Ravens having trouble selling tickets to opener

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to give props to a teams starting QB who stands up in front of the media and matter-of-factly says "You guys seen me last year.  You guys know.  I was horrible.  Lot of Ducks"
https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/28/baltimore-ravens-2019-training-camp-report-day-3-lamar-jackson-miles-boykin/
https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/nfl/article233201471.html

He just seems like a likeable and level-headed kid.

I liked Lamar out of college. Thought he was a much better passer than people credited him for. Ravens have given him so many weapons the past two drafts as well in free agency. No excuses for him. 

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is this where I say Baltimore is a “rodent and rat infested mess?” Asking for a friend....

Is your friend in the pest control business? I think he may have an opportunity here. 

I've been to 3 games in their stadium.  The 1st time I was in the upper deck, the last 2 times I got seats in the lowest level because getting to the upper deck in that stadium is the worst hike I've ever had in any stadium.  I remember seeing an older overweight woman on the stairs to the upper deck and I thought she was going to die trying to get up the stairs.  It's no surprise that they're having trouble unloading those upper deck seats.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been to 3 games in their stadium.  The 1st time I was in the upper deck, the last 2 times I got seats in the lowest level because getting to the upper deck in that stadium is the worst hike I've ever had in any stadium.  I remember seeing an older overweight woman on the stairs to the upper deck and I thought she was going to die trying to get up the stairs.  It's no surprise that they're having trouble unloading those upper deck seats.  

Hauntingly familiar to my experience in NRG stadium in Houston. Butt ugly ‘palace’ to boot. Huffing & puffing up to the upper deck I said “ I love Rich/Ralph/NewEra! Half the stadium is below ground level, half above. Perfect”. 

As to why Ravens can’t sell tickets, I’m Shocked, I tell ya! SB winning QB (Flacco) HOF LB (Suggs)? What’s not to love? ???

• Like (+1) 1

At the final game against Cincy in 2017 where the Ravens choked away the playoff berth to the Bills,  M&T was half empty because it was New Years Eve. 

That would never happen in Buffalo with a playoff berth on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I got to give props to a teams starting QB who stands up in front of the media and matter-of-factly says "You guys seen me last year.  You guys know.  I was horrible.  Lot of Ducks"
https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/28/baltimore-ravens-2019-training-camp-report-day-3-lamar-jackson-miles-boykin/

LOL....  The very reason I didn't want this guy in Buffalo 

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is this where I say Baltimore is a “rodent and rat infested mess?” Asking for a friend....

The only rodents and rat I ran into were drunken Ravens fans at halftime yelling at Bills fans to leave. 

Apologies ...  I just now understand the post.

[Edited by Moderator to remove insensitive, political comment]

9 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

And gonorrhea capital of North America...don't forget to tell your friend "rodent and rat infested mess and gonorrhea capital of North America."

Ha well that’s simply not true. I know spewing fallacy is thing with today’s society, but if you’re feeling daring, and up for educating yourself, you can head over to the CDC’s website or alarms.org for the real numbers. 

Spoiler alert: it’s Mississippi 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 87168 said:

Ha well that’s simply not true. I know spewing fallacy is thing with today’s society, but if you’re feeling daring, and up for educating yourself, you can head over to the CDC’s website or alarms.org for the real numbers. 

Spoiler alert: it’s Mississippi 

I don't feel like it...it was said tongue-in-cheek. Glad you did the research though. Lighten up, Francis.

11 hours ago, boater said:

Ravens = Moribund local economy.

Buehler? Buehler?

Lol!   You must have skipped economics class with Ferris.

Private sector job growth in the Baltimore metro area has been much faster than Buffalo.   Since 2016, its up 1.4%  annually vs. 0.6% in Buffalo.   So far this year, the gap is 1.3% vs. 0.7%.

Even in the "rat infested" City of Baltimore, employment growth has topped the comparable rate in the City of Buffalo (1.1% vs. 0.9) so far this year...

11 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Fixed...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-mtb-renovations-20190722-4xl77fu4jbgghj7l75z3mwplsa-story.html

"The 16 new escalators were added to the 500 level to address long-standing complaints from fans. Ravens President Dick Cass said they will help longtime season ticket holders who find they are not as young as they were when they bought their seats."

“I think the upper-bowl experience will be enhanced,” he said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Last time I was there a decade ago, it was M&T stadium I think.  Still that name?   We stayed at a motel outside Balt, took a train in and got off right at the stadium.  Not like Buffalo stadium experience though, not tailgating.  But, more like a PGA golf even.....lots of corporate tents etc.  Being use to the Ralph/New Era atmosphere, I wasn't expecting PGA/NFL hybrid experience.  Anyhow, the Bills lost, and we sat near some of the Bills players families in the upper deck.  Seats were not as good as NEW ERA uppers imho.

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Odd play for them to highlight.  He underthrew an open receiver by 4 yards.   That's an easy pick if the safety is there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

because getting to the upper deck in that stadium is the worst hike I've ever had in any stadium

Contrast that to New Era. That's what makes the partially sunken New Era such an architectural masterpiece. The hike to the upper decks is negligible. The hike from any seats to concessions is minimal.

• Like (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-ravens-quarterback-robert-griffin-iii-broken-bone-throwing-hand-injury-training-camp-222902976.html

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III broke a bone in his right hand at training camp, and is expected to “miss practice for at least a few weeks,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh announced on Sunday.

Griffin injured his hand at training camp on Saturday after he made a pass and accidentally slammed his throwing hand into linebacker Tim Williams’ helmet. Almost instantly, Griffin could be seen jumping around and shaking his hand, clearly in pain.

Ravens Related