NFL Network Top 100 Players - total snub?

51 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again, the list is silly NFLN hype. I’d say most are aware it’s a player vote, ( so is the pro bowl, in part) but that often becomes a popularity contest. Players vote for their friends, those in contract years etc. The Bills are an afterthought on that network, and around the league in many ways. Bottom line, the list doesn’t mean much. 

46 minutes ago, eball said:

Actually, they're not.  GMFB talks about them a lot.

you beat me to it, eball…. bills actually get talked about more than one would think on the network. 

37 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you beat me to it, eball…. bills actually get talked about more than one would think on the network. 

The Good Morning Football crew have been giving a lot of off season credit to Beane and have some pretty high praise for the team in general. They love Beane, McDermott, Allen, the free agent additions, and the draft picks. Pretty much once a week you can bet on the Bills receiving some high praise from the Good Morning Football crew. Schrager absolutely loved Beane’s “Don’t talk about Buffalo” press conference. 

Edited by Bills2ref

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

More snubs = more motivation.

Did you not think they would be motivated?  Fans overrate this stuff.  These guys’ jobs are on the line every game.  

But I agree Tre and Micah seem like top 100 players.  But I’m sure there are players on every team that think they are being snubbed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Actually, they're not.  GMFB talks about them a lot.

I disagree. Yeah the GMFB crew gives the occasional shoutout to Bills mafia and whatever, but they’re just throwing a bone to the faithful.They quickly move on.  Their obsession with the Patriots et al is undeniable to anyone watching for more than about 15 minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. Yeah the GMFB crew gives the occasional shoutout to Bills mafia and whatever, but they’re just throwing a bone to the faithful.They quickly move on.  Their obsession with the Patriots et al is undeniable to anyone watching for more than about 15 minutes

I really enjoy the show but you aren't wrong here....

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. Yeah the GMFB crew gives the occasional shoutout to Bills mafia and whatever, but they’re just throwing a bone to the faithful.They quickly move on.  Their obsession with the Patriots et al is undeniable to anyone watching for more than about 15 minutes. 

So they give a lot of time to the team that is always in SB??? ?

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I really enjoy the show but you aren't wrong here....

I actually like the show and it’s hosts for the most part. My tolerance level for Pats coverage is low, so it colors my overall impressions. Most times, I switch the channel and come back to it. I don’t expect a ton of Bills related discussion, but they do put more out there than say NFL live on ESPN. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So they give a lot of time to the team that is always in SB??? ?

Yes, and a LOT is an understatement. Regardless of their success ( and the fact that most football fans despise them outside of Boston) it is the NFL network. There are 31 other teams in the league and their focus on that one team is obsessive. Besides, their collective opinion is always something like “ event or injury X doesn’t matter, because we’ll its the Patriots” and the HC ( and by extension the players)  are notoriously boring and mundane in interviews. So what’s to discuss ?

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I actually like the show and it’s hosts for the most part. My tolerance level for Pats coverage is low, so it colors my overall impressions. Most times, I switch the channel and come back to it. I don’t expect a ton of Bills related discussion, but they do put more out there than say NFL live on ESPN. 

Yes, and a LOT is an understatement. Regardless of their success ( and the fact that most football fans despise them outside of Boston) it is the NFL network. There are 31 other teams in the league and their focus on that one team is obsessive. 

I mean if we switched roles, we would be pissed if they spend any time talking about the Pats who missed the playoffs 18 out of 19 years (how amazing would that be!).

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean if we switched roles, we would be pissed if they spend any time talking about the Pats who missed the playoffs 18 out of 19 years (how amazing would that be!).

I wouldn’t , as it is a league network and that type of coverage is always available locally. 

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did you not think they would be motivated?  Fans overrate this stuff.  These guys’ jobs are on the line every game.  

But I agree Tre and Micah seem like top 100 players.  But I’m sure there are players on every team that think they are being snubbed.

Did you see Josh Allen with Tim Graham talking about his Madden scores?  Players respond to disrespect.  I think there's an effect.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you see Josh Allen with Tim Graham talking about his Madden scores?  Players respond to disrespect.  I think there's an effect.

I’ll agree with this. While these guys have internal motivation, I believe they constantly seek out external sources as well. It’s the way they stay on top.

26 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

earlier in the spring NFL Live was dedicating an episode to each division. basically included breakdowns of each teams moves and plans. well on its AFC east episode they literally broke down every other team other than buffalo. that takes it to a new level right there.... all I could do was chuckle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

So be it -- I don't watch much of this stuff anyway and what the national media thinks of the Bills is of no concern to me.

Oh, and news flash -- a team that has been to 3 straight Super Bowls and won 3 of the last 5 is going to be the primary feature most of the time.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

God, the Madden stuff is so stupid.  Everyone thinks they are better than they are.  I really don’t think Allen or other players will be motivate that much one or the other.

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

With 15 hours to fill a week, all teams must get GMFB time during the offseason.

Patrick Mahomes #4    (but we were able to draft Tre White )

50 touchdowns, 5,097 yards and an MVP trophy. 

Khalil Mack  #3    (but Sammy Watkins before him)

The Bill's could have drafted both these players , I expect to be flamed and rightfully so

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001038178/article/top-100-players-of-2019-nos-101-aaron-donald-takes-no-1-spot

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

Ok Here is the final team numbers for the TOP 100.  *-indicates that 1 player on the team did not play for that team in 2018. Teams are listed by placed finshed in the divison.

AFC EAST                              AFC NORTH
New England:4                      Ravens: 1* 
Miami Dolphins:1                  Steelers: 5 
BUFFALO:0                            Browns:4*
New York Jets:2*                  Bengals:2 

AFC SOUTH                          AFC WEST
Texans:4                                Kansas City:6*    
Colts: 4                                  Chargers:6 
Titans:3                                 Broncos:3 
Jaguars:2                              Raiders:1*

NFC NORTH                        NFC SOUTH
Bears:4                                Saints:4 - 3/4 Ranked in top 15
Vikings:5                             Falcons:2
Packers:3                            Panthers:4* 
Lions:1    -                           Bucs:2*

NFC EAST                           NFC WEST
Cowboys:8                          Rams:6* 
Eagles:4                              Seahawks:3             
Redskins: 1                         49ers:2*
Giants:1                              Cardinals:2 

Edited by Protocal69
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Ok Here is the final team numbers for the TOP 100.  *-indicates that 1 player on the team did not play for that team in 2018. Teams are listed by placed finshed in the divison.

AFC EAST                              AFC NORTH
New England:4                      Ravens: 1* 
Miami Dolphins:1                  Steelers: 5 
BUFFALO:0                            Browns:4*
New York Jets:2*                  Bengals:2 

AFC SOUTH                          AFC WEST
Texans:4                                Kansas City:6*    
Colts: 4                                  Chargers:6 
Titans:3                                 Broncos:3 
Jaguars:2                              Raiders:1*

NFC NORTH                        NFC SOUTH
Bears:4                                Saints:4 - 3/4 Ranked in top 15
Vikings:5                             Falcons:2
Packers:3                            Panthers:4* 
Lions:1    -                           Bucs:2*

NFC EAST                           NFC WEST
Cowboys:8                          Rams:6* 
Eagles:4                              Seahawks:3             
Redskins: 1                         49ers:2*
Giants:1                              Cardinals:2 

Thanks for the leg work, pretty crazy we are the only team without one on the list.

• Like (+1) 1