NFL Network Top 100 Players - total snub?

On 7/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, whatdrought said:

They had Larry Fitzgerald and AJ Green in the 50’s while Carson Wentz was 96. 

Was 96 the room number that he has at the hospital on a permanent basis.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:09 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

earlier in the spring NFL Live was dedicating an episode to each division. basically included breakdowns of each teams moves and plans. well on its AFC east episode they literally broke down every other team other than buffalo. that takes it to a new level right there.... all I could do was chuckle.

When we start destroying the other teams in the division we'll see what they talk about.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Patrick Mahomes #4    (but we were able to draft Tre White )

50 touchdowns, 5,097 yards and an MVP trophy. 

Khalil Mack  #3    (but Sammy Watkins before him)

The Bill's could have drafted both these players , I expect to be flamed and rightfully so

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038178/article/top-100-players-of-2019-nos-101-aaron-donald-takes-no-1-spot

boom

2 hours ago, ALF said:

The Bill's could have drafted both these players , I expect to be flamed and rightfully so

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038178/article/top-100-players-of-2019-nos-101-aaron-donald-takes-no-1-spot

But, but, but ... they wouldn't have been as good in Buffalo as they have been in KC and Oakland/Chicago so White and Watkins (who helped the Bills acquire Josh Allen) were "good picks".  It's the typical Bills fan's defense of the Bills regime du jour's draft gaffes -- which are repeated with sad regularity (remember the Bills passing on Brian Orakpo to take Aaron Maybin????) and then compounded by frequently letting their best players walk in FA rather than paying them.  FTR, both Stephon Gilmore and Robert Woods made the top 100.  Brilliant!

1 hour ago, Jeetz1231 said:

Thanks for the leg work, pretty crazy we are the only team without one on the list.

Why is it "crazy"?  Beane and McDermott accomplished their goal of stripping the team of all its established talent and replacing it with JAGs and non-NFL talents plus a youngsters of varying quality.  The Bills had one of the lowest, if not the lowest, actual player salary total for 2018.  Ex-Bills Gilmore and Woods, both sent packing by the current regime in 2017, made the Top 100.

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

People actually care what NFLN hosts think of the Bills?

You claim not to care but here you are claiming you don't care.   Tell me another one.    FTR, it's players not media hosts who vote on the Top 100 players but keep up your whining.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:32 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree that the Bills have guys that could Ben in there. It’s only something like 10% of the league that votes though so it isn’t indicative of everyone. As an example if 22% of the AFC West votes and 6% of the AFC East the guys out West are more likely to be selected because the players are more familiar with them.

EDIT: 1,098 players submitted ballots this year. That’s way higher than in previous years (65% of the league).

Yea the process in general isn't indicative of what's going on around the league. The players are given a list of already narrowed down players and then asked to rank their top 20 out of that list. They then add up all the rankings and that forms the list. Ties in 'points' the NFLN makes the decision of who gets ranked where.

EDIT: I feel like one of these threads starts every year when a Bills player isn't ranked or ranked "high enough".

Edited by Wayne Cubed
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Who cares... the Bills passed on Tom Brady --if we had him-- we would always have a guy in the top 10!!!!

and I dont give a sh!t about this list. Prove it on the field. When we can do that -- I still wont care about this list!!!

22 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

Who cares... the Bills passed on Tom Brady --if we had him-- we would always have a guy in the top 10!!!!

and I dont give a sh!t about this list. Prove it on the field. When we can do that -- I still wont care about this list!!!

If you truly don't care about this list, why are you replying to this thread?  And so vehemently claiming you don't?

You guys really think Tre White (54 TACKLES, 2 INT) and Micah Hyde (58 TACKLES, 2 INT) got snubbed? Both had down years and we missed the playoffs again, I think some of you are wearing the red/white and blue colored glasses. They're hopefully going to bounce back and take us to the playoffs and beyond this season but last year they definitely regressed from the previous year imo.