Ravens having trouble selling tickets to opener

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

The “at home experience” gets better every year, and the attention span of the younger generations gets shorter and shorter. I think this factors in to overall ticket sales.

The good thing for the NFL is there’s only 8 reg season home games to sell. I think MLB will be affected the most in the long run, too many games and a relatively slow moving sport.

Honestly, I’d rather just tailgate and watch the game at a bar or at home.  You get overcharged for beer and food in the stadium, have to wait in lines for everything, and then it takes hours to get home.  And normally, everyone is pissed off because the Bills lost.  I think this will be a huge issue for the nfl going forward.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, I’d rather just tailgate and watch the game at a bar or at home.  You get overcharged for beer and food in the stadium, have to wait in lines for everything, and then it takes hours to get home.  And normally, everyone is pissed off because the Bills lost.  I think this will be a huge issue for the nfl going forward.  

I haven't been to a game in several years.  My son plays hockey and every weekend is booked with games on Saturday and Sunday.  I try to finagle a trip to Penn State to catch a hockey game at least once a year.  We might be able to catch a PSU football game early in the year because my son broke his arm and will be in a cast until Labor Day but the NFL, in it's wisdom, doesn't start until the weekend after that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

The “at home experience” gets better every year, and the attention span of the younger generations gets shorter and shorter. I think this factors in to overall ticket sales.

Especially in places like Baltimore where leaving home exponentially increases one's chance of being murdered on the street

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And normally, everyone is pissed off because the Bills lost.  I think this will be a huge issue for the nfl going forward.

one way or another "half" the crowd will be pissed their team lost  

9 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Especially in places like Baltimore where leaving home exponentially increases one's chance of being murdered on the street

I've been to the waterfront (harbor) where both the stadiums are and Its not really that bad.     Wander away a few miles and that can be very different.  

Game time there are plenty of people around and a security presence 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I generally agree but 52%, 10 tds, 14 ints, 173 passing yards/ game, and a 67.9 QBs rating doesn’t scream great passer.  Hopefully with better protection and receivers, this will improve.  I do think some fans live in glasses houses.  

I do think the real interesting thing will be how both of these guys are coached against.  I imagine they will both get spies, take contain pass rushes, and be forced to take shorter stuff.  

QB stats are as worthless as used toilet paper.  My house is brick.  

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I generally agree but 52%, 10 tds, 14 ints, 173 passing yards/ game, and a 67.9 QBs rating doesn’t scream great passer.  Hopefully with better protection and receivers, this will improve.  I do think some fans live in glasses houses.  

I do think the real interesting thing will be how both of these guys are coached against.  I imagine they will both get spies, take contain pass rushes, and be forced to take shorter stuff.  

Yeah I get your point but after injury Allen avg 207 yards per, 79 yards rushing (286 total) 13 Total TDs to 7 INTs and 4 fumbles (1 lost) in six games

Jackson in his 7 starts: 159 yards passing, 79 rushing (238 total) 9 Total TDs (5 passing) and 3 INTS. He also had 10 fumbles (4 lost) and at least one every game (7 games)

So 50 yards extra per game and 4 TDs difference. Turnovers are 1 different and rushing stats is a wash. Allen had 4 more total TDs in one less game.

One guy had John Brown, Michael Crabtree and  Hayden Hurst and one of the best offensive lines in football. The other had Zay Jones, Robert Foster, Charles Clay and one of the worst lines in football

26 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The good thing for the NFL is there’s only 8 reg season home games to sell. I think MLB will be affected the most in the long run, too many games and a relatively slow moving sport.

As part of the "younger generation" this is not a reason why fans arent going to games.

Its goddamn expensive. Plain and simple

29 minutes ago, bbb said:

And, then they just eat the cost of the PSLs they bought?  

Dont throw good money after bad

If PSLs were a thing to have seasons in Buffalo, I would be done

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

As part of the "younger generation" this is not a reason why fans arent going to games.

Its goddamn expensive. Plain and simple.

Sure, cost comes into play, especially when the twenty-somethings can’t afford to buy a house or start a family. Football tix take a backseat.

But the attention span comes into play too. Mine certainly is an issue sometimes, but that’s because between TV timeouts, replay timeouts etc the league/officiating  drags these games out sometimes to the point of unwatchable. No flow.

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I would also like to take the opportunity for folks to take a gander at Ticketmaster and the relatively surprising number of tickets that are still available for the Bills home opener...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000566BD82F7534?dma_id=409&brand=bills&artistid=805905&landing=s&camefrom=CFC_BILLS_BBC_PIP

Not one game is close to a sell out,not sure why.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Devil’s advocate: Allen played similarly and Jackson played on a playoff team.  I do think Allen looks more of natural qb but without his rushing, his season would have been pretty awful.  Both guys need to become much better passers.

So you admit you are being paid by Bellicheat.

6 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep, M&T Bank Stadium!

Yes M&T Bank based in Buffalo.  Sort of been hoping that M&T Bank gets in dispute with Ravens and no longer wants their name (or money) attached to stadium and goes home.  I have multiple accounts at M&T Bank in Virginia and every bank officer I have worked with is from WNY area.

24 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes M&T Bank based in Buffalo.  Sort of been hoping that M&T Bank gets in dispute with Ravens and no longer wants their name (or money) attached to stadium and goes home.  I have multiple accounts at M&T Bank in Virginia and every bank officer I have worked with is from WNY area.

yeah I hear you.  M&T is making a big push to become more relevant in the Baltimore area though, as far as market share and brand recognition 

33 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Not one game is close to a sell out,not sure why.

Has the “blind faith” loyalty finally been tapped out?

Honest question. There’s only so much people can take before they ‘demand’ some sort of results.

You will always have the “die hards”, but I get the feeling even some of those types are being more careful in regards to dropping good coin on this franchise.

Season tix numbers are clearly down, they didn’t announce the number last year for the first time ever. I know several people/tix groups that were put off by the recent pricing changes too.

15 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Honest question. There’s only so much people can take before they ‘demand’ some sort of results.

You will always have the “die hards”, but I get the feeling even some of those types are being more careful in regards to dropping good coin on this franchise.

Season tix numbers are clearly down, they didn’t announce the number last year for the first time ever. I know several people/tix groups that were put off by the recent pricing changes too.

The NFL should take note but it most likely will not.  Generations past had far fewer things to fill their free time but today the NFL is competing with a tech oriented and mobile society.  It's not realistic for fans of any team to willing wait for decades for a championship in their lifetime.  Even fans of teams like the 49'ers and Packers want their own golden era to revel in and not Great Grampa's from 1981 or 1967.  Today's Dolphins fan will not lean on the crutch of Shula and Marino.  Live by the snark of mocking others failures but now it is die by the snark as anything less than a SB is unacceptable.

56 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Truth is..the population keeps decreasing here ,and it has aged.

They young people left and keep leaving, especially over the course of the past 20 years.

Outside of a miracle...we won't see a new stadium..most locals already know that.

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I will take this opportunity to remind you that the Bills/Oilers comeback Game was not sold out and not televised locally.  It was a playoff game.

and nearly everyone who was there left miserable

not me though ; )

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

ala how to beat Tyrod ?

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Seriously, with this Bills team finally trending up and finally looking decent, ticket sales are the worst I can recall this century. Something ain't right.

Possible reasons:

• Because they fired the marketer? 
  • Because they tried to force ticket buyers to use electronic ticketing which hurt ability to resell?
  • New scaled pricing plan to try to keep more of the money themselves?
  • Professional ticket scalpers' Ponzi scheme failed?
  • Lack of Kyle?

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Possible reasons:

• Because they fired the marketer? - Are you Russ Brandon?
  • Because they tried to force ticket buyers to use electronic ticketing which hurt ability to resell? - It's 2019, Bro.
  • New scaled pricing plan to try to keep more of the money themselves? - Please explain how they "keep more money" if prices are essentially the same?
  • Professional ticket scalpers' Ponzi scheme failed? - The secondary market was always strong in other years, so what's different now?
  • Lack of Kyle? - So finding a franchise QB doesn't make up for losing a beloved DT?