My WR ranking through Week 1 of Camp.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to keep 7 as well, and drop a FB or RB.  I think can go with McCoy, Gore and The Rook and that is it in the backfield.  and go with 7 WRs

I would like to keep 7 wr also. I’m confused by Demarco, can’t someone else fill that role?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

From the bottom tier3 and below guys - has anyone looked comfortable in the gunner spots?  I know McCloud and Mckenzie are a bit undersized - but would need to be able to contribute there to stick on the roster.

Astro said in his Day 4 notes - well, here:
Kick Return practice was all The Andre Roberts Show. Like it or not, he’s on the team as the WR#6/KR#1. Some key special teamers out there were Pat DiMarco, Stanford, Sweeney, Isaiah McKenzie, and my man Nick Easley. Players reaching Roberts first were Easley, RayRay, and McKenzie.

So evidently they are being used and reaching the KR in gunner practice, but to be determined what their comfort level may be with that role.

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

I’m not convinced McCoy is going to beat out Singletary at this point. That being said Daboll comes from the Pats system and the typically keep a lot of RBs and TEs. 

It's been consistently reported that the order of snaps in RB practice is McCoy, Gore, Singletary.  He's done well, but he's a long way from beating out McCoy.

• Like (+1) 1

I think this is an interesting topic but I'd like to hear from observers who have been going to camp.  If some of these guys are falling behind, I'd like to know why.  Dropping balls?  Routes not crisp enough?  Not fast enough?  Can't beat press coverage?  Not hustling?  Doesn't know playbook?  

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 hour ago, billspro said:

I’m not convinced McCoy is going to beat out Singletary at this point. That being said Daboll comes from the Pats system and the typically keep a lot of RBs and TEs. 

If Singletary beats out McCoy, then Shady will likely be cut or traded.  And that's as it should be. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Tier 1 - clearly locked at this point. 

Brown - Best WR at camp. Making plays every day. Knew he had speed am pleasantly surprised with how good he is all over the field. 

Beasley - Chemistry starting to build with the Injury pre camp. However is turning into Josh’s go to guy when needs an easy completion or third down. 

Zay Jones - So far clearly stepped his game up this year. And right now slides into the top 3. Looks a lot different on the field right now. 

Tier 2. - likely locked on roster. 

Robert Foster - was called out in practice. Clearly trying to push those buttons to get him to adapt and improve. However does flash just wish he did it consistently and grow from end of last season. To this point I think he has taken a small step back but a lot of time to get back there. 

Andre Roberts - we knew he was making the team as a All Pro returner. However he is looking like he did when he first came into the league. And I think his WR skills impressing people enough to see he isn’t just a returner at this point and unlike our other ST WRs in past looks to contribute on Offense as well. 

Tier 3 - batting for final Spot at this point. (Only going to keep one with either 6 or 7 in my build because similar skill sets) 

Ray Ray McCloud - clearly stepped up to this point in camp and bears McKenzie at this point. Read about how much extra work he is putting in and it is clearly moving over to the field. Clearly at this point night and day from where he was last year. (Beats out McKenzie at this point for 6th IMO at this point). 

Isaiah McKenzie - he has struggled to this point at camp. And in my rankings has fallen behind McCloud. Needs to step up. Right now on outside looking in. 

Tier 4 - outside looking in (everyone else). 

Duke Williams - top of this tier because he has flashed a couple times. Offers good blocking outside (similar to Robert Woods) also has size and play style to help this team. (Makes the team at this point if they keep 7). 

Cam Phillips - looks very explosive. And has flashed a couple times a practice. Clearly on the rise. Still has to be more consistent and keep working because right now he is still on outside (but likely lands on PS if eligible). 

David Sills - UDFA struggling at this point. (To he expected). My worry about him though is if he gets released he never makes it to the PS because of his UDFA market he had post draft.  But is struggling. 

Bolden and Easily - right now not even worth mentioning not close to making the team. 

I agree with you evaluation so far.  Tier 1 and 2 are pretty much a done deal.

Camp and Preseason has a huge bearing on who is kept for depth so a lot can change on the Tier 3 and 4 guys in the coming weeks.

Actually looking forward to preseason games this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's been consistently reported that the order of snaps in RB practice is McCoy, Gore, Singletary.  He's done well, but he's a long way from beating out McCoy.

I hope Shady beats him out, that means the old Shady is back. Singletary has been looking great though so if Shady doesn’t play his best ball he will likely be gone. I think the Bills keep 5 RBs on the 53 with Shady as the starter still though. 

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

I would like to keep 7 wr also. I’m confused by Demarco, can’t someone else fill that role?

I think Sweeney can Definitely Fit that FB/H Back role

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Were you at camp or this like a collection of thoughts from reports from camp?

Asked and Answered

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Sweeney can Definitely Fit that FB/H Back role

Asked and Answered

Oh, c'mon - There 1d; friends there  takes almost about the same number of letters and is so much more informative

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

I hope Shady beats him out, that means the old Shady is back. Singletary has been looking great though so if Shady doesn’t play his best ball he will likely be gone. I think the Bills keep 5 RBs on the 53 with Shady as the starter still though. 

See here's the thing - it really doesn't, in preseason.  Every year we see TC Heroes who disappear when the pads go on and preseason games start, and then Preseason Heroes who look great in preseason games and disappear when it's For-Real.  That's why I think it's early to nail down the WR roster and depth chart, and even more so with RB which depends so much on physicality you just don't see when it's teammate-on-teammate.

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think this is an interesting topic but I'd like to hear from observers who have been going to camp.  If some of these guys are falling behind, I'd like to know why.  Dropping balls?  Routes not crisp enough?  Not fast enough?  Can't beat press coverage?  Not hustling?  Doesn't know playbook?  

Foster has been called out a couple times at practice on hustle.

McKenzie has been fighting the ball (drops)

Sills has struggled game seems to fast right now for him, Like he is swimming out there.

Easley and Boldin (just not good enough) 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, c'mon - There 1d; friends there  takes almost about the same number of letters and is so much more informative

See here's the thing - it really doesn't, in preseason.  Every year we see TC Heroes who disappear when the pads go on and preseason games start, and then Preseason Heroes who look great in preseason games and disappear when it's For-Real.  That's why I think it's early to nail down the WR roster and depth chart, and even more so with RB which depends so much on physicality you just don't see when it's teammate-on-teammate.

Sorry I live in Florida and rely on my friends that go when I cant.  I however did make it to One Practice, Flew in went to a practice, so Yep I was there.  Also will be going to Carolina for the joint practices, so yeah as I said asked and answered.

I dont think the depth chart is locked in by any means, but there is a clear top 5 at WR right now.  That could all change after week 2 of camp and again after week 3, etc etc

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree, but I also think Singletary is legit. He is going to beat out Shady at some point. It might be preseason, it might be half way through the regular season, or it might not be until the end of the year but it is going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Foster has been called out a couple times at practice on hustle.

McKenzie has been fighting the ball (drops)

Sills has struggled game seems to fast right now for him, Like he is swimming out there.

Easley and Boldin (just not good enough) 

Sorry I live in Florida and rely on my friends that go when I cant.  I however did make it to One Practice, Flew in went to a practice, so Yep I was there.  Also will be going to Carolina for the joint practices, so yeah as I said asked and answered.

I dont think the depth chart is locked in by any means, but there is a clear top 5 at WR right now.  That could all change after week 2 of camp and again after week 3, etc etc

If I recall correctly, drops are a primary reason Denver moved on from McKensie after a year.  They felt he had persistent problems with "the dropsies", which continued to manifest last season.

What about Duke Williams?

1 minute ago, billspro said:

I agree, but I also think Singletary is legit. He is going to beat out Shady at some point. It might be preseason, it might be half way through the regular season, or it might not be until the end of the year but it is going to happen. 

That would be a Good Thing because no question McCoy is on the downhill side.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If I recall correctly, drops are a primary reason Denver moved on from McKensie after a year.  They felt he had persistent problems with "the dropsies", which continued to manifest last season.

What about Duke Williams?

Duke looked much better with Pads on, has good body control and shields well.  I worry about his separation ability at the top of the route.  But now that pads on seem like he is getting better separation.

5 hours ago, CommonCents said:

Still can’t accept Hakeem Butler not being on this roster.  The Bills won’t be the only team regretting that one. 

Your list looks accurate though. 

Would you trade Dawson Knox or Devin Singletary Butler?