Ravens having trouble selling tickets to opener

On 7/30/2019 at 4:07 PM, RochesterRob said:

Valuation in good times has little to do with what happens when an entity is under serious financial stress.  I should look up the details of Jones' finances pertaining to the stadium if available to see how many more years he has to go with payments.  The point remains that there are no guarantees when it comes to the NFL as far as 5,10, 15, or more years into the future.  As some have said here the sports books may well have the ability to make fans want to show up there versus the stadium on Sunday.  Further, I suspect that future fans in many current NFL may not be as dedicated to buying season tickets as the current batch of fans are.  What happens when the inevitable happens in New England when going deep into the playoffs every year no longer happens every year?  Success often breeds its own form of damnation.

The Cowboys are the most valued sports franchise in the world vs all other sports, and they haven't been all that good lately, as in they haven't won a Superbowl (Championship) in 22 years.  As much as the Bills have a bucket list tailgate the Cowboys have a bucket list stadium.  That's not going away any time soon.  Football mad Texas ain't turning on the Cowboys in our lifetime.  If they do, football will be dead everywhere.

It's an older book, and I know the league has changed,  but 'The Rise and Decline of the NFL' went into great detail about the how the league and the team owners made sure that values just kept going up, even if it meant loaning each other money for bailouts.  I suspect the current NFL can't afford for a team like Dallas to be anything but the most valuable team, or at least very near the top.  They'll do everything they can to make sure Jerry is successful, it's good for the league.

Edited by driddles

17 hours ago, bbb said:

For locals, maybe they can use those cutouts that were in the Brick Bar that had been used as "extras" in The Natural.  

Or they can "sell" the chance to have your own cutout made... pay $150 and get your cut out placed in a seat at a game! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Is this something which is supposed to speed up service or save money?   

Couple key areas they want to target

1) Most people just like having it on their phone better..i know i do. Not worried bout leaving tickets at home, losing them etc.

2) The print at home tickets invited crazy amounts of fraud.

3) absolutely chit ton cheaper not to print the tickets..and in their spin save the planet!

4) drives people to their "approved" secondary sellers Stubhub and Ticketmaster ..instead of scalpers on game day( thats the one thing that I miss with no hard tickets)

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I think it may just be to piss me off! If that’s the goal, it’s a terrific success! 

can you give me other areas that do that so I can beef up on them prior to the opener? THX!

17 hours ago, Augie said:

Older people generally have more money than younger people. I spend freely......stupidly even!  ?

good, your buying beers in Nashville all game long!!! I am making sure your seat is next to mine!!!!!

Ravens Related 

QB Jackson counters coach, says he'll run less

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Coach John Harbaugh recently said Lamar Jacksonwill run just as much as he did last season, but the Baltimore Ravens franchise quarterback believes otherwise.

Jackson, who set the NFL single-season record in 2018 for rushing attempts by a quarterback with 147, said on "The Rich Eisen Show" on Thursday that he doesn't expect to carry the ball as much as his rookie season. Asked if he could sustain that physical aspect of the game, Jackson said: "Absolutely. I've put on weight. But I don't think I'll be running as much as I did last year. There were a lot of [run-pass options] and a lot of sudden changes in last year's game. This will be totally different."

On 7/31/2019 at 3:50 PM, Augie said:

I’ve had issues with this at multiple stadiums - and I HATE it! It wasn’t just me. It’s not JUST because I’m a technologically inept old man, despite what @plenzmd1 will tell you! Even with the tech people they had at the stadium to help in Atlanta, it took until the 3rd or 4th guy to get all the settings right and get into the stadium. If their own tech people can’t figure it out, they just aren’t doing it right!!! ? 

Question for you (or anyone who knows).

The new phone app tickets, IF a person buys multiple tickets and lets say one or more in the group doesn't have a cell phone.

Let's say a child or elder, can the buyer have more than 1 ticket on his phone to legally let in the ones that don't?

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Question for you (or anyone who knows).

The new phone app tickets, IF a person buys multiple tickets and lets say one or more in the group doesn't have a cell phone.

Let's say a child or elder, can the buyer have more than 1 ticket on his phone to legally let in the ones that don't?

As of last year that would work. That was how I got into the opener. But I have no idea what might have changed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1