My WR ranking through Week 1 of Camp.

Tier 1 - clearly locked at this point. 

Brown - Best WR at camp. Making plays every day. Knew he had speed am pleasantly surprised with how good he is all over the field. 

Beasley - Chemistry starting to build with the Injury pre camp. However is turning into Josh’s go to guy when needs an easy completion or third down. 

Zay Jones - So far clearly stepped his game up this year. And right now slides into the top 3. Looks a lot different on the field right now. 

Tier 2. - likely locked on roster. 

Robert Foster - was called out in practice. Clearly trying to push those buttons to get him to adapt and improve. However does flash just wish he did it consistently and grow from end of last season. To this point I think he has taken a small step back but a lot of time to get back there. 

Andre Roberts - we knew he was making the team as a All Pro returner. However he is looking like he did when he first came into the league. And I think his WR skills impressing people enough to see he isn’t just a returner at this point and unlike our other ST WRs in past looks to contribute on Offense as well. 

Tier 3 - batting for final Spot at this point. (Only going to keep one with either 6 or 7 in my build because similar skill sets) 

Ray Ray McCloud - clearly stepped up to this point in camp and bears McKenzie at this point. Read about how much extra work he is putting in and it is clearly moving over to the field. Clearly at this point night and day from where he was last year. (Beats out McKenzie at this point for 6th IMO at this point). 

Isaiah McKenzie - he has struggled to this point at camp. And in my rankings has fallen behind McCloud. Needs to step up. Right now on outside looking in. 

Tier 4 - outside looking in (everyone else). 

Duke Williams - top of this tier because he has flashed a couple times. Offers good blocking outside (similar to Robert Woods) also has size and play style to help this team. (Makes the team at this point if they keep 7). 

Cam Phillips - looks very explosive. And has flashed a couple times a practice. Clearly on the rise. Still has to be more consistent and keep working because right now he is still on outside (but likely lands on PS if eligible). 

David Sills - UDFA struggling at this point. (To he expected). My worry about him though is if he gets released he never makes it to the PS because of his UDFA market he had post draft.  But is struggling. 

Bolden and Easily - right now not even worth mentioning not close to making the team. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Tier 1

Zay Jones - So far clearly stepped his game up this year. And right now slides into the top 3. Looks a lot different on the field right now. 

Tier 3 - batting for final Spot at this point. (Only going to keep one with either 6 or 7 in my build because similar skill sets) 

Ray Ray McCloud - clearly stepped up to this point in camp and bears McKenzie at this point. Read about how much extra work he is putting in and it is clearly moving over to the field. Clearly at this point night and day from where he was last year. (Beats out McKenzie at this point for 6th IMO at this point). 

Isaiah McKenzie - he has struggled to this point at camp. And in my rankings has fallen behind McCloud. Needs to step up. Right now on outside looking in.

Good post.   Consistent with what others have said with regard to the top 3-5

I'm just wondering if you've been at camp or have friends who have been, or are basing this off the same coverage we are? 

Because I can't tell from the media coverage if Jones really looks different on the field or whether or not McCloud > McKenzie.  McKenzie has been pointed out for a couple good catches with the 1's.  McCloud got props from McDermott for having stepped up in the off-season but I don't know what weight to put on that.  Sometimes coaches say stuff to encourage a player

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm just wondering if you've been at camp or have friends who have been, or are basing this off the same coverage we are? 

Because I can't tell from the media coverage if Jones really looks different on the field or whether or not McCloud > McKenzie.  McKenzie has been pointed out for a couple good catches with the 1's.

Have had friends go. And was there at one so far. Going to more in upcoming weeks too

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Still can’t accept Hakeem Butler not being on this roster.  The Bills won’t be the only team regretting that one. 

Your list looks accurate though. 

You “can’t accept”....lol.

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks!  Having been there in person and had knowledgeable friends there in person, gives it cred

Going to the Joint Panther Practices as well. Finalized those plans and travel this morning. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Brown - Best WR at camp. Making plays every day. Knew he had speed am pleasantly surprised with how good he is all over the field. 

Beasley - Chemistry starting to build with the Injury pre camp. However is turning into Josh’s go to guy when needs an easy completion or third down. 

Robert Foster - was called out in practice. Clearly trying to push those buttons to get him to adapt and improve. However does flash just wish he did it consistently and grow from end of last season. To this point I think he has taken a small step back but a lot of time to get back there. 

Andre Roberts - we knew he was making the team as a All Pro returner. However he is looking like he did when he first came into the league. And I think his WR skills impressing people enough to see he isn’t just a returner at this point and unlike our other ST WRs in past looks to contribute on Offense as well. 

Duke Williams - top of this tier because he has flashed a couple times. Offers good blocking outside (similar to Robert Woods) also has size and play style to help this team. (Makes the team at this point if they keep 7). 

Cam Phillips - looks very explosive. And has flashed a couple times a practice. Clearly on the rise. Still has to be more consistent and keep working because right now he is still on outside (but likely lands on PS if eligible). 

David Sills - UDFA struggling at this point. (To he expected). My worry about him though is if he gets released he never makes it to the PS because of his UDFA market he had post draft.  But is struggling. 

Bolden and Easily - right now not even worth mentioning not close to making the team. 

From the bottom tier3 and below guys - has anyone looked comfortable in the gunner spots?  I know McCloud and Mckenzie are a bit undersized - but would need to be able to contribute there to stick on the roster.

Just now, dneveu said:

From the bottom tier3 and below guys - has anyone looked comfortable in the gunner spots?  I know McCloud and Mckenzie are a bit undersized - but would need to be able to contribute there to stick on the roster.

I'm sure one of our LBs/S/CB could fill that spot too, Maurice Alexander played it with Seattle so suspect he'd do it here too. 

Just now, dneveu said:

Havent Closely watched that when I was there was mainly watching the Corey vs Corey show.  I do know Neal has had alot of reps as Gunner from the Defensive Backfield.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Havent Closely watched that when I was there was mainly watching the Corey vs Corey show.  I do know Neal has had alot of reps as Gunner from the Defensive Backfield.

We had Holmes there last year til we cut him - then most of the snaps went to others.  Foster had some too.  Guess it depends how things fall.

I like the idea of boot it deep and punt it out of bounds more than anything though.  Probably puts you firmly middle of the road.  Also focus more time on blocking for your own KRs and PRs and less time worrying about tackling etc. 

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Still can’t accept Hakeem Butler not being on this roster.  The Bills won’t be the only team regretting that one. 

Your list looks accurate though. 

maybe this had something to do with Bills passing on him.

Hakeem-Butler-Drop-Rate.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Good write up, thanks Maj. I'm really hoping they keep 7, which would allow us to put one of the bigger guys in and have a little more versatility. My ideal corps would be Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster as the top 4. Roberts as a depth wr and obviously as a returner. Then one of McLoud or McKenzie for a smaller, quicker guy, and one of Duke or Sills for the big guy. I think that gives you a ton of speed, solid third down and red zone options, an all pro returner who can step in if needed as a receiver, and some good size for blocking and contested catches. No Julio Jones or AB on the roster, but a well rounded, versatile squad that can be adapted week to week to attack a defenses weakness. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

Good write up, thanks Maj. I'm really hoping they keep 7, which would allow us to put one of the bigger guys in and have a little more versatility. My ideal corps would be Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster as the top 4. Roberts as a depth wr and obviously as a returner. Then one of McLoud or McKenzie for a smaller, quicker guy, and one of Duke or Sills for the big guy. I think that gives you a ton of speed, solid third down and red zone options, an all pro returner who can step in if needed as a receiver, and some good size for blocking and contested catches. No Julio Jones or AB on the roster, but a well rounded, versatile squad that can be adapted week to week to attack a defenses weakness. 

I would like to keep 7 as well, and drop a FB or RB.  I think can go with McCoy, Gore and The Rook and that is it in the backfield.  and go with 7 WRs

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to keep 7 as well, and drop a FB or RB.  I think can go with McCoy, Gore and The Rook and that is it in the backfield.  and go with 7 WRs

We have disagreed a couple of times today but I wholeheartedly agree with this. I see no use for Yeldon. The two future HOFers and the rook will do. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Foster is a lock.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I’m not convinced McCoy is going to beat out Singletary at this point. That being said Daboll comes from the Pats system and the typically keep a lot of RBs and TEs. 

• Like (+1) 1