knew he had speed am pleasantly surprised with how good he is all over the field. 

Beasley - Chemistry starting to build with the Injury pre camp. However is turning into Josh’s go to guy when needs an easy completion or third down. 

Zay Jones - So far clearly stepped his game up this year. And right now slides into the top 3. Looks a lot different on the field right now. 

Tier 2. - likely locked on roster. 

Robert Foster - was called out in practice. Clearly trying to push those buttons to get him to adapt and improve. However does flash just wish he did it consistently and grow from end of last season. To this point I think he has taken a small step back but a lot of time to get back there. 

Andre Roberts - we knew he was making the team as a All Pro returner. However he is looking like he did when he first came into the league. And I think his WR skills impressing people enough to see he isn’t just a returner at this point and unlike our other ST WRs in past looks to contribute on Offense as well. 

Tier 3 - batting for final Spot at this point. (Only going to keep one with either 6 or 7 in my build because similar skill sets) 

Ray Ray McCloud - clearly stepped up to this point in camp and bears McKenzie at this point. Read about how much extra work he is putting in and it is clearly moving over to the field. Clearly at this point night and day from where he was last year. (Beats out McKenzie at this point for 6th IMO at this point). 

Isaiah McKenzie - he has struggled to this point at camp. And in my rankings has fallen behind McCloud. Needs to step up. Right now on outside looking in. 

Tier 4 - outside looking in (everyone else). 

Duke Williams - top of this tier because he has flashed a couple times. Offers good blocking outside (similar to Robert Woods) also has size and play style to help this team. (Makes the team at this point if they keep 7). 

Cam Phillips - looks very explosive. And has flashed a couple times a practice. Clearly on the rise. Still has to be more consistent and keep working because right now he is still on outside (but likely lands on PS if eligible). 

David Sills - UDFA struggling at this point. (To he expected). My worry about him though is if he gets released he never makes it to the PS because of his UDFA market he had post draft.  But is struggling. 

Bolden and Easily - right now not even worth mentioning not close to making the team. 

You must listen to Sal Capaccio because his order was identical.  I don’t think that they keep 7 WR’s.  I am thinking 6, and spot #6 is going to be a dog fight.

One thing to keep in mind on Stills?  They featured him on their web series and showed how the team gave him a full-court press and the maximum UFA contract to sign.  As long as he doesn’t have a terrible preseason, I think there’s a good chance he gets the nod over McKenzie or Williams.  

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You must listen to Sal Capaccio because his order was identical.  I don’t think that they keep 7 WR’s.  I am thinking 6, and spot #6 is going to be a dog fight.

One thing to keep in mind on Stills?  They featured him on their web series and showed how the team gave him a full-court press and the maximum UFA contract to sign.  As long as he doesn’t have a terrible preseason, I think there’s a good chance he gets the nod over McKenzie or Williams.  

But so far by all accounts Sills has looked totally lost in camp. The Cover 1 guys were pretty brutal the other day. They had him ranked last of the receivers. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do not get the Ray Ray love.  He wasn’t even that good in college; is small and kinda slow; and thinks he is way better than he actually is.  This dude could be found on waivers at any point during the year.  

but have you seen his hair.